Author Topic: Chord Tracker Transpose  (Read 3678 times)

Chord Tracker Transpose
« on: July 01, 2020, 03:35:41 AM »
Hi all, I wonder if someone can help me with this issue. I loaded a song to Chord Tracker in order to send it latter to Chord Looper of my SX900. The thing is that I need to transpose the song +2, so I used the "Transpose" utility in the APP, it works fine until that point, but the thing is that when sending the file or song to the Chord Looper app in the keyboard, it sends the original tone or the original key tone without the +2 transpose, I have working with this "problem" but I can not find any solution. When I try to transpose the song captured as Chord Looper in the keyboard, it seems that it transports all the keyboard, not just the song part that I am only interested to put it in +2. In other words, how do I transpose and keep that key when sending the file to the keyboard using the chord looper facility? I appreciate a lot if someone could help me find a solution in this matter, probably you could see this problem if you have the chord tracker. Thanks a lot!
 ??? :(
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline EileenL

Re: Chord Tracker Transpose
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
Do you have your Transpose set to song and not Keyboard.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 10:52:48 PM »
Thanks Eileen, trying to explain myself, what I need is to transpose only the keyboard (Right part) and leaving the style part in its original key tune. When you use the transpose facility "keyboard", all the keyboard keys including the style is raised or lowered equally.  I don't know if I make myself understand, I think it's a little confusing. Suppose this, a midi song is in x key, the melody is played in x key, but sometimes is more easy to play that melody song in x+2, in that case,  what I do is to transpose the keyboard +2 and play with a much easy scale. This works perfectly for guys like me that are beginners, jejeje, the same thing is when using a imported chords from any song. Leaving the chords song as they are and changing the key note above or below some notes. Hope this example explains a little bit of what I need. The mayor issue is that Chord tracker doesn't permit to transport a song a export that change of key to the keyboard into chord looper, allways sends the original key, and in the keyboard I can't edit the chord looper file to change the tone keys.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
You have to remember that Chord Looper is an entirely different way of recording. It just records the information of the chord you play and the position of the keys pressed.. That is why we are able to change styles and tempo's to suit as these unlike midi are not recorded. You have to record it in the key you are going to play it in and then it will work correctly. If like a lot of us you want to transpose up half a tone for the second time bar it will work as it should and the whole song will transpose.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 02:17:49 PM »
I don't know what the Chord Tracker app is, so can't help you there.

And I agree we should be able to edit Chord Looper files on the keyboard.

But as that feature is not (yet) available, we need to use a computer, and programs like MixMaster to edit Chord Looper files. Give it a try to see if it solves your problem.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: overover, bhergar56

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 06:37:59 PM »
I am not sure about anyone else, but it’s seems difficult to make sense of the original post. But here is what I think he is trying to do. He is having chord tracker work out the chords from a midi of the song which might be say in Bb, a key he finds difficult. He then imports those chords into the keyboard and uses the chord looper to play the chord sequence over and over and plays the melody live along with it, but wants to play it in a easier key like C.
If a song is in Bb and you want it to sound in Bb but play it in the easier C, then you would have to lower the keyboard not raise it, so it is -2 not +2. But that aside, you have to input the chords in C as well. You cant play them (or import them) in Bb then play the melody in C no matter what you do with transposing the keyboard. The chord looper just emulates what you play, so it all has to be in the right key. Maybe the way is to transpose the original midi to the target key, then chord tracker gets the chords in the right key before you transfer them to the keyboard. I honestly don’t know, because I would never use any of these apps.
I will say this though - the arranger has many technical features that make learning to play a bit easier,  but it’s still a musical instrument, not an app. If you spend your time manipulating technology and finding workarounds so you appear to make music without actually learning to play, you may be missing the point.
mike

The following users thanked this post: bhergar56

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 10:35:13 PM »
Chord Looper is best used for live playing or practice. As I said before it is a completely different aspect that just remembers your chords as you play the sequence It can be made up of Chorus of Song and then Middle eight which you can use the way you want to. It also frees the keyboard to be played without split to play along two handed very nice if you want to play piano over it.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 07:48:20 PM »
Thanks Mike and Eileen for your help and concern, I think Mike almost got the idea of what I was trying to explain.. jejeje thanks. Clarifying just one thing is that Thai song that I'm trying to get the notes is not a midi file, is a mp3 file. Chord Tracker works with mp3 files in order to extract the notes of the song. If it was in midi format, it would be easy, just transpose +2 and play it in C (according to Mike's example). In conclusion what I did was: loaded the mp3 song in Chord Tracker, with its facility of transpose, I razed in +2, I wrote the notes in a piece of paper, then in the same Chord Tracker edit note by note putting the new ones (+2) and then exported or transfer the file to Chord Looper. Now I have a Loop of Chord y the PSR but with the chords +2 that I wanted.  Yes I know this is to much!, but is a way to solve this issue or problem while perhaps Yamaha realizes that the 1- You can't edit chord Looper, 2- The facility of transpose a mp3 file in Chord Tracker doesn't export the new chords to chord looper unless they are hand edited.I hope some day Yamaha can fix these issues. Thanks again Mike for helping me describe my concern, and yes, I prefer to play some songs in C and not in Bb, because as said in my introduction, I do not have formal studies in music notation and scales, and at this moment (64 years) what I want is to play some songs easel and have fun, and not start a music study, noooo my friend that will be in an other life. Programming, yes, because I am a System En ginere and with a bit of knowledge in this kind of equipment and music, so is easy for me to understand and recognize software problems, or lack of efficiency. Thanks Bernardo.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 09:17:53 PM »
I don't know what the Chord Tracker app is, so can't help you there.

And I agree we should be able to edit Chord Looper files on the keyboard.

But as that feature is not (yet) available, we need to use a computer, and programs like MixMaster to edit Chord Looper files. Give it a try to see if it solves your problem.

Cheers,
Fred

Thanks Fred, I will try MixMaster, I have Sonar installed on my desk computer, but I am  evaluating to buy Cubasis for Ipad.
Regards.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 08:53:51 PM »
Hi all, I would like to share with you, the response received fron the Yamaha app support team regards the Chord Tracker App issue and the transpose option, that I was trying to make use of it in association with the sx900 chord looper.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, Chord Tracker can not maintain the
transposed key when the song is sent to the instruments.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Though we cannot promise to realize your request,
we will feedback your precious comment to our development team.

Your opinion is very helpful to improve our service.
Again, we truly appreciate your opinion.

With Regards,

YAMAHA Corporation
Smart Device Application Support Team"

Hope some day the developers group coul fix this issue."

I think probably one of this day they will fix it.

Best regards to all.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

chikitin

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 04:30:35 AM »
This is sad!

I also love to see chord track trigger the Start of a file. Does it?

MarkuzblooM

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 02:39:06 AM »
It looks like most of who answered above has no Chord Tracker App and they talking about different things.

Offline Pityus

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 08:06:17 AM »
In retrospect, if I can swap one chord for another
or assign another bass to it without having to replay the whole thing?