Author Topic: Search Options  (Read 1187 times)

blackpool

Search Options
« on: July 12, 2020, 12:51:08 PM »
Given 'Search' as a feature has been cropping up of late in posts ....
I thought it might be good to ask for feedback on members own use of this often time underused function and we could maybe discuss any tips and tricks which have been found.

I use it a LOT and do like to try various permutations of what i am looking for, often time just using part of a word or term to get better results.

I really like the fact it brings up 'legacy' in the results so you can compare all your pre-set, user and USB  options and it finds ALL results available.
Ie...search 'trumpet' and it just does not just look at 'brass' but all voice options.
It is also very handy in mulipads.

I also like the idea it is individual for each screen ...ie registration ....style.... multi pad.... voice ...etc.
Although I would like to see the limit of 100 on results increased... ie search 'organ' on voice and it exceeds the limit ...

I have noticed is important to 'ok' the result you use FIRST BEFORE saving to registration or it simply saves  the style/voice which you were previously using, which can be quite annoying..

Any feedback on this subject....i for one would be MOST interested in .

Thanks Keith
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 06:47:36 PM by blackpool »

TechiGeoff

Re: Search Options
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 02:42:32 PM »
I also like the search facility except when in the playlist list view. You search for a song and it brings the different results, you pick one and the only options you get are "Select all", "Add to Playlist" or Cancel and seeing as it is already in the playlist there is no point. It's either scroll through the list using the wheel and then picking it twice or going back to the root (press reg - & + together and up arrows etc) to get what you want. Doesn't seem to be a lot of point in the list view unless I am doing something wrong, which is highly possible. All the tutorials I have seen have just scrolled down to a song and then selected it. Never seen somebody search in list view.
If somebody can explain.
Geoff

blackpool

Re: Search Options
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 03:08:18 PM »
Hi Geoff - i keep my playlists short really so just wheel through ...I never have the need to use search in that screen.
regarding that ....it would work in registrations for you as a playlist entry has to have a registration to read data from.

Voice search is just great ....I do like the way it will find 'all' voices, searching options collectively in all - user/preset/usb/ legacy/ expansion folders ...that saves a lot of work for me. I also like using it for multi pad options.

thanks for your feedback

keith