Author Topic: Beware of legacy registrations  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Dromeus

Beware of legacy registrations
« on: June 25, 2020, 09:43:35 AM »
Yesterday I loaded a registration that I prepared on a Tyros3 into Genos. I didn't expect it to work but I wanted to check if there was possibly used a preset style. After pressing the Reg1 I continued to work with the Chord Looper. To my surprise the Chord Looper didn't work, I could record chord sequences but it was impossible to loop them. Good news is that rebooting Genos cured the problem. It might be a dumb idea to open a prehistoric registration, but doing so should not compromise the Genos operating system, IMHO.

Anyway, lesson learned...
Regards, Michael

Online ckobu

Re: Beware of legacy registrations
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 10:22:01 AM »
Registrations "in the background" are very complex. Anything can happen but a restart/reset always helps. Genos is resistant to all surprises.  ;D
https://youtu.be/TQFge4ZGKEU
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 03:29:08 PM »
Chord Looper works with styles and not registrations. Once you have recorded your various sections for the song you can chooses any voices to play the whole keyboard with. You can even change the style as you play.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 03:53:42 PM »
@Eileen: in my example I did not aim to use registrations with Chord Looper. But Chord Looper works very well with registrations. Genos 2.0 did extend the registration data structure so you can memorize Chord Looper parameters into the registration. E.g. you may use registrations to recall different chord sequences for certain parts of a song (intro, verse, refrain etc).
Regards, Michael

Offline murrayb

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 08:46:30 PM »
The only part of the chord looper that is stored in the registration is the chord looper file name that contains your sequences.  There are no further settings or sequences saved in the registration.
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:34:48 AM »
It is strange that the Genos Datalist does not give details what is stored in the registration for the Chord Looper. Besides the chord looper bank's file name it is obvious that the Chord Looper Memory Number (1-8) is stored as well. The state of the "On/Off" button is memorized, too. Just give it a try...
Regards, Michael