Author Topic: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free  (Read 113406 times)

Offline Al Ram

Re: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free
« Reply #450 on: July 26, 2020, 09:56:50 PM »
Ckobu 

Interesting . . . . so, you were able to install an entertainer.ppf from psrS970 into Genos ?

where did you get this ppf file ?  I downloaded several entertainer packs but i can only see cpf extensions not ppf

Thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline ckobu

« Reply #451 on: July 26, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »
Previously, one Free Package came with the purchase of a keyboard. So I got a ppf. It can also be installed in Genos.
Now all Packs are free and come in the form of * .cpf. They only apply to a specific model.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Offline overover

« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2020, 10:34:39 PM »
Hi Chris,
I got Same error  when i loaded Indian Tals pack on Tyros5 as
"The Pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this Pack"

Will it work for Tyros 5 also when i delete Tyros5 and reinstall again ? ...

Hi Sunny,

no, Esa tried to import .cpf Packs that was originally made for GENOS, he could not import the Packs because (in my opinion) he had not yet imported the current Genos Instrument Info file (.n27) as an Install Target in the YEM.

In your case, the reason that you cannot import the "Indian Taals" Pack is: The now free downloadable version of this Pack is only available in .cpf format, and only for the PSR-S670. This .cpf cannot be used for any other model, unforunately. (The Pack could be imported into YEM if there was also an PSR-S670 Install Target. But you can not select it for use with e.g. the Tyros5.

I have a .ppf version of "Indian Taals" Pack that was downloadable for free in the past. A .ppf can ALWAYS be imported into YEM (and usually can be used on several instruments). BUT in the case of "Indian Taals" Pack, unfortunately many Voices are NOT COMPATIBLE with Tyros5. (See the attached picture.)

I could upload my .ppf version of "Indian Taals" if you wish, but as mentioned it is not fully compatible with Tyros5 ...

Hi Chris,
 Does it mean that Indian expansion packs which are compatible with PSR SX900 expansion packs are also compatible with Genos keyboard ? ...

As mentioned before, a .cpf Pack can only be used with the specific model it was originally made for. So, to use with the Tyros5 you need a .cpf pack that was made specifically for the Tyros5 OR a Pack in .ppf format.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 10:41:31 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Mike2

« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2020, 10:47:36 PM »
This is getting worst by the day. Please, can someone explain what the **** I am missing for free??? This thread is all about getting something for free, no matter how you explain it. Is it worth it after all these post? Just curious?? After all, I have not seen much excitement, except frustration with this thread.
I say keep it going, if this is what you call technology...I'll continue to play and enjoy all that my Genos has to offer. If one doesn't, the first thing you know, a new Genos 2 will be available, and that will add to another frustration or expectation, that will take up more of your time than enjoyment playing of your keyboard, which should be first.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #454 on: July 26, 2020, 11:03:24 PM »
@ Mike2 - this may seem like a frustration to you, but we're having a good time. It’s all a matter of perception and outlook on life.

For me, this thread is fun, and FreePack is a nice exploration.
It's easy, download your packages and enjoy the game.

Or enjoy your Genos in version 1.04 and unsubscribe from the topic.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #455 on: July 26, 2020, 11:46:55 PM »
Stalking the prey is part of the fun. Here the prey is an expert in hiding, so we load our YEM and shoot :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2020, 08:40:34 AM »
I cannot see anything "going worst" here, on contrary. In fact it started quite strange when Yamaha went live with a shop that was the worst piece of web software I've ever seen from a world class company like Yamaha. Let's face it: if you announce premium packs to be free there will be a huge interest and demand. It's just human and there is nothing wrong with it. When making a business decision to migrate to a new shop and at the same time to give away a bunch of software with a value of a few 100 bucks for free, you'd better get your sh*t together.

BUT it's getting better all the time...  ;D. There are some real gems to explore e.g. I really like the Vintage Synth/Keyboard packs. Your mileage may vary but it's worth the time to check out those packs that suit your needs. If you're really not interested in additional software for your Genos, then why read this thread at all?
Regards, Michael

The following users thanked this post: Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2020, 09:26:17 AM »
Hi Mega Voice,

Premium Packs are only available for Tyros models and Genos, and because they are always in the protected .cpf format, there is no way to use those Packs on other models (like PSR-S or SX).

Please take a look to these free Local Packs for the PSR-A3000. These Packs are in the (non protected) .ppf format and should can be used also with the SX700.

https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-a3000/vse.html#product-tabs

The only thing is that some of these Packs are relativlely big, so maybe you have to deselect some content (in the YEM) when using with the SX700.

Best regards,
Chris

I think you know it wrong. I have the Genos Balkan & Turkey cpf package and I can load this package as cpi in sx700 keyboard. But I can't do the same with the middle eastern package I downloaded. I want the cpf file, which is the package before it was free. I would be very happy if you could help.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2020, 10:37:02 AM »
Hi
Go Software with VST and combine that with The Genos.
It will make the Yamaha packs look silly
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2020, 12:31:17 PM »
John,
  That is not what people want here. They want the free Yamaha packs and the new voices and styles in them. I must add some are very good.
  If you want to keep pushing all this electronic stuff then why not start a new thread. Believe it or not there are still some people who are more than happy just using there keyboards as they are and producing some great music.
  During lock down I have been listening to a small group that formed to bring us a hour of live played music for an hour in the morning and then in the evening. They use Tyros3 to Genos and there talent is just fantastic. It is a joy to watch. I know they will make good use of some of these packs.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »
Hi Eileen

People want diversness on this forum  and all i am saying is something that i can pass on. That is how i have learnt this by others opinions
If we were all the same it would be boring
I am not pushing anything as I have nothing to gain.
This forum is for live players and home studio players as well.
I still maintain you do not get much for free!!. Not these days anyway.IMO>

All the Best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline sunny

« Reply #461 on: July 27, 2020, 02:45:20 PM »
Hi Sunny,

no, Esa tried to import .cpf Packs that was originally made for GENOS, he could not import the Packs because (in my opinion) he had not yet imported the current Genos Instrument Info file (.n27) as an Install Target in the YEM.

In your case, the reason that you cannot import the "Indian Taals" Pack is: The now free downloadable version of this Pack is only available in .cpf format, and only for the PSR-S670. This .cpf cannot be used for any other model, unforunately. (The Pack could be imported into YEM if there was also an PSR-S670 Install Target. But you can not select it for use with e.g. the Tyros5.

I have a .ppf version of "Indian Taals" Pack that was downloadable for free in the past. A .ppf can ALWAYS be imported into YEM (and usually can be used on several instruments). BUT in the case of "Indian Taals" Pack, unfortunately many Voices are NOT COMPATIBLE with Tyros5. (See the attached picture.)

I could upload my .ppf version of "Indian Taals" if you wish, but as mentioned it is not fully compatible with Tyros5 ...

As mentioned before, a .cpf Pack can only be used with the specific model it was originally made for. So, to use with the Tyros5 you need a .cpf pack that was made specifically for the Tyros5 OR a Pack in .ppf format.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi all,

There are 4 Indian packs such as Indian Taals, Indian 2, Indian Entertainer & Indian Devotional pack1 are available for free download, but none of these packs work on Tyros5.  Tyros5 players are most disappointed. Now no hopes on Yamaha  because no  response from Yamaha to my email. I still unable to understand what Yamaha will lose if Indian packs are made compatible with Tyros 5.

Any programs available that can extract voices from CPF and PPF formats, so that I can create my own CPF pack with YEM ?

Thanks,
Sunny
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:50:33 PM by sunny »

« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2020, 02:59:20 PM »
Hi Eileen

People want diversness on this forum  and all i am saying is something that i can pass on. That is how i have learnt this by others opinions
If we were all the same it would be boring
I am not pushing anything as I have nothing to gain.
This forum is for live players and home studio players as well.
I still maintain you do not get much for free!!. Not these days anyway.IMO>

All the Best
John
I'm quite sure that the current Genos CPU power with 1TB instead of 3GB, and perhaps with some new sound algorithms  (i would like the random algorihm used for new drums to be used for other acoustic sounds to imitate natural changes) will allow us to take profit  from sounds at the VST quality. The Genos will then have professional sounds with the "sit and play" so enjoyable capability. Everybody will be happy.

But effectively for live professional results... I would like a smooth sound transition, as it is very annoying to have to align all DSP/Volume/EQ parameters between registrations (even if it is often possible to do so) to avoid the unpleasant sound holes and leaps at registration switches. And, that could require far more CPU and internal channels.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #463 on: July 27, 2020, 05:14:34 PM »
Again this has nothing to do with the original title of this thread and free packs from Yamaha. Some people are having problems getting them and some  are not and that is what is being discussed and the European site will be ready to download from.
  There are other threads where VST and DAW's can be discussed.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #464 on: July 27, 2020, 05:22:52 PM »
Hi John,
  I know that people want diverseness on a forum but I was referring to sticking to the subject of a thread which is all about a certain subject. If different bits not related to a subject are posted all over the forum all you achieve is a muddle and members wont know if they are coming or going.

Offline elad770

« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2020, 07:01:26 PM »
Hi John,
  I know that people want diverseness on a forum but I was referring to sticking to the subject of a thread which is all about a certain subject. If different bits not related to a subject are posted all over the forum all you achieve is a muddle and members wont know if they are coming or going.

It's so difficult to stick to the exact subject with no diversions...for   10 pages! LOL

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #466 on: July 27, 2020, 09:56:18 PM »
HI Eileen

You will have to use Gorilla Glue to make us stick to the subject!!  Another big Lol!! ;D

All the Best
John :)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #467 on: July 27, 2020, 10:12:01 PM »
Wasn't it about some free packs from Yamaha? That are free to download if you can? Yet another LOL :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #468 on: July 27, 2020, 10:26:47 PM »
Quite a few members have managed to download packs. It seems to be the European site that is still being worked on.

Offline Wim

« Reply #469 on: July 27, 2020, 11:15:27 PM »
Quite a few members have managed to download packs. It seems to be the European site that is still being worked on.

Indeed Eileen as I mentioned in an earlier messsage. They think the site is ready to the end of august. In the mean time I managed to download the packs at the US site.
rgds
Wim

The following users thanked this post: pjd, DerekA

Offline terryB

« Reply #470 on: July 28, 2020, 03:49:49 PM »
 Hi - The packs for ''Colours  of Iberia'' and ''Greetings from Italy'' have a second version '' V2 ''  are these the same packs but upgraded in or different ?  ???

Cheers Terry

Offline EileenL

« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2020, 04:18:11 PM »
As far as I know they are different.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2020, 04:23:31 PM »
Hi - The packs for ''Colours  of Iberia'' and ''Greetings from Italy'' have a second version '' V2 ''  are these the same packs but upgraded in or different ?  ???

Cheers Terry

These are the same packages but the V2 has been upgraded with new Styles and Voices.  All Styles in V2 are tuned with the Revo drum.
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: terryB

Offline Toril S

« Reply #473 on: July 28, 2020, 10:24:30 PM »
Hello :)
When I select Expansion packs on Musicsoft, I get an error message. Could someone give me a link to the site where you were able to download packs?
BTW, the site looks worse than ever, at least for me with my low vision. Big sigh...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:25:32 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #474 on: July 28, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »
I made a video with the process of downloading Packs. If someone has still failed to download the material, this tutorial may help.

https://youtu.be/9Im1h_GCIyM

@Toril S - did you watch my video, I download (EU) without any problems.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2020, 10:43:01 PM »
Hello, I tried to watch the video. Unfortunately I don't see it well enough.
I logged in, went to downloadables and to packs, then got error message.
Does anyone have the link to the U.S site, as this seems to work?
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ckobu

Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2020, 10:47:17 PM »
Here is the site I used for my packs Toryl

https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/downloadables-world

Offline Toril S

« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2020, 11:05:07 PM »
Thanks ckobu and Eileen :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2020, 11:14:13 PM »
I am logged in with my name showing in right upper corner of the page, than go to shop packs, and this message comes:

We can't find products matching the selection.

So WHY THE H.... doesn't it work here when many others are able to get it to work?
This turned out to be excactly as disappointing as I imagined it would be.
I will have to go to bed before I blow a fuse!

Thanks friends for trying to help :) You are the best!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2020, 11:50:16 PM »
01. While logged in, click on the magnifying glass and enter the name of the keyboard you have (Figure 1) - The results will appear (oval red circle) and click on one Package
02. Click on the ADD TO CARD field (picture 2)
03. Repeat this procedure for the other Pack you want to download
04. Click on the cart icon (top right) and then on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT field (picture 03)

Offline ckobu

« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2020, 11:50:51 PM »
05. Return to My Account and select My Orders, click on PLACE ORDER (picture 04)
06. Select My Library and wait a few minutes. Click Refresh in the browser and when the Satus of the order is Available click on the Package Name. (picture 05)

I wish you a peaceful sleep. And success in downloading the Package tomorrow.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2020, 11:54:50 PM »
Thanks a lot ckobu!! I try again timorrow😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline terryB

« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2020, 01:07:36 PM »
The Entertainer pack on the website says for Genos/Tyros, yet when I extract the files only the cpf files for Tyros and T5-76 are there  :-\, how do we get a file for Genos.?  ??? Is this pack worth having ? what sort of material does it contain ?  8)

Cheers Terry

Offline ckobu

« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »
Yes, Entertainer Pack and also Euro Dance does not exist for Genos. I hope Yamaha will correct that.
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: terryB

Offline terryB

« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2020, 01:31:14 PM »
Thanks Ckobu. Previously cpf files where related to the owners instrument ID only, now the files for the freebies are also cpf, but only tied to the instrument model. I already have, (IMO), the best packs that I have purchased over the years, eg. Celtic, Country Musician, Vintage synth and Keyboard plus a couple of others together with some third party packs. I am wondering if I should download the packs I already have (ie  Yamaha ones) so that I have a set not tied
only to my Genos ??. I see from an earlier post that Ckobu has both versions of a pack on his instrument. At the moment I cannot get to my library on the European site to redownload my paid for files if I needed to  :-\

Cheers Terry

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2020, 01:58:52 PM »
.. I am wondering if I should download the packs I already have (ie  Yamaha ones) so that I have a set not tied
only to my Genos ??

I've done that, downloaded all the Y free-packs for Genos just to be safe if the bought packs is tied to the exact keyboard.
As said above by ckobu, some of the packs still miss the Genos format.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline voodoo

« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »
I've done that, downloaded all the Y free-packs for Genos just to be safe if the bought packs is tied to the exact keyboard.
As said above by ckobu, some of the packs still miss the Genos format.

Hi,

the files used before were not bound to an exact keyboard serial number, but to a user account. You had to use email and password to open it in YEM. After this, you could install it on any device, supporting the format. So all my PSR packs could be installed in my Genos, as long as I remember my password.

The files used now are not bound to an account, but are bound a keyboard type. Now we don't need our email/password to open it, and we can give it to friends without having to give them our password. But now PSR-packs are bound to PSR keyboards and cannot be used for Genos.

So why should we download the new files? For the the case that we forget our password, or Yamaha stops the password authentication server. Then the old files cannot be used any longer. So for any case, save the new files.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Bachus

« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2020, 02:44:55 PM »
Anyone figured out how the coding of those zip files you download works?

Is there a logic behind those YCJ .....  VZ codes that allows you to indentify what kind of pack it is?

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2020, 02:59:01 PM »
.... You had to use email and password to open it in YEM.

I've never had to do it that way. Probably different between different models. 🤔
With T4 or Genos, just imported the instrument id-file direct into YEM and add pacs from PC folder.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

tyrosman

« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2020, 06:07:23 PM »
Previously, one Free Package came with the purchase of a keyboard. So I got a ppf. It can also be installed in Genos.
Now all Packs are free and come in the form of * .cpf. They only apply to a specific model.
i do not no how you done this im having the same trouble both the CPF files do not even load into the yem they do not exsist for genos

tyrosman

« Reply #491 on: July 29, 2020, 06:08:12 PM »
Genos cpf packages do not load into my yem  >:(
"The Pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capale of using this Pack"
What on earth ???? Version is V2.6.0

Esa
  it says the same on my YEM as well

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #492 on: July 29, 2020, 06:20:52 PM »
Yes, Entertainer Pack and also Euro Dance does not exist for Genos. I hope Yamaha will correct that.

Ckobu
FYI 
I downloaded from the Yamaha website and installed the EuroDance pack into Genos and it is working fine.   I used the EuroDance SX900SX700.ppf . . . loaded into YEM, created the cpi and installed into Genos.    I have tested it --not exhaustively-- it seems to be working fine for me.

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 06:24:20 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline ckobu

« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2020, 06:33:23 PM »
I do not know. Everything I downloaded for the SX700 / 900 is in cpf format. And it doesn’t go into the Genos Pack.

The "old" EuroDance.ppf made for the S970 can be entered in the Genos Pack.

But it doesn’t matter because it’s obviously the same or very similar content.

Bachus

« Reply #494 on: July 30, 2020, 08:34:41 PM »
I do not know. Everything I downloaded for the SX700 / 900 is in cpf format. And it doesn’t go into the Genos Pack.

The "old" EuroDance.ppf made for the S970 can be entered in the Genos Pack.

But it doesn’t matter because it’s obviously the same or very similar content.

I got it all done today for my Genos
Every Genos pack is in my Yem..
Also got 1 T5 pack (indian worship styles) that worked in Yem for Genos.

I ended up with one empty pack (Romanian 2)
I didn’t find the Genos Alpen pack, but think thats part of the V2.0 expansion
Whats missing seems to be the entertainer packs, both of them and the entertainer styles pack..

Will not be able to upload to the Genos till i am home again next week..

Offline Toril S

« Reply #495 on: July 30, 2020, 10:50:15 PM »
Has anyone from Norway been able to download anything. It doesn't work for me. I get a message, wrong country code, and a message that the selected pages cannot be found.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #496 on: July 30, 2020, 11:29:03 PM »
I have done according to the helpful post of ckubu. Found the packs, added them to shopping cart, then I get the message: Invalid country code, and when I look in the shopping cart it gives me the happy message: You have no items in your shopping cart. How do I add this country code for Norway then?? Never heard of anything like it! Everyone getting those free packs, and here I sit, with a long nose and a big disappointment.....
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:42:27 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #497 on: July 31, 2020, 12:16:29 AM »
Even sending a message to Yamaha Support was NOT easy. The form kept stating that my phone number was invalid, so I had to add fake digits for the form to accept it. Same with zip code. We don't have those in Norway, so I had to fabricate one. After many, many tries I was able to send a message asking for help from Yamaha. YAMAHA, THIS IS NO GOOD!
Now I am really angry, yes, maybe not a feeling to be proud of, but nevertheless I am boiling with frustration.
Thanks to all that tried to help :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline overover

« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2020, 12:42:17 AM »
Hi Toril,

"ZIP code" means "Postal code" here. Wikipedia says in Norway you have a 4-digit "postnummer":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_codes_in_Norway

I recommend you  to click on "Address Book" in your MusicSoft account, and click on "Change Billing Address".

Set the "Country" to "Norway" and fill in the other necessary fields (which have a red asterisk), including the "ZIP / Postal Code" field. Click "Save Address" button.

If there is also a "Default Shipping Address", do the same changes here.

Click on "Account Information". IF there should be a DIFFERENT entry in the "ZIP Code" field here, simply type in the right code (same as in your Address) and click on SAVE button.

Now you should no longer get annoying messages like "Invalid Country Code".

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:51:09 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online fozzie

« Reply #499 on: July 31, 2020, 08:37:00 AM »
Hi Toril!
ZIP code try 0000
It worked for me in Sweden

/fozzie
Ketron Audya-76, Korg PA5X, Yamaha Genos, Ketron SD 90,  Ketron SD1000, Zoom R-24, Zoom H2n, Guitars, Amps, Band in a box 2023 audiophile, Ipad PRO with Auria and iConnect AUDIO4 interface, etc. etc.