Author Topic: Reset voice button?  (Read 1581 times)

Offline anon125

Reset voice button?
« on: July 19, 2020, 10:18:47 PM »
so i select a style. change the left and right voices. play a tune.
when i select another style it helpfully remembers my previous voice selection.
is there a reset button or a tap and hold, to get to the preset voices for styles?
we dont want to keep switching the power on and off to reset it!
thanks
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:45:38 PM by anon125 »

Offline Toril S

Re: Reset voice button?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 11:26:53 PM »
Hello anon :) Use OTS (One Touch Setting). There are four different settings for each style. To enable OTS you must press the OTS Link button. Yamaha has selected voices that suits every style, but if you do not agree with the preset OTS, you can make a new one and save the style as a user style.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline anon125

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 11:51:15 PM »
Thanks. OTS did it. when we change the voice and go to another style it has its default voices.
thanks

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:53:02 AM »
There is another way too.  You can create a registration bank with up to 8 Voice settings for R1, R2, and R3.

1. Select a style from a USB stick (important) for the registrations, now select your desired OTS and save reg #1.  Do this for all 8 reg buttons.

2. now... DELETE the style from the USB drive you saved in each registration button.

3. SAVE the registration bank with a name that makes sense to you.

The result will be you can now select any style and use the OTS in each of the 8 Registration buttons on-the-fly.  The current style you have loaded will not change because... the registration(s) will not be able to find the style saved when you created the registrations (because you delete it)

Works like a charm

:)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 01:54:03 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline anon125

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 06:04:55 AM »
Wow thanks

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 04:39:13 PM »
If you want a style free bank just remove the ticks from the memory of Style and tempo Save your bank and you have the same thing.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 05:26:55 PM »
If you want a style free bank just remove the ticks from the memory of Style and tempo Save your bank and you have the same thing.

The problem is the style group includes the left voice. If you want the left voice saved, you need to check Style on memorization.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline anon125

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »
sooooooo much to learn!
thanks