Author Topic: SX700 Registrations  (Read 1595 times)

Offline kali291

SX700 Registrations
« on: July 09, 2020, 02:10:42 PM »
I am a new owner and not yet familiar with either the keyboard or the systems they use. Does anyone know of a source for song specific registrations for this keyboard? I can find quite a bit for the SX900, but nothing for the SX700. I am aware that registrations are keyboard specific, but I would also ask that, if I bought SX900 registrations, would it be possible to use the Yamaha Registration Manager to convert these to run on the SX700, or is that hoping for too much? Any advice would be really appreciated thanks.
was PRS-E453
then PRS SX700
now PRS SX900

blackpool

Re: SX700 Registrations
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 03:21:41 PM »
Hi Kail ....congrats. on your choice of keyboard, sure you will enjoy.

Regarding song specific registrations ...if you check out this recent thread

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,56042.0.html

I explained to Jos'e the process of converting Music finder files to Playlist ....which at the same time provide a registration bank for each song   ...There is a video which might help within the thread

Only one button in each registration bank is used with this method, so you can edit and resave your own choices to all the other 7 buttons. Really only the style, tempo and OTS are set up for you for the song title.

Regarding your second Question....
I use many 900 registration on the 700 and they work fine. There just maybe the need to add some of the missing styles and voices, ( the 700 does not have ALL the voices/styles of the 900 ) You can load any missing ones to your user drive of your own choice and they should work ok.

Keith
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:34:39 PM by blackpool »

The following users thanked this post: kali291

Offline EileenL

Re: SX700 Registrations
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
We all have our own idea of what voices we want to set in a registration bank for certain songs. A good way to start a registration bank is to just listen to some of the OTS settings and if you like them save to your own registration bank. Making your own will give you what you want and not one someone else  thinks you may want.