Author Topic: freeplay on sx900  (Read 1884 times)

Offline anon125

freeplay on sx900
« on: July 18, 2020, 01:09:39 AM »
I know some kind member put a list of sx900 freeplay styles on the forum but i have not found them.
ALSO Generaly i would like the right melody to be louder than the acmp.
how do i do that?
thanks
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:12:35 AM by anon125 »

Offline overover

Re: freeplay on sx900
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 02:51:02 AM »
I know some kind member put a list of sx900 freeplay styles on the forum but i have not found them.
ALSO Generaly i would like the right melody to be louder than the acmp.
how do i do that?

Hi Anon,

the SX900 contains the following 6 Free Play Styles:

Category WORLD (1)
   • BrassBand

Category MOVIE&SHOW (5)
   • EtherealMovie
   • EtherealVoices
   • MovieHorns
   • OnBroadway
   • OrganHymn

When playing with the OTS (One Touch Settings) of the Preset Styles and you want to have the Melody louder, just decrease the Style Volume (in the Mixer). (The OTS will NOT affect the global Style Volume.)

Of course you can also use the Registration Memory. Almost ALL settings can be saved in Registrations, but only a few settings can be saved in OTS.

Details on this ("what you can save where") can be found in the SX900 DATA LIST (in the section "Parameter Chart").

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

blackpool

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 10:02:32 AM »
Hi ... I think Chris gave you your answer Anon

just to add ...Another simple thing I do is ... Set one of your live control knobs to 'balance' and remember to open and set the balance setting ( at the bottom of this screen in a box ) to the items you wish to control within this function ie. voices etc. that is a simple solution for instant adjustment on the fly.

I often time use standard styles and mute or reduce the drum and percuss. tracks ....in some cases this provides a really good 'home made' freestyle

Keith 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 12:59:39 PM by blackpool »

blackpool

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 01:14:37 PM »
Another option when using LIVE CONTROLS for muting style tracks to provide a more 'freeplay style' or maybe just calm a busy style down, is to use the assignable option called -  'style track mute'   There is an A and a B option you will notice. They are basically the same really A and B, taking drums and percuss. out, but notice A mutes from one side of the available tracks whilst B works the opposite way, which is VERY handy.

It is a VERY easy option, which suits me just fine and can be really fun to explore and hear the styles change completely with a simple twist of the control.

Thanks to someone here recently ...I now have 'style track mute A and B' set up as 2 of the functions using one of the 3 available button options of pairs on my SX all the time.

This video ( posted before ) demonstrates how this works on genos and just the same way on the SX models
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvf57O5E7ig

Keith 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:26:37 PM by blackpool »

Offline anon125

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 07:38:39 PM »
thank you every one