Author Topic: Yem discussiion, looking to the future?  (Read 2686 times)

Bachus

Yem discussiion, looking to the future?
« on: June 26, 2020, 11:07:11 AM »
Been enjoying my Genos for quite some time now..
But there is one thing, i still dislike..

And that is that i need  a computer program to create my own voices..
Yamaha montage, but also Korg Pa4x and Ketron all have build in tools to archieve the same.
Espescially for indepth sound edditing and sound creation using a pc (with somehwat limited options) program it feels just not right to me.. 

When you look at the incredible interface the Montage
/modx offers for onboard edditing and sound creation, i only wish to see this in an Update,..
Also onboard sound management would be nice.. making your own selections inside packs..

I can see how midi and audio edditing works better on a pc or ipad..
(Altough i wish some better integration between Genos and daw/ipad)
But sound creation? (And pack management)  Works so nice when onboard of the keybaord.

Now i recognise, many of you are so used to the YEM, and only use it for basic pack management tasks..
But those who do extensive edditing, would they love to see this onboard, just like me?
For those with experience in montage and modx, it works so nice.

I hope in the future Yamaha can leave Yem behind..
With the new touch screen, and extended processing capabillities of Genos
The reason behind Yem no longer excists in my book..
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:08:44 AM by Bachus »

Re: Yem discussiion, looking to the future?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 01:12:14 AM »
Good points, Bachus. It sounds like you want a Montage+Genos combo. The Yamaha marketing guys will have no part of it. It would completely destroy their marketing plan.

What would they call it? A Genotage or Montos :D!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 07:37:32 PM »
Good points, Bachus. It sounds like you want a Montage+Genos combo. The Yamaha marketing guys will have no part of it. It would completely destroy their marketing plan.

What would they call it? A Genotage or Montos :D!

Actually....
I would call it
S90GX and S70GX

Reviving the S series and adding styles to it...

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 01:16:48 AM »
Works for me, Bachus :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 01:40:23 AM »
Whatever you choose to call it... it would be a "syntharranger" for sure. Closest we can get for now is buy a synth and an arranger and find a way to "integrate" the two.  If the MODX or Montage use the MSB 063 Bank Select number for their Voices, then you can do what I have done with my Motif Rack... Create dummy packs and call up the MODX/Montage Voices right from your Genos as R1 Voices.

But if you want to use synth sounds in styles then look to Easy Sounds Phat Analog, Magic Dance and Analog Xperience expansion packs to do that.  BTW... these same packs are available for the MODX and Montage.

Thank you Peter Krischker!

:)

Joe H
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 01:42:16 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 09:39:05 AM »
Been enjoying my Genos for quite some time now..
But there is one thing, i still dislike..

And that is that i need  a computer program to create my own voices..
Yamaha montage, but also Korg Pa4x and Ketron all have build in tools to archieve the same.
Espescially for indepth sound edditing and sound creation using a pc (with somehwat limited options) program it feels just not right to me.. 

When you look at the incredible interface the Montage
/modx offers for onboard edditing and sound creation, i only wish to see this in an Update,..
Also onboard sound management would be nice.. making your own selections inside packs..

I can see how midi and audio edditing works better on a pc or ipad..
(Altough i wish some better integration between Genos and daw/ipad)
But sound creation? (And pack management)  Works so nice when onboard of the keybaord.

Now i recognise, many of you are so used to the YEM, and only use it for basic pack management tasks..
But those who do extensive edditing, would they love to see this onboard, just like me?
For those with experience in montage and modx, it works so nice.

I hope in the future Yamaha can leave Yem behind..
With the new touch screen, and extended processing capabillities of Genos
The reason behind Yem no longer excists in my book..

Hi Bachus
I think you can get a special Sample Robot edition cheaper for the Montage
Have a dig around you will see
Sample Robot is the way to go.
I am loving it the more i delve.

All the best
John ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:40:14 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Bachus

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 08:44:09 PM »
Whatever you choose to call it... it would be a "syntharranger" for sure. Closest we can get for now is buy a synth and an arranger and find a way to "integrate" the two.  If the MODX or Montage use the MSB 063 Bank Select number for their Voices, then you can do what I have done with my Motif Rack... Create dummy packs and call up the MODX/Montage Voices right from your Genos as R1 Voices.

But if you want to use synth sounds in styles then look to Easy Sounds Phat Analog, Magic Dance and Analog Xperience expansion packs to do that.  BTW... these same packs are available for the MODX and Montage.

Thank you Peter Krischker!

:)

Joe H

I am going to try a new route..
Genos + stagepiano + Software synths in mainstage

I agree with you on the great sounds of Easy Sounds
Also KApro ( kurt Adler) has some great packs in this direction, his packs come from Korg Kronos
And then thereis also CMS sound design, not in Yamaha’s store but they sell some great stuff

I made a registration that allows me to controll external synths with my Genos knobs, trough midi learn..
Connecting my modules to Mainstage too..

But that all does not solve the Yem problem... i think Yem is limmiting the flexibillity of the Genos hugely..

Bachus

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 07:56:39 PM »

Hi Bachus
I think you can get a special Sample Robot edition cheaper for the Montage
Have a dig around you will see
Sample Robot is the way to go.
I am loving it the more i delve.

All the best
John ;D

I found this app today.. on ipad..

https://youtu.be/c5rLqMLsrrc

It has some of the functionality from sample robot..

Yet comes at a different price..  €9..

I will report back my experiences with the app..

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs