Author Topic: Free Brazilian Expansion pack  (Read 4382 times)

RagJose

Free Brazilian Expansion pack
« on: July 22, 2020, 12:26:58 AM »
Dear colleagues,

Last month Yamaha announced free Expansion Packs at their shop site, but a lot of issues delayed and made difficult the actual downloading for several weeks.  These issues were addressed in hundreds of posts in a thread at the Genos-General board (link below), so maybe many PSR owners didn't follow it.

At last Yamaha apparently corrected the many problems at the site, although I understand not everybody was successful in getting the desired packs.  I was able to download (after several attempts) the Brazilian pack, which was my first priority.

To facilitate access by others interested (likely other Brazilian participants), I uploaded it to the link below .  It includes Brazilian voices and styles for PSRs S-670, S-770, S-775, S-970, S-975, SX-700 and SX-900 and is about 270MB.  You'll need Yamaha's Expansion Manager (free) for installation.  Enjoy.

Cheers -- José

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55896.0.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A4y8G8D9RT5jf4GXEmaD-YZjkindtOpJ/view?usp=sharing

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Dave Shively, motifes, rezaazadi1361, Taffinator, Armand, balcino

Offline pmedina

Re: Free Brazilian Expansion pack
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »
Hi RagJose, Thanks for shear the information about free Expansion Packs. I have a PSR S950 not suitable for those packs. I want to know if there are any way to have the Brazilian styles in the pack.  Regards

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361, Armand

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 04:19:08 PM »
Hi RagJose, Thanks for shear the information about free Expansion Packs. I have a PSR S950 not suitable for those packs. I want to know if there are any way to have the Brazilian styles in the pack.  Regards

Hi pmedina,

you can download the Styles of the S670 Brazilian Pack here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxpyhrl5uupxy0b/sty%20Brazilian_S670.zip?dl=0

I extracted these Styles from a .ppf version of this Pack. Maybe you have to tweak them a little (e.g. revoicing of certain Style Parts) when using on a S950.

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, motifes, juketsu, wersianer, Armand, balcino, gabrielschuck

RagJose

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 01:31:15 AM »

Sorry, but this was my first try with Expansion Packs and I don't feel I can help.  Hope overover's post and link are useful but don't know whether the Expansion Manager will do the job of processing S-670 data for installation into an S-950.  Please let us know if you succeed, as other colleagues may have similar situations.

Regards -- José

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

Offline pmedina

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 03:05:02 AM »
Hi OverOver, thanks a lot for your help. As soon I try it, I will inform you, hoping to have success. Best Regards

RagJose

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 01:29:36 AM »
Pmedina,

figured out how to extract the individual styles of the Brazilian pack after having them installed into the keyboard.  If you haven't succeeded yet, I can upload them to Google Drive along with the 3 Voices that came in the pack.  Please just let me know.

Offline alanclare

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 07:46:36 AM »
Pmedina,

figured out how to extract the individual styles of the Brazilian pack after having them installed into the keyboard.  If you haven't succeeded yet, I can upload them to Google Drive along with the 3 Voices that came in the pack.  Please just let me know.

Yes please. Thanks.

Alan

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 05:12:04 PM »
Pmedina,

Hi RagJose,
hi Pmedina,

I have the S670 Brazilian Pack (.ppf format), whose Styles I linked for download above, compared to the S970 Brazilian Pack (.cpf format):

The S670 ppf pack contains only 34 styles but no Voices, the S970 cpf pack (it shows up in YEM as "Brazilian_S770") contains 50 styles, 6 Normal Voices and 2 Drum Voices. (See also the attached picture.)

@RagJose
If you copy "Voices" from the Expansion folder: These are only "Voice Set" files (.vce), and they will only work if the original Expansion Pack is installed properly.

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 05:19:46 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

RagJose

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:52 AM »
Chris,

thanks again for your help so far, and I would be grateful for any additional light you can shed on this subject, as there are still some questions lurking around.

Pmedina, Alanclare,

the link below contains all the 50 individual Styles and 8 Voice files of the "S770" Brazilian Pack, zipped into a single file which you can download and unpack.  It's rather small, less than 1 MB.  From the "voice" files, 2 are ".liv", 2 ".lsf" (the Drum ones), 2 ".swv", 1 ".sfx" and 1 ".vce".  Except for this last one, I have no idea of what the acronyms stand for, but all 8 files are 713 bytes long.  Maybe Chris or other colleague can elaborate on that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P3FnS8JdzAvrYuQrfP5E3Npci2oP3h9E/view?usp=sharing

Since all "voices" were stored together with the pack Styles in the same keyboard folder, I would expect that, using Musicsoft Downloader, one could copy all to a named folder under User\Expansion in the target keyboard (of course, if it has the "Expansion" capability), bypassing the installation process, but I may be wrong.  If the target keyboard doesn't treat Expansions, at least the Styles could be stored as User ones.  In any case, some tweaking may be needed, as Chris pointed out before, if the keyboard doesn't have the original voices referred in the "voice" files.

I hope you succeed in putting these Styles to work and would be very interested in the outcomes, for my own education and for the sake of other members who may benefit from this.  Please let us know.

Cheers -- José

The following users thanked this post: thomas750, alanclare, wersianer, balcino

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 01:37:21 AM »
Hi pmedina,

you can download the Styles of the S670 Brazilian Pack here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxpyhrl5uupxy0b/sty%20Brazilian_S670.zip?dl=0

I extracted these Styles from a .ppf version of this Pack. Maybe you have to tweak them a little (e.g. revoicing of certain Style Parts) when using on a S950.

Best regards,
Chris
Hi Chris,
Could you share the PPF version so I can try to run this on tyros5? Maybe I can do revoicing here too with the voices of the pack.
Thanks!
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 07:09:34 AM »
Hi Chris,
Could you share the PPF version so I can try to run this on tyros5? Maybe I can do revoicing here too with the voices of the pack.
Thanks!

Hi Gabriel,

The S670 Brazil Pack (.ppf) is only a "Style Expansion", i.e. it only contains Styles, no Voices. So it is not needed to import the .ppf into your YEM and install this Pack on your Tyros5. Just download the Styles of this Pack (link is in my >>> Reply #2 above) and copy the unzipped styles on a USB stick. Use the styles directly from the stick or copy them to the Tyros5 hard disk if desired.

I also extracted the styles of some s650/750/950 Brazil Packs (former .yep format) for you. You can download these styles here:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/r322rrr0xjutoqo/sty%20from%20Brazil%20Packs%20s650_750_950.zip?dl=0

Have fun trying!

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: ticktock, thomas750