Author Topic: SX900, doubts about the pre-installed Africa package.  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Aquilauno

SX900, doubts about the pre-installed Africa package.
« on: July 15, 2020, 08:31:00 PM »
Hi everyone, a few days ago I noticed an oddity in the Africa pack pre installed in SX900. The first three styles (01, 02 and 03 in the photo) have OTS configured with different voices, as I would have expected correctly. From 4th to 10th, the relative OTS are all the same, that is, the voice of the right hand, and the three voices of the left hand are all (ALL) set on the "Grandpiano".
Is it my problem or is this also is to you? It is not strange?
Being a .cpf package I was unable to create a new package by correcting the OTS. The only thing I have been able to do is to save the "anomalous" 7 styles from Keyboard in USB1 and then later correct the problem manually on the PC with OTS Editor.
But what I really want is to fix the pack directly, it seems strange to me that the OTS are set up like this, from factory. What do you think?
I have already tried to download the pack again and to reinstall it on the SX900 but nothing has changed (other oddity... possible that no extra voices for the Africa pack?
just out of curiosity and to understand if there is a way to fix the OTS
Thank you and good music as always

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 08:36:09 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline EileenL

Re: SX900, doubts about the pre-installed Africa package.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 10:46:23 PM »
There are no actual voices in the pack. Just styles.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »
Hi Eileen ... Thanks you , and is normal the "grand piano" for all three voices DX? ... not is strange?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 11:14:55 PM »
That is normal. Grand piano is the default voice. You can change OTS on the keyboard.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 11:30:15 PM »
Doesn't it look like a mistake though?

Grand piano is the default voice, but usually it happens on style OTS because the OTS is using a voice that's not available on the eyboard. Is it then possible that the style OTS were wrongly set up, so that they don't work? Only way to find out would be to analyse the style file, and see what MSB/LSB/Program were used.
Genos

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 08:25:01 AM »
Derek, I think you are spot on.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 09:25:45 AM »
Yes guys is what I initially thought ... but does it make sense three out of three grand piano? I don't think so that's why I asked if other SX owners have the same situation ...;)
Anyway, it was just curiosity ... I won't tear my hair (... which I don't have lol) for this ... ;)

So the only solution is to correct the OTS every time, which will return as before when the style is loaded again (from the expansion pack ...) there are no solutions ... (apart from uploading styles from USB memory ...)

Thanks guys !!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 10:20:25 AM by Aquilauno »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 10:29:20 AM »
You can save a copy of the style though with your updated OTS to User / USB. I don't think there's a way to update the copy in the Expansion folder.
Genos

Offline johan

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 12:11:59 PM »
In YEM, you can make your own pack ("create pack" in My Packs) and add your adapted styles in this pack. You can also add registrations in your pack. Then select both African and your own pack when making the pack install file. In the African pack, you can at that moment unselect the included original styles so that you don't have them twice. The styles will be on your keyboard under extension in your own pack and not in African pack but at least they are included in the same PPF file.

If you start from a PPF file, you can even replace the styles in the pack itself (so no need to make your own pack in this case) but since African pack is a CPF, YEM will not allow to add anything in the pack itself and you need to create an own pack as described.

All this works on a SX700 so I guess it will work with other keyboards as well.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »
Thanks jahan I will do it.. :)