Author Topic: Next Yamaha Keyboard Wishlist / Suggestions  (Read 4844 times)

Offline Normanfernandez

Next Yamaha Keyboard Wishlist / Suggestions
« on: July 18, 2020, 09:17:34 PM »
Live Control Knobs is not being used well in my opinion, the current available are good, but we can still have a much better functionality.

( Midi CC messages like CC 11 and others could be included)
Kontakt Ideas
Kontakt is the best Engine in the PC World
Having some the basic Features could help the performance to sound very realistic and easier to make. Ability to Learn CC messages we can have the Live Control or Modulation Wheel controlling Multiple Messages.
Key switches, switching between patterns and Instruments could help play be much easier too.
( This might be too advanced, but stuff like Heavyocity In the Novo, Forzo series had a unique way to control the FX with just 1 Knob )
Kontakt calls this function the Animator, it's basically a arpeggiator. But they have a very advanced one compared to the keyboard preset )
Style Creator
Some of the Functions are good on the keyboard and don't require and modifications
But the ones that do are
Ability to activate all Tracks from the Keyboard
Better CASM editor
Ability to create custom patterns with better tools.
Adding CC messages after the notes have been recorded would be a massive step up.
Can be done on Step Edit. But it would be much easier to do a Modulation Wheel bend and record the CC messages in real time.

Improvement on Step Edit ( In General to Style Song and Multipad Creator )
Step edit is probably the most powerful tool in the creator section.
But the current setup Is time consuming,

Copy and Paste show be allowed from Style Song or Multipad to interconnect the 3

Removable Speakers ( Monitor Speakers)
By default the speakers sound good.
Having the same speakers in a separate case and the ability to attach it back onto the keyboard would bring a massive change
People might not have to buy separate monitor speakers.

Assignable Modulation Wheel
As mentioned above , Kontakt functions like learning could make it a much more useful Modulation Wheel.

Two Line inputs ( with XLR )
Stereo Support and 48v Phantom power like the one on Genos was a good move

Other Software Support.
Support for Android users
Stuff like Mix Master and Jørgen
Could be on the keyboard.
Yamaha Expansion Manager update.

All of suggestions were based on my experience with Yamaha PSR S 770
And a friend who has the T5 also by watching some of the Genos videos

More will be added.
And please feel free to correct anything or if you want to add
Regards Norman!
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline Toril S

Re: Next Yamaha Keyboard Wishlist / Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 10:02:31 PM »
A tiltable screen on all models!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 05:15:08 AM »

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 07:00:25 PM »
I have a suggestion. Since the touch screen is useful for most, but not for all, there should be a way to have a part that flips up to reveal buttons, which can be used to do various tasks, such as finding voice categories, playing voice demos, or really anything you can do on the touch screen. It would be like a combination of the old and new way.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 10:32:03 PM »
I have had many of the mid range series  PRS and Tyros 5, now playing on PSR SX900 which for me is fabulous.

My wish list is really easy to do and short. I WISH they'd put the styles in alphabetical order under the categories. (wish they had not changed categories eliminating Country, etc. ) I have been told that styles appear in the order they were created newest to oldest, but, for me,  it makes far more sense to do it alphabetically.

#2 (and am sure this could be done easily with a software update) Have an A-Z sort of index on the side of the music finder/ registrations. Mine are all listed alphabetically, but it takes longer than I'd like to roll thru, top to bottom, or bottom to top, thru hundreds. Would be so nice to press the letter on the right side (the way that ForScore has done it) to at least get very close in the neighborhood of the Registration or song to be selected.

That's my wish. Love this keyboard more every day. Love this forum more every day too.
Best,
John

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 05:45:08 AM »
Live Control Knobs is not being used well in my opinion, the current available are good, but we can still have a much better functionality.

( Midi CC messages like CC 11 and others could be included)
Kontakt Ideas
Kontakt is the best Engine in the PC World
Having some the basic Features could help the performance to sound very realistic and easier to make. Ability to Learn CC messages we can have the Live Control or Modulation Wheel controlling Multiple Messages.
Key switches, switching between patterns and Instruments could help play be much easier too.
( This might be too advanced, but stuff like Heavyocity In the Novo, Forzo series had a unique way to control the FX with just 1 Knob )
Kontakt calls this function the Animator, it's basically a arpeggiator. But they have a very advanced one compared to the keyboard preset )
Style Creator
Some of the Functions are good on the keyboard and don't require and modifications
But the ones that do are
Ability to activate all Tracks from the Keyboard
Better CASM editor
Ability to create custom patterns with better tools.
Adding CC messages after the notes have been recorded would be a massive step up.
Can be done on Step Edit. But it would be much easier to do a Modulation Wheel bend and record the CC messages in real time.

Improvement on Step Edit ( In General to Style Song and Multipad Creator )
Step edit is probably the most powerful tool in the creator section.
But the current setup Is time consuming,

Copy and Paste show be allowed from Style Song or Multipad to interconnect the 3

Removable Speakers ( Monitor Speakers)
By default the speakers sound good.
Having the same speakers in a separate case and the ability to attach it back onto the keyboard would bring a massive change
People might not have to buy separate monitor speakers.

Assignable Modulation Wheel
As mentioned above , Kontakt functions like learning could make it a much more useful Modulation Wheel.

Two Line inputs ( with XLR )
Stereo Support and 48v Phantom power like the one on Genos was a good move

Other Software Support.
Support for Android users
Stuff like Mix Master and Jørgen
Could be on the keyboard.
Yamaha Expansion Manager update.

All of suggestions were based on my experience with Yamaha PSR S 770
And a friend who has the T5 also by watching some of the Genos videos

More will be added.
And please feel free to correct anything or if you want to add
Regards Norman!

i,m not telling about voice playing key,s
i,m telling about push buttons. styles operating and other all buttons quality is in psr sx 900 was rubbered. but  in psr s 670 it's very good quality not like sx900.. its made by plastic
So next sx model buttons should make good quality and in display memory bank place should come to right side and it should be little more space to touch now it was left upper side small to touch only with  finger tipp, also same problem for midi and audio to tuch space was less.. to be noted what i,m telling about it.
To touch need easy way.. touch screen is good
clifford leo dsouza sx 900 user..
i installed 11 expansion packs created in yep. soft.. nicely
cliffordleo