Author Topic: Sx900 hidden things but not too much.  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Aquilauno

Sx900 hidden things but not too much.
« on: July 17, 2020, 11:47:00 PM »
 :)
I'm sorry for the naivete. Playing with the SX900 I came across two things that are not well specified in the manual, or at least, I have not found.
The first: by clicking four times on the tap / tempo button, you can set the tempo on the fly, this varies in relation with the cadence speed of the four consecutive presses. As a result, if you mentally sing the melody and follow the rhythm, the sx900, automatically, will set the perfect "time" of style.
The second: if you press endin II or III, twice in succession, the endig will be performed with the progressive slowing down of time.
This things many of you already know it ... but I was particularly impressed by these "hidden, but not too much" functions ... Is there any other "hot water" (...lol)  that should I find out?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:51:32 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline ckobu

Re: Sx900 hidden things but not too much.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 11:58:18 PM »
Watch the video, maybe there's something else you didn't know until now.

https://youtu.be/MR5Bi_AHyVM
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 07:26:30 AM »
thanks ckobo... very interesting.  :)

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 08:14:51 AM »
Acquilauno - yes, these and many other features have been on all Yamaha arrangers for many years. Many other little tricks include ways to keep the same tempo when you change styles  the fly, how to stop all the style instruments except drums, setting pedals to perform functions etc. Most of them are buried somewhere in the manual.

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno