Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free

Started by Teknoss, June 24, 2020, 02:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckobu

01. While logged in, click on the magnifying glass and enter the name of the keyboard you have (Figure 1) - The results will appear (oval red circle) and click on one Package
02. Click on the ADD TO CARD field (picture 2)
03. Repeat this procedure for the other Pack you want to download
04. Click on the cart icon (top right) and then on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT field (picture 03)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

ckobu

05. Return to My Account and select My Orders, click on PLACE ORDER (picture 04)
06. Select My Library and wait a few minutes. Click Refresh in the browser and when the Satus of the order is Available click on the Package Name. (picture 05)

I wish you a peaceful sleep. And success in downloading the Package tomorrow.

Watch my video channel

Toril S

Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

terryB

The Entertainer pack on the website says for Genos/Tyros, yet when I extract the files only the cpf files for Tyros and T5-76 are there  :-\, how do we get a file for Genos.?  ??? Is this pack worth having ? what sort of material does it contain ?  8)

Cheers Terry

ckobu

Yes, Entertainer Pack and also Euro Dance does not exist for Genos. I hope Yamaha will correct that.
Watch my video channel

terryB

Thanks Ckobu. Previously cpf files where related to the owners instrument ID only, now the files for the freebies are also cpf, but only tied to the instrument model. I already have, (IMO), the best packs that I have purchased over the years, eg. Celtic, Country Musician, Vintage synth and Keyboard plus a couple of others together with some third party packs. I am wondering if I should download the packs I already have (ie  Yamaha ones) so that I have a set not tied
only to my Genos ??. I see from an earlier post that Ckobu has both versions of a pack on his instrument. At the moment I cannot get to my library on the European site to redownload my paid for files if I needed to  :-\

Cheers Terry

Gunnar Jonny

Quote from: terryB on July 29, 2020, 07:31:14 AM
.. I am wondering if I should download the packs I already have (ie  Yamaha ones) so that I have a set not tied
only to my Genos ??

I've done that, downloaded all the Y free-packs for Genos just to be safe if the bought packs is tied to the exact keyboard.
As said above by ckobu, some of the packs still miss the Genos format.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

voodoo

Quote from: Gunnar Jonny on July 29, 2020, 07:58:52 AM
I've done that, downloaded all the Y free-packs for Genos just to be safe if the bought packs is tied to the exact keyboard.
As said above by ckobu, some of the packs still miss the Genos format.

Hi,

the files used before were not bound to an exact keyboard serial number, but to a user account. You had to use email and password to open it in YEM. After this, you could install it on any device, supporting the format. So all my PSR packs could be installed in my Genos, as long as I remember my password.

The files used now are not bound to an account, but are bound a keyboard type. Now we don't need our email/password to open it, and we can give it to friends without having to give them our password. But now PSR-packs are bound to PSR keyboards and cannot be used for Genos.

So why should we download the new files? For the the case that we forget our password, or Yamaha stops the password authentication server. Then the old files cannot be used any longer. So for any case, save the new files.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Bachus

Anyone figured out how the coding of those zip files you download works?

Is there a logic behind those YCJ .....  VZ codes that allows you to indentify what kind of pack it is?

Gunnar Jonny

Quote from: voodoo on July 29, 2020, 08:28:19 AM
.... You had to use email and password to open it in YEM.

I've never had to do it that way. Probably different between different models. 🤔
With T4 or Genos, just imported the instrument id-file direct into YEM and add pacs from PC folder.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

tyrosman

Quote from: ckobu on July 26, 2020, 04:20:05 PM
Previously, one Free Package came with the purchase of a keyboard. So I got a ppf. It can also be installed in Genos.
Now all Packs are free and come in the form of * .cpf. They only apply to a specific model.
i do not no how you done this im having the same trouble both the CPF files do not even load into the yem they do not exsist for genos

tyrosman

Quote from: Esa on July 26, 2020, 03:59:44 AM
Genos cpf packages do not load into my yem  >:(
"The Pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capale of using this Pack"
What on earth ???? Version is V2.6.0

Esa
it says the same on my YEM as well

Al Ram

Quote from: ckobu on July 29, 2020, 07:14:26 AM
Yes, Entertainer Pack and also Euro Dance does not exist for Genos. I hope Yamaha will correct that.

Ckobu
FYI 
I downloaded from the Yamaha website and installed the EuroDance pack into Genos and it is working fine.   I used the EuroDance SX900SX700.ppf . . . loaded into YEM, created the cpi and installed into Genos.    I have tested it --not exhaustively-- it seems to be working fine for me.

Thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

ckobu

I do not know. Everything I downloaded for the SX700 / 900 is in cpf format. And it doesn't go into the Genos Pack.

The "old" EuroDance.ppf made for the S970 can be entered in the Genos Pack.

But it doesn't matter because it's obviously the same or very similar content.

Watch my video channel

Bachus

Quote from: ckobu on July 29, 2020, 12:33:23 PM
I do not know. Everything I downloaded for the SX700 / 900 is in cpf format. And it doesn't go into the Genos Pack.

The "old" EuroDance.ppf made for the S970 can be entered in the Genos Pack.

But it doesn't matter because it's obviously the same or very similar content.

I got it all done today for my Genos
Every Genos pack is in my Yem..
Also got 1 T5 pack (indian worship styles) that worked in Yem for Genos.

I ended up with one empty pack (Romanian 2)
I didn't find the Genos Alpen pack, but think thats part of the V2.0 expansion
Whats missing seems to be the entertainer packs, both of them and the entertainer styles pack..

Will not be able to upload to the Genos till i am home again next week..

Toril S

Has anyone from Norway been able to download anything. It doesn't work for me. I get a message, wrong country code, and a message that the selected pages cannot be found.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Toril S

I have done according to the helpful post of ckubu. Found the packs, added them to shopping cart, then I get the message: Invalid country code, and when I look in the shopping cart it gives me the happy message: You have no items in your shopping cart. How do I add this country code for Norway then?? Never heard of anything like it! Everyone getting those free packs, and here I sit, with a long nose and a big disappointment.....
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Toril S

Even sending a message to Yamaha Support was NOT easy. The form kept stating that my phone number was invalid, so I had to add fake digits for the form to accept it. Same with zip code. We don't have those in Norway, so I had to fabricate one. After many, many tries I was able to send a message asking for help from Yamaha. YAMAHA, THIS IS NO GOOD!
Now I am really angry, yes, maybe not a feeling to be proud of, but nevertheless I am boiling with frustration.
Thanks to all that tried to help :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

overover

Hi Toril,

"ZIP code" means "Postal code" here. Wikipedia says in Norway you have a 4-digit "postnummer":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_codes_in_Norway

I recommend you  to click on "Address Book" in your MusicSoft account, and click on "Change Billing Address".

Set the "Country" to "Norway" and fill in the other necessary fields (which have a red asterisk), including the "ZIP / Postal Code" field. Click "Save Address" button.

If there is also a "Default Shipping Address", do the same changes here.

Click on "Account Information". IF there should be a DIFFERENT entry in the "ZIP Code" field here, simply type in the right code (same as in your Address) and click on SAVE button.

Now you should no longer get annoying messages like "Invalid Country Code".

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

● Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that, and - just did it.
● Never put the Manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

fozzie

Hi Toril!
ZIP code try 0000
It worked for me in Sweden

/fozzie
Ketron Audya-76, Korg PA5X, Yamaha Genos, Ketron SD 90,  Ketron SD1000, Zoom R-24, Zoom H2n, Guitars, Amps, Band in a box 2023 audiophile, Ipad PRO with Auria and iConnect AUDIO4 interface, etc. etc.

Toril S

Toril S

and PSR-47.

EileenL

Hello Toryl,
  It is only the USA site that is working at present. The European site is not expected to be up and running for another month. Some members here have kindly posted links to there packs for Genos which you can try.
  Be aware though that Yamaha seemed to have changed all packs to CPI and this means that only packs marked for a specific keyboard will work for you so no good downloading packs for Tyros 5 or 970 because they will not load into YEM.
Eileen
font]

pmahl

Peterm

Lee Batchelor

I finally decided to look into these free expansion packs. My thoughts are as follows:

• The sites read, "To see all of the files contained, click here." When I "click here" it takes me back to the same page and no styles or voices are displayed. Does anyone monitor this site to make sure it works? Here is a sample link. https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/downloadables/church-christmas-psr-s.html. The link on this page is garbage.

• Most of the free expansion packs seem to be for genres I never play. That is, they are mostly made up of packs for Europe and Mideast areas - totally useless to me. Perhaps I'm missing something? Of course, none of that matters when "click here" doesn't even work :).

• I'm still running the original OS version 1.2, I believe? I've always been afraid to update because of the horror stories and unwanted features people describe. And then there are the numerous complaints about the convoluted YEM software we have to use for installing the packs. Some claim it's easy while others have spent hours on this forum because they can't get it to work.
Opinions?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

EileenL

Hi Lee,
  You should neve believe half the stuff you read on any forum about problems. You should always keep you keyboard up to date and also the YEM. This way you will not have any trouble. You must make sure that when updating the YEM you upload your keyboard ID again to let it know you are using the latest keyboard version. Most packs for Genos are on there and they are very good and if you have not got them well worth having.
Are you signing into your account when going onto Musicsoft site. This helps.
Eileen
font]

Stijn

@ Lee Batchelor

You really should update to version 2.02. You're missing out really good features on your Genos. I love the way Genos shows information on the display, in particular the moving bars on top.
And yes, after the firmware update you have to update YEM as well and re-load the INF file from your Genos.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

ckobu

@Lee - A keyboard update is required. Problems reported by users are always and without exception related to mishandling and upgrading. In addition, if something goes wrong, the old firmware version can always be restored.
I have installed all the Free packages available for Genos. There are great things for every type of music. My favorites are Vintage Synth, Vintage Key, Country Music, great Italian V2 Pack and Latin EU. In other Packs there is always something interesting like the voice of Buzuki in the Greek Pack.
The web shop is still being processed and you don't have to be impatient, everything will be in place in a short time.
Watch my video channel

tyrosaurus

Quote from: ckobu on July 31, 2020, 08:39:29 AM
In addition, if something goes wrong, the old firmware version can always be restored.

Genos Firmware version 1.40 came with a warning which said:

"* The previous firmware version cannot be restored after updating the firmware to this version"

Since the user would be updating from version 1.20 to 2.02,  presumably it will not be possible to restore a firmware version earlier than 1.40 after installing the update!

Regards

Ian

ckobu

tyrosaurus - You're probably right, they won't be able to go back to version 1.20.
Specifically, the first version of Genos was 1.02. Today we have 2.20 and with this upgrade we have a completely different, better instrument.
I understand the fear of users who do not have the knowledge to upgrade.
But if we look at the list of what has been patched and fixed in the OS so far, I see no reason why we shouldn't leave that job to someone who is an expert and who they trust.

Let everyone have their will and choice, I'm just trying to be realistic and practical.

I'll be a little off topic but I'll copy everything that any player who has the first version of Genos loses.

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_genos.html
Watch my video channel

Bachus

Quote from: tyrosaurus on July 31, 2020, 09:34:05 AM
Genos Firmware version 1.40 came with a warning which said:

"* The previous firmware version cannot be restored after updating the firmware to this version"

Since the user would be updating from version 1.20 to 2.02,  presumably it will not be possible to restore a firmware version earlier than 1.40 after installing the update!

Regards

Ian

Why would you want to run an older firmware version?
This is Yamaha, and they generally don't ruin anything when upgrading.
And small mistakes are quickly patched after any major patch.

I just watch these forums for a week after release..
And then do an upgrade and never look back