Author Topic: cpi pack  (Read 4099 times)

Offline thomas750

cpi pack
« on: July 19, 2020, 07:40:31 PM »
hi all
someone know how to extract styles from cpi file by ppi no problem when i extract from cpi no style
thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Offline EileenL

Re: cpi pack
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 11:11:49 PM »
Not all packs have styles.

Online LaHawk

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 12:25:56 AM »
hi all
someone know how to extract styles from cpi file by ppi no problem when i extract from cpi no style
thomas

Casper has made a video  in Spanish with clear English subtitles :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtXrQ1Ar_4
It may help
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

The following users thanked this post: thomas750

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 12:44:48 AM »
hi all
thomas

HI Thomas,

it is NOT possible to extract Styles from a .cpi or a .cpf file, because these are encrypted files. (From .ppf or .ppi files the contained Styles can be extracted using the "Style Extractor" or the "YEM-CE" (YEM Content Explorer) programs.)

The only way to have access to the Styles in a .cpi file is to install the .cpi (Pack Install) file on the Instrument first. Then you can SAVE the Styles (one by one) to a different location (outside the Expansion folder). On Genos or Tyros5 you can also use the USB Storage Mode to COPY the Styles to a different location (outside the Expansion folder).

Note: A .cpi file can only be installed on the keyboard model it was originally created for. And if a .cpi file containes .cpf Packs that are ID-encrypted to work on one particular keyboard only, that .cpi will not can be installed on any other Instrument, even if it is the same model.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:49:55 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: thomas750

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 12:54:57 AM »
Casper has made a video  in Spanish with clear English subtitles :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtXrQ1Ar_4
It may help

Hi Larry,

thanks for sharing my video. Yes, that’s the way to extract Style from Ppi. A small correction, I speak Croatian, is similar and hard as Spanish.

BTW. Chris is right. The method from the video only works for the PPI but not for the CPI file.
regards, ckobu
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:57:54 AM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline thomas750

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 11:37:54 AM »
thank you all for explanation of the packs

thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700