Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

How do you use the live controlls?

(1/5) > >>

Bachus:
Just out of interest, how do you use the live controlls?

Espescially, the sliders and knobs?

Personally, i tend to use the knobs mostly for quickly edditing sounds in preperation of a performance..  sometimes, for real time using a filter cutoff.. but if the performance requires that, i prefer using the pedals for this..  also the function to quckly switch of and on. Style parts trough a knob works well for me

Sliders, i use more live, for adjusting part volume on the fly.. and for drawbars..

After 2 years of the Genos, i think the new live controlls are a huge step forward..

Fred Smith:
I’ll be interested in the replies, Bachus.

My answer is simple: I don’t. But I’ll be interested to know what I’ve been missing.

Cheers,
Fred

KeyboardByBiggs:
It's fun to assign the style complexity to a knob. There are two choices; start with everything or start with nothing, and then dial in the backup on the fly.

DerekA:
Apart from style retrigger/part on-off and arp control there's not much you can't do in another way. But I find it very helpful to assign functions that I use a lot. It's all about customising how you personally want it, there's no right or wrong.

I have one slider set assigned to give reverb depth L/R1/R2/R3 on the first 4 sliders, and volume L/R1/R2/R3 on the second 4.

Then I use another slider set for the style part volume mixing, I find it easier than calling up the mixer on screen.

I use one of the knobs for modulation depth. I'm not a fan of using the joystick + mod hold button. The knob stays where I put it :)

Pino:
In a live playing situation isn’t saving everything to REGISTRATIONS the way to go and using the pedal Registration sequence is a real bonus.
If the 8 or 10 slots is not enough it can automatically call up the next bank.

Pino

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version