Author Topic: Musicsoft Free Expansion Packs Tyros 4  (Read 728 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Musicsoft Free Expansion Packs Tyros 4
« on: July 16, 2020, 01:22:53 PM »
Has any Tyros 4 owners here downloaded the now free premium packs from Musicsoft ?

Which of the packs have tyros 4 versions ?

Offline EileenL

Re: Musicsoft Free Expansion Packs Tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 10:39:20 PM »
When on the Music soft sit enter the keyboard you have and it will tell you if there are any for your keyboard.

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 10:48:50 PM »
I have been in communication with Musicsoft today and they are looking into making the Tyros 4 packs available. They say they will update me when information becomes available.

The following users thanked this post: Jan Kimer, abr, justme

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 01:24:25 PM »
Any news about this?
In the MusicSoft site there are no packs for the T4... not even ones that you can pay for...
Maybe they consider the support for the T4 is over due to being "obsolete"...

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 02:37:41 PM »
Tyros 4 used a completely different system of voices to the currant day voice packs. I would be very surprised if they produced any for this keyboard now.

Online ckobu

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 03:07:59 PM »
Any news about this?
In the MusicSoft site there are no packs for the T4... not even ones that you can pay for...
Maybe they consider the support for the T4 is over due to being "obsolete"...

I downloaded all the free content from Musicsoft, for all keyboards. It also contains Tyros 3, 4 and 5 Packages in *.sme format. Try downloading in order and you will find what interests you.
Watch my video channel

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 03:22:15 PM »
I downloaded all the free content from Musicsoft, for all keyboards. It also contains Tyros 3, 4 and 5 Packages in *.sme format. Try downloading in order and you will find what interests you.

Hi ckobu,

the .sme format is NO official format that users can use to load/install an Expansion Pack. Obviously this .sme format is an INTERNAL Yamaha format, and these .sme files were only accidentally posted publicly by Yamaha.

For example, Tyros4 uses the ".YP2" format for Expansion Packs (Premium Packs). (You get a FOLDER which has the "extension" .YP2 in the folder name.)

P.S.
On Tyros 3 and 4, you can also load single Expansion Voices (.uvn/.uvd format). (For Tyros2 these are .tvn/.tvd.)

Many of these Voices can be found on the internet and downloaded free of charge.

Best regards,
Chris
Everyone always said: This is not possible! - Then someone came and ... just did it!

Online ckobu

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 05:20:55 PM »
You are probably right. In each package I downloaded from Musicsoft there is a YP2 folder, as in the original package I got with my Tyros4. I thought that was okay.
Watch my video channel

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 06:09:02 PM »
Tyros 4 used a completely different system of voices to the currant day voice packs. I would be very surprised if they produced any for this keyboard now.

I don't want them to produce anything for the T4. I just would like them to make the old existing expansion packs available in the musicsoft site.