Author Topic: SX700 Playlist App  (Read 3121 times)

obedient22

SX700 Playlist App
« on: June 29, 2020, 04:59:03 PM »
I am a new SX700 owner.  Setting up my system I downloaded the Yamaha Playlists and installed them.  I then Started to create a Playlist for my Ultimate book using Numbers on my iPad.  Since I'm a Apple app developer I decided to work on a playlist app.  I previously I owned a PSR3000.  Years ago I could find playlists for Ultimate books on the Web.  The first problem I ran into was I don't know how to unpack the rest files in the Yamaga playlist.  As a work around I went through there playlists and used the keyboard to find the styles and tempo.  The app displays the style and tempo for there playlist entries.  To add a entry to to your playlist you select the Jazz, Ballroom, etc and it displays there playlist including style and tempo.  The app allows filtering the list on a range tempo or a keyword.  Where the keyword can be in there style, title or a keyword you add. For instance you can filter words like waltz, ballad, Samba, etc.  You can then select a playlist entry and go to the Keyboard and try it with the title of the Yamaha playlist entry.  You can then enter your title and add the the entry to your playlist. On the keyboard you can add a new registration to the bundle.  The only thing I really support is multiple tempos.  In entering the playlist entry the app sorts the playlists and writes it to a backup file.  I transfer the playlist to a thumb drive using the Files app on the iPad.  I plan to put a video on Youtube to demonstrate the.  Let me know if there is any interest and what features you would be interested in.  I have created a playlist of my Ultimate book with over 600 entries.

blackpool

Re: SX700 Playlist App
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 06:56:54 PM »
Welcome to forum.....Sounds good

Keysound Leicester offer a system linked to Playlist ....see their youtube video

Regards Keith

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 03:25:46 PM by blackpool »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 04:45:45 PM »
Dose not give you a price though.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 09:51:29 AM »
It’s Songbook +. It’s on Appstore .
Genos2
PSR-SX900
PSR-S950
Roland E86
Yamaha PS55
Yamaha orgel model B

Pino

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »
It was baffling to me that this guy from "Keysound" Leicester, didn’t say that the app was called "SongBook+ from the beginning of the video and has been around for many years,  he was talking like he made the app. himself.

I think what he has done is link the pdf sheet to registrations on the keyboard and put a few songs together for players that don’t want the hassle of doing it themselves, fair enough.

I use it the other way, when I call up a registration it calls up the sheet music on the iPad, you can do a lot more with this app. it’s excellent value for money, like Dutchie said, it’s on the ‘App Store’ and used by many members here.

Pino
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:13:49 AM by Pino »