News:

PSR Tutorial Forum is Now Back to Life!

Main Menu

Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free

Started by Teknoss, June 24, 2020, 02:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Ram

Ckobu 

Interesting . . . . so, you were able to install an entertainer.ppf from psrS970 into Genos ?

where did you get this ppf file ?  I downloaded several entertainer packs but i can only see cpf extensions not ppf

Thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

ckobu

Previously, one Free Package came with the purchase of a keyboard. So I got a ppf. It can also be installed in Genos.
Now all Packs are free and come in the form of * .cpf. They only apply to a specific model.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

overover

Quote from: sunny on July 26, 2020, 01:19:25 PM
Hi Chris,
I got Same error  when i loaded Indian Tals pack on Tyros5 as
"The Pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this Pack"

Will it work for Tyros 5 also when i delete Tyros5 and reinstall again ? ...

Hi Sunny,

no, Esa tried to import .cpf Packs that was originally made for GENOS, he could not import the Packs because (in my opinion) he had not yet imported the current Genos Instrument Info file (.n27) as an Install Target in the YEM.

In your case, the reason that you cannot import the "Indian Taals" Pack is: The now free downloadable version of this Pack is only available in .cpf format, and only for the PSR-S670. This .cpf cannot be used for any other model, unforunately. (The Pack could be imported into YEM if there was also an PSR-S670 Install Target. But you can not select it for use with e.g. the Tyros5.

I have a .ppf version of "Indian Taals" Pack that was downloadable for free in the past. A .ppf can ALWAYS be imported into YEM (and usually can be used on several instruments). BUT in the case of "Indian Taals" Pack, unfortunately many Voices are NOT COMPATIBLE with Tyros5. (See the attached picture.)

I could upload my .ppf version of "Indian Taals" if you wish, but as mentioned it is not fully compatible with Tyros5 ...

Quote from: sunny on July 26, 2020, 01:25:17 PM
Hi Chris,
Does it mean that Indian expansion packs which are compatible with PSR SX900 expansion packs are also compatible with Genos keyboard ? ...

As mentioned before, a .cpf Pack can only be used with the specific model it was originally made for. So, to use with the Tyros5 you need a .cpf pack that was made specifically for the Tyros5 OR a Pack in .ppf format.

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
● Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that, and - just did it.
● Never put the Manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Mike2

This is getting worst by the day. Please, can someone explain what the hell I am missing for free??? This thread is all about getting something for free, no matter how you explain it. Is it worth it after all these post? Just curious?? After all, I have not seen much excitement, except frustration with this thread.
I say keep it going, if this is what you call technology...I'll continue to play and enjoy all that my Genos has to offer. If one doesn't, the first thing you know, a new Genos 2 will be available, and that will add to another frustration or expectation, that will take up more of your time than enjoyment playing of your keyboard, which should be first.

ckobu

@ Mike2 - this may seem like a frustration to you, but we're having a good time. It's all a matter of perception and outlook on life.

For me, this thread is fun, and FreePack is a nice exploration.
It's easy, download your packages and enjoy the game.

Or enjoy your Genos in version 1.04 and unsubscribe from the topic.
Watch my video channel

Toril S

Stalking the prey is part of the fun. Here the prey is an expert in hiding, so we load our YEM and shoot :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Dromeus

I cannot see anything "going worst" here, on contrary. In fact it started quite strange when Yamaha went live with a shop that was the worst piece of web software I've ever seen from a world class company like Yamaha. Let's face it: if you announce premium packs to be free there will be a huge interest and demand. It's just human and there is nothing wrong with it. When making a business decision to migrate to a new shop and at the same time to give away a bunch of software with a value of a few 100 bucks for free, you'd better get your sh*t together.

BUT it's getting better all the time...  ;D. There are some real gems to explore e.g. I really like the Vintage Synth/Keyboard packs. Your mileage may vary but it's worth the time to check out those packs that suit your needs. If you're really not interested in additional software for your Genos, then why read this thread at all?
Regards, Michael

Mega Voice

Quote from: overover on July 24, 2020, 08:13:53 AM
Hi Mega Voice,

Premium Packs are only available for Tyros models and Genos, and because they are always in the protected .cpf format, there is no way to use those Packs on other models (like PSR-S or SX).

Please take a look to these free Local Packs for the PSR-A3000. These Packs are in the (non protected) .ppf format and should can be used also with the SX700.

https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-a3000/vse.html#product-tabs

The only thing is that some of these Packs are relativlely big, so maybe you have to deselect some content (in the YEM) when using with the SX700.

Best regards,
Chris

I think you know it wrong. I have the Genos Balkan & Turkey cpf package and I can load this package as cpi in sx700 keyboard. But I can't do the same with the middle eastern package I downloaded. I want the cpf file, which is the package before it was free. I would be very happy if you could help.

JohnS (Ugawoga)

Hi
Go Software with VST and combine that with The Genos.
It will make the Yamaha packs look silly
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

EileenL

John,
  That is not what people want here. They want the free Yamaha packs and the new voices and styles in them. I must add some are very good.
  If you want to keep pushing all this electronic stuff then why not start a new thread. Believe it or not there are still some people who are more than happy just using there keyboards as they are and producing some great music.
  During lock down I have been listening to a small group that formed to bring us a hour of live played music for an hour in the morning and then in the evening. They use Tyros3 to Genos and there talent is just fantastic. It is a joy to watch. I know they will make good use of some of these packs.
Eileen
font]

JohnS (Ugawoga)

Hi Eileen

People want diversness on this forum  and all i am saying is something that i can pass on. That is how i have learnt this by others opinions
If we were all the same it would be boring
I am not pushing anything as I have nothing to gain.
This forum is for live players and home studio players as well.
I still maintain you do not get much for free!!. Not these days anyway.IMO>

All the Best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

sunny

Quote from: overover on July 26, 2020, 04:34:39 PM
Hi Sunny,

no, Esa tried to import .cpf Packs that was originally made for GENOS, he could not import the Packs because (in my opinion) he had not yet imported the current Genos Instrument Info file (.n27) as an Install Target in the YEM.

In your case, the reason that you cannot import the "Indian Taals" Pack is: The now free downloadable version of this Pack is only available in .cpf format, and only for the PSR-S670. This .cpf cannot be used for any other model, unforunately. (The Pack could be imported into YEM if there was also an PSR-S670 Install Target. But you can not select it for use with e.g. the Tyros5.

I have a .ppf version of "Indian Taals" Pack that was downloadable for free in the past. A .ppf can ALWAYS be imported into YEM (and usually can be used on several instruments). BUT in the case of "Indian Taals" Pack, unfortunately many Voices are NOT COMPATIBLE with Tyros5. (See the attached picture.)

I could upload my .ppf version of "Indian Taals" if you wish, but as mentioned it is not fully compatible with Tyros5 ...

As mentioned before, a .cpf Pack can only be used with the specific model it was originally made for. So, to use with the Tyros5 you need a .cpf pack that was made specifically for the Tyros5 OR a Pack in .ppf format.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi all,

There are 4 Indian packs such as Indian Taals, Indian 2, Indian Entertainer & Indian Devotional pack1 are available for free download, but none of these packs work on Tyros5.  Tyros5 players are most disappointed. Now no hopes on Yamaha  because no  response from Yamaha to my email. I still unable to understand what Yamaha will lose if Indian packs are made compatible with Tyros 5.

Any programs available that can extract voices from CPF and PPF formats, so that I can create my own CPF pack with YEM ?

Thanks,
Sunny

soundphase

Quote from: ugawoga on July 27, 2020, 08:08:00 AM
Hi Eileen

People want diversness on this forum  and all i am saying is something that i can pass on. That is how i have learnt this by others opinions
If we were all the same it would be boring
I am not pushing anything as I have nothing to gain.
This forum is for live players and home studio players as well.
I still maintain you do not get much for free!!. Not these days anyway.IMO>

All the Best
John
I'm quite sure that the current Genos CPU power with 1TB instead of 3GB, and perhaps with some new sound algorithms  (i would like the random algorihm used for new drums to be used for other acoustic sounds to imitate natural changes) will allow us to take profit  from sounds at the VST quality. The Genos will then have professional sounds with the "sit and play" so enjoyable capability. Everybody will be happy.

But effectively for live professional results... I would like a smooth sound transition, as it is very annoying to have to align all DSP/Volume/EQ parameters between registrations (even if it is often possible to do so) to avoid the unpleasant sound holes and leaps at registration switches. And, that could require far more CPU and internal channels.

EileenL

Again this has nothing to do with the original title of this thread and free packs from Yamaha. Some people are having problems getting them and some  are not and that is what is being discussed and the European site will be ready to download from.
  There are other threads where VST and DAW's can be discussed.
Eileen
font]

EileenL

Hi John,
  I know that people want diverseness on a forum but I was referring to sticking to the subject of a thread which is all about a certain subject. If different bits not related to a subject are posted all over the forum all you achieve is a muddle and members wont know if they are coming or going.
Eileen
font]

elad770

Quote from: EileenL on July 27, 2020, 11:22:52 AM
Hi John,
  I know that people want diverseness on a forum but I was referring to sticking to the subject of a thread which is all about a certain subject. If different bits not related to a subject are posted all over the forum all you achieve is a muddle and members wont know if they are coming or going.

It's so difficult to stick to the exact subject with no diversions...for   10 pages! LOL

JohnS (Ugawoga)

HI Eileen

You will have to use Gorilla Glue to make us stick to the subject!!  Another big Lol!! ;D

All the Best
John :)

Toril S

Wasn't it about some free packs from Yamaha? That are free to download if you can? Yet another LOL :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

EileenL

Quite a few members have managed to download packs. It seems to be the European site that is still being worked on.
Eileen
font]

Wim

Quote from: EileenL on July 27, 2020, 04:26:47 PM
Quite a few members have managed to download packs. It seems to be the European site that is still being worked on.

Indeed Eileen as I mentioned in an earlier messsage. They think the site is ready to the end of august. In the mean time I managed to download the packs at the US site.
rgds
Wim

terryB

Hi - The packs for ''Colours  of Iberia'' and ''Greetings from Italy'' have a second version '' V2 ''  are these the same packs but upgraded in or different ?  ???

Cheers Terry

EileenL

Eileen
font]

ckobu

Quote from: terryB on July 28, 2020, 09:49:49 AM
Hi - The packs for ''Colours  of Iberia'' and ''Greetings from Italy'' have a second version '' V2 ''  are these the same packs but upgraded in or different ?  ???

Cheers Terry

These are the same packages but the V2 has been upgraded with new Styles and Voices.  All Styles in V2 are tuned with the Revo drum.
Watch my video channel

Toril S

Hello :)
When I select Expansion packs on Musicsoft, I get an error message. Could someone give me a link to the site where you were able to download packs?
BTW, the site looks worse than ever, at least for me with my low vision. Big sigh...
Toril S

and PSR-47.

ckobu

Quote from: ckobu on July 25, 2020, 10:57:54 AM
I made a video with the process of downloading Packs. If someone has still failed to download the material, this tutorial may help.

https://youtu.be/9Im1h_GCIyM

@Toril S - did you watch my video, I download (EU) without any problems.
Watch my video channel

Toril S

Hello, I tried to watch the video. Unfortunately I don't see it well enough.
I logged in, went to downloadables and to packs, then got error message.
Does anyone have the link to the U.S site, as this seems to work?
Toril S

and PSR-47.

EileenL

Eileen
font]

Toril S

Toril S

and PSR-47.

Toril S

I am logged in with my name showing in right upper corner of the page, than go to shop packs, and this message comes:

We can't find products matching the selection.

So WHY THE H.... doesn't it work here when many others are able to get it to work?
This turned out to be excactly as disappointing as I imagined it would be.
I will have to go to bed before I blow a fuse!

Thanks friends for trying to help :) You are the best!
Toril S

and PSR-47.