Author Topic: Tyros 5 not recognizing FL1024m  (Read 2246 times)

Gani679

Tyros 5 not recognizing FL1024m
« on: July 17, 2020, 03:05:34 AM »
I installed a brand new Yamaha Flash Memory FL1024m  on  Tyros5 but for some reason , the Keyboard did not pick up the expansion module. I am not able to see the expansion  module on Tyros 5 or the expansion manager app. Firmware Version  of Tyros5 is    V 1.13.

Can you please advise if I am missing a step or/ and if there is some else that I need to do . 

Offline overover

Re: Tyros 5 not recognizing FL1024m
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 03:48:03 AM »
Hi Gani,

directly on the Tyros5 it is NOT possible to display the size of an installed Expansion Flash Memory module or to check that an installed module is working properly.

Please follow these steps:

1. Install the module, then power on the T5.

2. Connect a USB memory stick to the T5.

3. Go to "Function > Utility > tab Owner" and press "E" button to export your Instrument Info file (.n27) to the USB stick. (This file contains the size of the installed Expansion Memory.)

4. Power on your computer and connect the USB stick to it.

5. Start the Yamaha Expansion Manager app (YEM).

6. IF you have a previous "TYROS5" Install Target in the YEM (e.g. if you had a 512MB Expansion Memory module before), DELETE this OLD Install Target now.

7. Import the NEW Instrument Info file into the YEM from the USB stick.

8. Click on the NEW Install Target "TYROS5". On the top of the YEM window you should see the Voice Wave Size  "0 / 1023 MB" now. (See also the attached picture.)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 04:12:54 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, John UK

Gani679

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 09:25:25 AM »
Hi Chris,
I followed your instruction and everything works fine now .  I really appreciate your help. Thank you .
Regards

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 10:38:48 AM »
Hi Chris,
I followed your instruction and everything works fine now .  I really appreciate your help. Thank you .
Regards

Hi Gani,

thank you for your quick feedback!

I'm glad to could help you! :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)