Author Topic: Musicsoft Free Expansion Packs Tyros 4  (Read 12260 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Musicsoft Free Expansion Packs Tyros 4
« on: July 16, 2020, 01:22:53 PM »
Has any Tyros 4 owners here downloaded the now free premium packs from Musicsoft ?

Which of the packs have tyros 4 versions ?

Offline EileenL

Re: Musicsoft Free Expansion Packs Tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 10:39:20 PM »
When on the Music soft sit enter the keyboard you have and it will tell you if there are any for your keyboard.

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 10:48:50 PM »
I have been in communication with Musicsoft today and they are looking into making the Tyros 4 packs available. They say they will update me when information becomes available.

The following users thanked this post: Jan Kimer, abr, justme

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 01:24:25 PM »
Any news about this?
In the MusicSoft site there are no packs for the T4... not even ones that you can pay for...
Maybe they consider the support for the T4 is over due to being "obsolete"...

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 02:37:41 PM »
Tyros 4 used a completely different system of voices to the currant day voice packs. I would be very surprised if they produced any for this keyboard now.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 03:07:59 PM »
Any news about this?
In the MusicSoft site there are no packs for the T4... not even ones that you can pay for...
Maybe they consider the support for the T4 is over due to being "obsolete"...

I downloaded all the free content from Musicsoft, for all keyboards. It also contains Tyros 3, 4 and 5 Packages in *.sme format. Try downloading in order and you will find what interests you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 03:22:15 PM »
I downloaded all the free content from Musicsoft, for all keyboards. It also contains Tyros 3, 4 and 5 Packages in *.sme format. Try downloading in order and you will find what interests you.

Hi ckobu,

the .sme format is NO official format that users can use to load/install an Expansion Pack. Obviously this .sme format is an INTERNAL Yamaha format, and these .sme files were only accidentally posted publicly by Yamaha.

For example, Tyros4 uses the ".YP2" format for Expansion Packs (Premium Packs). (You get a FOLDER which has the "extension" .YP2 in the folder name.)

P.S.
On Tyros 3 and 4, you can also load single Expansion Voices (.uvn/.uvd format). (For Tyros2 these are .tvn/.tvd.)

Many of these Voices can be found on the internet and downloaded free of charge.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ckobu

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 05:20:55 PM »
You are probably right. In each package I downloaded from Musicsoft there is a YP2 folder, as in the original package I got with my Tyros4. I thought that was okay.

Watch my video channel

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 06:09:02 PM »
Tyros 4 used a completely different system of voices to the currant day voice packs. I would be very surprised if they produced any for this keyboard now.

I don't want them to produce anything for the T4. I just would like them to make the old existing expansion packs available in the musicsoft site.

Offline Arnak

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 04:00:02 PM »
Hi,

I completely agree with the OP, why wouldn't Yamaha make the old packs available at a reduced price for the older model keyboards?

Not everyone can afford to upgrade to a tyros 5 or a Genos.

Then what about the players who buy the second-hand keyboards shouldn't they be able to expand their instrument as surely the old software is still available somewhere.

Then they could make some sales!

Martin

Offline Arnak

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 04:15:34 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to get into the Musicsoft site to find voices for my T4 but do not seem to able to find any.8-((

There does not seem to be any filters for the T4 or am I on the wrong site?

Has anyone got the url for the correct site please?

Thanks,

Martin

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 10:10:11 PM »
You are probably right. In each package I downloaded from Musicsoft there is a YP2 folder, as in the original package I got with my Tyros4. I thought that was okay.

Excuse me, Can you share the Tyros4 version of the saxophone packs?

Offline ckobu

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 10:16:37 PM »
Try to install it. If you succeed, I have a couple more packs for Ty4.
https://app.box.com/s/3n5s9uknap9xazk4xx42m8840z63ykxj
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 10:22:18 PM »
Try to install it. If you succeed, I have a couple more packs for Ty4.
https://app.box.com/s/3n5s9uknap9xazk4xx42m8840z63ykxj

Thank you very much! Do you have the alto sax pack?

Offline ckobu

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »
No, I only have this. The last number is for Ty 3, 4 or 5.

Watch my video channel

Offline Arnak

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 10:29:08 PM »
Hi Ckobu,

I see that the tenor Sax file is only 1kb, aren't voice files normally a lot bigger than that?

Also there are some SME files, don't they respond to a Samsung phone backup?

Martin
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:31:07 PM by Arnak »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 10:34:03 PM »
It’s not a sample size, it’s just information.
I downloaded these sounds along with Free Packages for Genos. I don’t really know if it will be able to be installed in Ty 3, 4 or 5 because the format is not the same.
If @rodrigo succeeds in installing, I will post links for the others you see in the image as well.
Watch my video channel

Offline Arnak

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 10:48:25 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the update.8-))

I have just tried loading the Sax VLI file and I get the message some files cannot be loaded.

So for me, it does not seem to work regretfully.

I can try the others if you like?

Martin
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:55:20 PM by Arnak »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 11:07:38 PM »
I doubt others will work because they have the same structure as the sax I sent.
Here's another PanFlute to test.
https://app.box.com/s/81g8sashc3shq0zvh01pnfubsw7txdao
Watch my video channel

Offline Arnak

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2020, 12:19:54 AM »
Hi,

OK, I have tested the pan flute with the same result.8-((

Having a look around the net I found that Yamaha has royally screwed up the Musicsoft site, the sme files are something to do with a packed file mainly used in the USA.

In July they sent out an apology to all users because the site was in a mess and that it would be put right in a couple of weeks....

Well we are now in October and the sites are still no good, could be down to Covid so we'll have to wait and see as they did promise free packs for older instruments.

Perhaps they will get it all sortedout for Christmas?

Martin

Offline EileenL

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2020, 12:59:14 PM »
Music Soft have not released any packs for Tyros 4  as the system we use now has changed and we have to use the Yamaha Expansion Manager. YEM for short to load our packs into our keyboard. Also the packs have a different format. I doubt they will do them for Tyros 4.

Offline Arnak

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2020, 02:33:12 PM »
Hi Eileen,

Yes, you are quite right, the new packs are designed for YEM.

The confusion has arisen as far as I can see because on the Musicsoft site the free packs are listed for Genos/tyros 5 but in the detail, they are also listed for the tyros 4!

I have ordered the packs but am unable to download them because the site is in such a disarray that the email I received has them shown for possible shipping with no mention of being able to download them.....

If I can eventually download them then I suspect I will find that they are in the wrong format for the T4.

Clrealy they have not yet been able to sort out the mess they created with the new Musicsoft web pages.

However, they did state that the free packs would be available for the T4 back in July but that has not turned out to be true as yet.

They do not need to change the the old packs just make them available as they were originally.

I assume that they still have them in their original format somewhere?

At least I hope so. 8)

** Update **

I found the downloads in My Library and was able to download them with no trouble.

As expected they are all for the T5 so not suitable for my T4. :'(

I will attempt to contact support and ask when they will be made available as promised for the T4 and let you know if they ever reply which I doubt. :-\

Martin

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:51:50 PM by Arnak »

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2020, 05:03:25 PM »
I got this email from  Musicsoft when asked for the T4 packs:

"Thank you for contacting Yamaha MusicSoft.

Unfortunately we are not currently offering premium packs for Tyros 4 and the downloads are not available.  Our team is researching if we'll be able to continue offering Tyros 4 premium packs in the future.  We've noted your email address and will contact you when we receive any news about the availability of Tyros 4 packs.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance."

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 09:18:53 PM »
Well... I don't have my Tyros4 registered in Yamaha Musicsoft... does this mean I can't register it from now on? I just can't find the place to do that...