Author Topic: Wrong voice loads when I press registration button  (Read 3011 times)

Wrong voice loads when I press registration button
« on: July 03, 2020, 10:28:33 PM »
Hello, I'm a new Genos user, loving it and learning a lot from this forum!

I have a song I have set up both with a MIDI recording of just the bass line, as well as registrations that I go through with a foot pedal.

I don't know if the problem of this rogue voice is attached to the MIDI file or the first registration. I don't need the MIDI song anymore so I guess one approach would be to make sure it is not queued up in the song player (I don't know how to do that either, the blue light for song B is lit up and I can't seem to select NO song like default).

Anyway, when I start to play my song, I select the first registration in the sequence, and up pops this wrong voice in right 1. If I push registration button 1, it goes back to the correct voice. How do I erase this errant voice so it never shows up again?

I also checked that my keyboard split is the same for all my voices. I do not use this wrong voice (super annoying electric guitar) anywhere in the song, BTW.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Wrong voice loads when I press registration button
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 11:16:45 PM »
Hello, I'm a new Genos user, loving it and learning a lot from this forum!

I have a song I have set up both with a MIDI recording of just the bass line, as well as registrations that I go through with a foot pedal.

I don't know if the problem of this rogue voice is attached to the MIDI file or the first registration. I don't need the MIDI song anymore so I guess one approach would be to make sure it is not queued up in the song player (I don't know how to do that either, the blue light for song B is lit up and I can't seem to select NO song like default).

Anyway, when I start to play my song, I select the first registration in the sequence, and up pops this wrong voice in right 1. If I push registration button 1, it goes back to the correct voice. How do I erase this errant voice so it never shows up again?

I also checked that my keyboard split is the same for all my voices. I do not use this wrong voice (super annoying electric guitar) anywhere in the song, BTW.

When that happens (first press gives you the wrong voice, second gives you the right one), it means that your midi file has a Voice Set command. That is what is being loaded first.

If you don't need your midi file any more, the simple solution is to re-memorize your registration, ensuring the Song group is unchecked.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 05:45:28 PM »
Worked like a charm! Thank you!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 09:29:16 AM »
Hmmm I may have spoken too soon... the sound is back even though I made sure no registration is linked to the MIDI...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »
Hmmm I may have spoken too soon... the sound is back even though I made sure no registration is linked to the MIDI...

Did you save the registration bank after you re-memorized it?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 05:18:57 PM »
Ah, now I have done that, makes sense and it should stick!

Again thank you!