Author Topic: StudioLogic MP117  (Read 3347 times)

Offline meyrick

StudioLogic MP117
« on: July 10, 2020, 12:52:31 PM »
Have just purchased a StudioLogic MP117 , It appears to be incompatible with my Tyros 4. It only has one MIDI OUT socket, so can only fit to the Tyros either via the 'A' MIDI IN, or 'B MIDI IN. I can get no response either way. Does anyone have any idea as to what may be wrong. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Offline Arnak

Re: StudioLogic MP117
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 03:39:03 PM »
Hi,

I'm not a tyros expert but could it be that the tyros need to be set to a certain channel to receive the input from the other keyboard?

Or does the other keyboard need to be set to a certain channel?

Check the manuals for both keyboards and see if that gives any ideas.

Have a look here, it mentions pedals and a second keyboard:-

https://www.yamaha-club.net/archive/TyrosOrgan_Tyros1.pdf

Martin
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:51:37 PM by Arnak »

Offline meyrick

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 05:49:55 AM »
Hi Martin. Thanks for your reply, sorry its taken so long to answer.  Have tried the info you sent in the link but no joy. However, I have since received an email from StudioLogic, in which they confirm there is an incompatibility issue with both Tyros 3 and 4 re the MP113/117. I am awaiting contact from Yamaha via the seller and will reply with any info they give.
I appreciate your help
Best regards
Graham Meyrick

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »
Have just purchased a StudioLogic MP117 , It appears to be incompatible with my Tyros 4. It only has one MIDI OUT socket, so can only fit to the Tyros either via the 'A' MIDI IN, or 'B MIDI IN. I can get no response either way. Does anyone have any idea as to what may be wrong. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Hi meyrick,

one MIDI OUT socket on the MP-117 Bass Pedal is sufficient. Such a MIDI device usually sends (transmits) on one MIDI Channel only.

Tyros models have two MIDI IN sockets (A and B) to be able to address both internal MIDI Ports (1 and 2) at the same time. An external MIDI keyboard (like the MP-117 in your case) is only ever connected to ONE MIDI IN.

If you have selected the Preset MIDI Template "All Parts" on the Tyros4, MIDI A IN will control the internal SONG Parts. In contrast, MIDI B IN is used to control e.g. the internal Keyboard Parts or for Chord input to control the automatic accompaniment.

What exactly are you trying to do with the MP-117? Do you want to play a certain Keyboard Part (e.g. "Left" or "Right 3") LIVE with it? Or maybe you want to control the automatic accompaniment (ACMP) of the Tyros4 with the MP-117?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:13:02 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Janus

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 12:06:43 PM »
Go to function/midi
You find midi setups try pedal 1 or 2
Or make a setup
Push edit go to recieve, play on your pedal the recieve channel lite up
perhaps you can set the pedal on a channel you wish on the mp117
use this channel for your pedal
exit and save with the name my pedal setup

Gr.Jan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 03:40:23 PM by Janus »