Author Topic: Start/Stop not working - Cannot upgrade Genos O.S. - Assistance needed  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Al Ram

Hello Friends

I have not been able to upgrade the Genos O.S. to the latest version . . . .

The Genos Start/Stop button is not working . . . . and according to the instructions it is required

To Install the firmware
 a) While holding down the STYLE CONTROL [START/STOP] button on the panel, turn the power on.

I have tried but cannot because when pressing Start/Stop nothing happens.

Currently working with Yamaha to fix the Start/Stop issue . . . . . . but it is taking much longer than expected.

Do you know if there is any other way to trigger the O.S. upgrade other than the Start/Stop ?

Thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Stijn

Do you mean that the Start/Stop button is not working at all?
Not even when playing the keyboard? Or it is not working when trying the upgrade?

Have you tried Resetting your Genos to get the Start/Stop button working again?

[MENU]  [Utility] - Factory Reset

or  Right most key + power on will also reset

Stijn

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:30:44 PM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Al Ram

Stijn

thanks for your reply. 

Yes, the Start/Stop is not working at all.   Not when playing . . . . . not working in any circumstance.

I have not tried the reset cause i took the keyboard to a Yamaha approved technician provided by Yamaha/warranty . . . . . the problem seems to be hardware rather than software, they are still researching for me . .  . but it is taking very long and it will probably take more . . . . .

At this point, just looking for an alternate way to do the OS upgrade without using the Start/Stop button.

If i do factory reset . .  will i lose my settings ? whatever settings i have, do not even remember. . . . . thanks

thanks again.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Stijn

Yes, you will lose your System Setup.
But you can save the System Setup before doing a reset.
After the reset you can restore the System Setup.

see p 158 of the reference manual.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: Al Ram