Author Topic: CVP809 Demo and Jurassic Park  (Read 9476 times)

Offline Kenneve

CVP809 Demo and Jurassic Park
« on: July 04, 2020, 08:01:00 PM »
Hi Guys

I have just been watching a U-Tube demo of the CVP809 by Peter Hawkins of Lacefield Music, St Louis, in which he plays the Theme from Jurassic Park, using the guide light facility.
I don't know whether this song is included as part of the CVP809 style list, certainly I can't find it on my CVP805.
I think this would be a very good introduction for any newcomers, as to the extraordinary capabilities of this instrument and wonder whether anyone can let me know how it's done and whether its possible to download this style?
Many thanks in advance.

Just found another demo video from Peter, almost the exact same demo, but this time on the CVP805, finishing off with the same Jurassic Park demo.
So obviously this song is an addition to the standard list of styles and hopefully someone will be able to help with a copy.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:23:24 AM by Kenneve »

Offline Kenneve

Re: CVP809 Demo and Jurassic Park
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »
Further to my previous post, I did in fact e-mail Peter directly at Lacefield Music, some weeks ago, but unfortunately I have not had the courtesy of any reply.
I did expect to get some response, if only to say my request was not possible, perhaps for copyright reasons or whatever.
I realise that i'm located the wrong side of the pond, (UK)  but not exactly good salesmanship?

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 04:33:59 PM »
The 'Follow Lights' Guide function demonstrated in the video works with MIDI songs, not styles!

According to the 809/805 Owner's Manual both models contain '50 Classics + 303 Lesson Songs + 50 Popular' built in Preset MIDI songs, but I can't see anything in the table of Songs in the Data List that might be the Jurassic Park theme.

He might have recorded the MIDI song that he is using for the demo from a style originally I suppose, but I doubt it.

If you really want the song, try searching the internet. for a MIDI.

Regards

Ian

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 04:53:53 PM »
Do other keyboards have this follow light function?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Online Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 05:25:57 PM »
Kenneve. I have searched YouTube for Peter Barrtmans Jurasic Park CVP809...nothing shows with Peter.
Can you supply a link...Please
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:28:04 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 07:30:29 PM »
Hi Graham

The video is by Peter Hawkins of Lacefield Music, St Louis, Not Peter Baartmans
In the video below he is playing the CVP805 and the Jurassic Park tune is the last item.

https://youtu.be/loOCS0QhUug

Online Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 07:54:36 PM »
Kenneve. Video link appreciated.
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: Richard001

Online EileenL

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 01:34:03 PM »
It appears that he is playing along to a backing track.

Online Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 05:03:04 PM »
Anyone have a simple Jurassic Park lead sheet with chords please ?.

I normally make lead sheets from midi files but Jurassic Park midi's are not so easy.

Romantic Movie sty fits very well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:40:12 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2020, 08:15:20 AM »
Hi Graham

In the Movie Fake Book 2nd edition that Roger posted in the digital fake books, the dots/chords are on page 241.
I am unable to send you a PDF,, so perhaps somebody can link on to that page and get it for you.
Also , i use the horn free play in the movie section for the style.. works well.

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Online Graham UK

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2020, 08:27:41 AM »
elaine. Thank you...I'm now sorted.
DGX670

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 04:36:27 PM »
I've been thinking about what EileenL says, about playing along to a backing track.

Is it possible for such a track to be played using the Guide Light facility, whereby the track waits for the keys to be pressed?
It seems as though pressing a single key, changes the chord backing to suit.

Devilish clever, these Japanese!!

Maybe a member can explain how this is done?

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 08:28:46 AM »
Hi Graham
I wonder if it’s  possible for you to send me a copy of your Jurassic Park score.
I don’t have access to the Movie Fake Book, but would appreciate a copy of this score.
Many thanks in anticipation ,
Regards  Ken.

King ding3ling

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 12:52:28 PM »
Hi All,
I'm sitting in the same situation.
https://youtu.be/F1ZhJUSaLnA?t=4158
Here is the demo for the Yamaha DGX-670. At 1:09:20 he's starting the lesson mode with "the Jurassic Park Theme". Just pressing the notes with the backing track. It's amazing how this works. But i can't find it to buy or download for my own DGX-670.

Maybe someone can help me?

Regards,

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 02:55:53 PM »
Hi All,
I'm sitting in the same situation.
https://youtu.be/F1ZhJUSaLnA?t=4158

Regards,

Hi Guys

I just love Jurassic Park as played in the above video.
Has any got a copy of the backing style file, as played, but suitable for the CVP805.
Many thanks
Best regards - Kenneve

King ding3ling

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2022, 11:14:54 AM »
Hi Guys

I just love Jurassic Park as played in the above video.
Has any got a copy of the backing style file, as played, but suitable for the CVP805.
Many thanks
Best regards - Kenneve
Hey Kenneve,

I think i've found it for your CVP!
https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/p/downloadables/songs/follow-lights/lights-camera-action-2

Introducing Follow Lights, a unique way to learn you favorite songs. Used in Yamaha's popular Clavinova Connection music-making and wellness program – and perfect for individual use at home! To play, you simply follow the lights above the keys. Follow Lights guides you at your own pace in a delightful, non-pressured manner that eliminates steep learning curves, pressured practice sessions and repetitive scales. Follow Lights is a brilliant path for illuminating your musical spirit!

Includes: A Time for Us (Love Theme) • Back to the Future • Goldfinger • Theme from “Jurassic Park” • Legends of the Fall • On Golden Pond • Somewhere in Time • Speak Softly, Love (Love Theme) • Top Gun Anthem • The Way We Were.

Note: Follow Lights is intended to be used with Yamaha CVP and CSP series Clavinova digital pianos.

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2022, 12:23:17 PM »
Hey Kenneve,

https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/p/downloadables/songs/follow-lights/lights-camera-action-2
Many thanks for your help
Have listened to the file and certainly it has the sound effects, but no voices, so not really sure if its the right one.
However, i have tried to purchase it anyway, but my log-in details are refused, possibly because its the Yamaha USA website, (I'm in the UK and normally use the UK site)
Have tried to register on the USA site, but my details are also refused, so I'm stuck.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2022, 12:34:40 AM »
Hey Kenneve,

That's definitely it! Thanks for finding it! (They only play the 1st 10 seconds or so, in JP's case, that's all sound effects, so it's hard to tell)

I figured it was on the Yamahamusicsoft website, but couldn't find the file just searching for JP (brings up a completely different midi file). Just as a note, Yamahamusicsoft.com has always been the US website, but they've changed the web address.

I googled and found a free version (not as good as the official Yamaha one, but it might do)
https://freemidi.org/download3-1988-jurassic-park-movie-themes

Mark

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2022, 05:14:20 PM »
Hi Amwilburn
Many thanks for finding the alternative JP file, though I'm sorry to say its not a patch on the Yamaha version.
I was particularly after the backing, with the lush strings and of course the sound effects.
I was quite prepared to buy the, Lights-Camera-Action-2 file, but the it does not appear to be available from the UK Yamaha site and my log-on details are not accepted by the USA site.

King ding3ling

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2022, 11:45:55 PM »
Hey guys,

Yes musicsoft needs an other login registration. My dutch login didn’t work either. I needed to register with an account on the musicsoft site.
I bought the light camera action set from the musicsoft site and I can tell you...that midi file is the one with the dinosaur sounds! The following lights is very easy to follow but it’s fun to have it.
You’ll get 8 other midi files. All the midi files in the set are working for my DGX-670.

About midi files listening on the web...some midi files listening on the web sounds terrible. When I download midi files and import them on my DGX some of them sounds much much better and have better sounds than listening from a browser or media player. Try the midi files on your yamaha for the best experience.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 11:56:26 PM by King ding3ling »

The following users thanked this post: Kenneve

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2022, 10:27:25 AM »
I was quite prepared to buy the, Lights-Camera-Action-2 file, but the it does not appear to be available from the UK Yamaha site and my log-on details are not accepted by the USA site.
Hi  King ding3ling
I have Emailed Yamaha UK to ask how I can order this file, but no reply so far, in fact from the auto-reply received, it appears it's actually gone to Yamaha EU Gmbh.
Have also trawled through the UK Musicsoft site and can't locate the file anywhere.
Don't really understand why it's available on the USA site, but not the UK site.
Can you tell me how you managed to order it?

Referring to Midi files, basically they are just a series of triggers, which tell the instrument or device, which notes to play and when to play them.
The actual sounds that you hear will depend on the quality of the voices etc which are built in to a particular instrument.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 11:37:13 AM by Kenneve »

King ding3ling

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2022, 11:42:14 AM »
Don't really understand why it's available on the USA site, but not the UK site.
Can you tell me how you managed to order it?
Hi Kenneve,

MusicSoft is only located in the USA. You need to register again at the US site. Register as a new customer
After that you can order de lights camera action

https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/p/downloadables/songs/follow-lights/lights-camera-action-2.

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2022, 09:13:01 PM »
Hi King ding3ling, Finally got there in the end, what a palaver!
Could not use my normal Email address and had set up another one.
Trying to pay by Paypal didn't work, so had to use a credit card.
How long did the order take to reach you?

Order received, many thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 09:39:53 AM by Kenneve »

King ding3ling

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2022, 11:25:14 PM »
Order received, many thanks for your help.
Great!!! Just helping each other. Have fun with it. I must say…the sounds in the midi files are awesome. Did you listen the theme from Top Gun to?

I already message Yamaha USA for 1 missing midi file in the package. To be continued!

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2022, 10:25:07 AM »
Yes, 'Top Gun' is also a very good song and I think the start of  the 'Jurassic Park theme' is definitely designed to wake the neighbours up. ;D
Your comment about a missing song prompted me to check my files.
i have a total of 10 files, which includes, 'Legend of the Fall', which is not shown in the sample list, but is included in the description text lower down the page.

King ding3ling

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2022, 06:54:25 PM »
I’ll try to download the package again 2night. Maybe they’ve fixed it?

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2022, 08:13:25 PM »
Which files are you missing .?
If you can’t get any response from the site, maybe you PM me.

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2022, 08:57:11 AM »
as they are midi files would they work on a genos ?

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2022, 09:12:11 AM »
so got the files but i camt alter the midi file as the key follow is on does any one know which channell its on or how too disable it please

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2022, 09:12:27 AM »
so got the files but i camt alter the midi file as the key follow is on does any one know which channell its on or how too disable it please

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2022, 07:29:29 PM »
Hi Guys

I've now played all the files from the 'Lights Camera Action' collection, recently purchased from the US Yamaha website and have come across a problem, in which I need as bit help to solve.

How can I identify which instruments are used for the melody line, in a particular song?
Currently my CVP805 plays the default instrument, or whatever instrument that I manually select.

Taking the 'Top Gun' theme as an example, yes the melody line is a guitar, but I have no way of knowing which guitar, out of the dozens that I have available.
Is there any software available which can identify the particular instrument being used, or perhaps I'm missing something?

Many thanks in advance for any help.