Author Topic: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free  (Read 113418 times)

Offline Misu

Re: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free
« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2020, 03:32:21 PM »
Thats what I did. I loaded the Genos ID.
Similar happens to me with traditional pack received by the keyboard store. Fortunately I don't care about.
I receive CPF and CPI, in time, after the version of YEM has change, CPI still work in keyboard but CPF can't be loaded in YEM so my personal opinion is
CPF are not recognized by the new version of YEM only work with the same version used to by create.
All my packs are PPF if you really need something and I have let me a message.
Regards.
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline sunny

« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2020, 06:13:52 PM »
Sure! I have uploaded my PPF packs here --> https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap_lPbsw3Hw3gSDN0uIS8iUb-Ens?e=dGBal9
It seems that S670 / S770 / S970 PPF versions work very good with Genos.

This is strange. I've installed the Indian Entertainer pack (S770 / S970 version) into my Genos without problems. Check my link, I have uploaded it, maybe you can try again, otherwise it seems that YEM allows Genos but not Tyros 5.

Do you mean that YEM crashes? Uhm, it should show you an import error message if the pack(s) are not compatible with your keyboard, but if it closes itself sounds like a SW error. Do you have the latest YEM version installed?

Hi Francesco,
I tried loading Indian Entertainer Pack into YEM for Tyros5, the voices are not getting ticked, you can see how Yamaha cleverly playing trick by not allowing Indian expansion packs to be used on Tyros 5 .

Sunny

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Toril S

« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2020, 06:16:25 PM »
Ehy not? I love Indian music. Hope they fix that!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #403 on: July 23, 2020, 08:41:49 PM »
I tried loading Indian Entertainer Pack into YEM for Tyros5, the voices are not getting ticked, you can see how Yamaha cleverly playing trick by not allowing Indian expansion packs to be used on Tyros 5. ...

Hi Sunny,

the Voices of certain Packs that cannot used on Tyros5 use Preset Waveforms that are not available on Tyros5 (but only on newer models like PSR-S97x, S77x, PSR-SX and Genos).

To my knowledge, there is no workaround or "hack" to can install those non-compatible Voices on Tyros5, at the moment. :(

P.S.
Maybe Caspar (ckobu) can say a little more about this. I have seen some posts of him on this topic in other keyboard forums.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:46:44 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline PAFF

« Reply #404 on: July 23, 2020, 08:53:29 PM »
I finally got the YEM to accept the cpf format. I reinstalled YEM three times and reloaded
the Genos ID  4 times before I got it working.I think there was a problem getting the
YEM to accept the GENOS ID.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:54:31 PM by PAFF »

Mike2

« Reply #405 on: July 23, 2020, 09:05:24 PM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I am so tired of this thread. Are there NO limits. How many voices, styles, and wishes does one need to be happy with what they have, in my case the Genos Keyboard. I can tweak, edit styles, and voices to no end. So with that said, I cannot understand wanting more, unless one has totally exhausted their keyboard styles, and voice options, and everything else it has to offer.  I understand people love new sounds, styles, and whatever, I enjoy new styles and voices as well, but in the end it's all about playing and enjoying oneself. I fail to understand the cravings which is what it all sounds to me as being. But once again, everyone has the right to continue this thread if in the end, it enhances their keyboard skills, enjoyment and satisfies whatever void they are experiencing with their keyboard. I being a self taught musician would rather hear more threads about the skills that I can achieve with my keyboard and enjoy what I already have.

Offline thomas750

« Reply #406 on: July 23, 2020, 09:32:16 PM »
hi guys
i just downloads many packs from yamaha it works great on this moment very fast downloading

thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

RagJose

« Reply #407 on: July 23, 2020, 10:32:35 PM »
I don't know about everyone else...

You're right in that this thread got a bit tiring, Mike, but I blame it on the many problems encountered in trying to get the advertised free packs until they became finally available.

Concerning the motivation for the packs itself, in my view the Expansions deliver ready-to-use Styles and voices that do complement the internal assortment, particularly regional ones for Users "off the mainstream".  I found quite appealing ones in the Brazilian pack which will save me a lot of time in assembling/tweaking/editing.  This ultimately leads to the enjoyment that you mentioned.  Cheers!

José

Offline marcodg

« Reply #408 on: July 23, 2020, 11:42:41 PM »
Hi everyone,
The Website is very fast now so I could download all the pack and all of them have 3 version, T5,T5-76 and Genos exept of Entertainer 2016 and Eurodance2016.
There are not in these last 2 pack Genos version. Did i miss something or i downloaded the wrong files ?
Thanks for replies
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #409 on: July 24, 2020, 03:05:45 AM »
I for one am very happy and grateful about this thread.   I learned a lot and managed to download several packs into Genos.  It seems that every time i get to this thread there is something new and useful for me.

I doubt that I will ever use all 100% of the new packs and contents . . . but that is not my expectation.   However, this enhances the future re-sell value of the Genos keyboard.

Thanks Yamaha and the members of this forum that shared the news and their knowledge.  Special thanks to Teknoss the member that placed the first post of this thread lettings us all know about this tremendous Yamaha offer.

Have a great day. 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #410 on: July 24, 2020, 08:00:04 AM »
Please, could someone in Europe put a direct link to the pack download page?. It seems kind of basic, sorry, but I have been unable to find it. I guess probably something has changed on Yamaha Europe site since my last visit months ago!

Stay safe!

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

Offline Esa

« Reply #411 on: July 24, 2020, 09:04:11 AM »

The European link is not working

Esa

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #412 on: July 24, 2020, 09:07:53 AM »

Esa

OK, thanks. I was feeling pretty dumb being unable to locate it  ;)

I have been able to log-in on US server and buy  ;D all free packs. I guess it is also a way to deal with this, but of course my account there is not the same as the EU one.

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

« Reply #413 on: July 24, 2020, 12:55:01 PM »
Can someone please help me? I own a Yamaha PSR-SX700 and downloaded the Middle East premium package, but I couldn't install it because Genos and Tyros don't allow it externally. I would be very glad if you export the cpf file used on other keyboards of this package.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #414 on: July 24, 2020, 01:02:46 PM »
CPF files must be loaded into the YEM first and then you make up an install file on USB to import into your keyboard.

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #415 on: July 24, 2020, 01:20:17 PM »

Looks like it mostly works OK at the US shop-site now. 👍 
Lots of free goodies for the Yammieusers that not has bought before Yamaha did this 'give away' stunt. 😊 
But, Yamaha could do this in a easier way, i.e. if they uploaded free packs to the same site as OS upgrades and free packs such as the audiofiles and manuals is to find.
Then it could be categorized for each model, they could keep the sales site for only the 'buyware' and it would be much more simple for the users. 👌

Anyway, have fun explore the goodies!
Cheers 🥂
GJ

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #416 on: July 24, 2020, 02:01:46 PM »

While the former European site https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/ has been closed, the link is still working and redirects you to the US site https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/downloadables-world. This site fails to support other countries besides the US, the past teaches us that we should be prepared to wait for months (not weeks) for a fully functional site.
Regards, Michael

Offline overover

« Reply #417 on: July 24, 2020, 02:13:53 PM »
Can someone please help me? I own a Yamaha PSR-SX700 and downloaded the Middle East premium package, but I couldn't install it because Genos and Tyros don't allow it externally. I would be very glad if you export the cpf file used on other keyboards of this package.

Hi Mega Voice,

Premium Packs are only available for Tyros models and Genos, and because they are always in the protected .cpf format, there is no way to use those Packs on other models (like PSR-S or SX).

Please take a look to these free Local Packs for the PSR-A3000. These Packs are in the (non protected) .ppf format and should can be used also with the SX700.

https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-a3000/vse.html#product-tabs

The only thing is that some of these Packs are relativlely big, so maybe you have to deselect some content (in the YEM) when using with the SX700.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #418 on: July 24, 2020, 02:24:03 PM »
To whom it may concern... I'm happy to report that today download from the US site works perfectly here, even big packs of some 700 MB do work at a reasonable download speed of 5 MB/s. Good job, Yamaha!
Regards, Michael

Offline marcodg

« Reply #419 on: July 24, 2020, 09:46:11 PM »
Entertainer2016 and Eurodance2016 doesn't have Genos CPF and not working on Genos.

Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline overover

« Reply #420 on: July 24, 2020, 10:21:14 PM »
Entertainer2016 and Eurodance2016 doesn't have Genos CPF and not working on Genos.

Yes, they still have problems with some Packs. "Entertainer 2016 for Tyros5 / Genos" is a wrong file. (It's the "old" Tyros5 Entertainer version, containing only 10 Styles.)

Same with "Eurodance 2016 for Tyros5 / Genos". It obviously contains only the "old" Eurodance version for Tyros5 at the moment.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:32:10 PM by overover »

Offline marcodg

« Reply #421 on: July 24, 2020, 10:54:35 PM »
Yes, they still have problems with some Packs. "Entertainer 2016 for Tyros5 / Genos" is a wrong file. (It's the "old" Tyros5 Entertainer version, containing only 10 Styles.)

Same with "Eurodance 2016 for Tyros5 / Genos". It obviously contains only the "old" Eurodance version for Tyros5 at the moment.

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks for your reply.
Could someone please share these two Packs for Genos since there are free now ?
Regards

Offline overover

« Reply #422 on: July 24, 2020, 11:09:10 PM »
Thanks for your reply.
Could someone please share these two Packs for Genos since there are free now ?
Regards

This will probably not work, because the previous (payed) versions of these Packs were "ID encrypted", to my knowledge. Such Packs work on one specific keyboard only.

The current (free) versions of Tyros5 and Genos Packs are also in the protected .cpf format, but they are NOT "ID encrypted". This means, such a "new" (free) Pack for Tyros5 now will work on ANY Tyros5, but not on a Genos (and vice versa).

I'm afraid we will have to wait for Yamaha to fix the "wrong" download file issue for the affected packs ...

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 11:22:53 PM by overover »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #423 on: July 24, 2020, 11:24:41 PM »
When the European site is up I want to install a pack with scat voices on my PSR-S975. Could you please recommand a pack?
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Pino

« Reply #424 on: July 25, 2020, 03:50:58 AM »
I was going to buy a new Yamaha motorbike but after seeing all this absolute mess here I will stay with Honda.

What is YAMAHA playing at in front of the whole world.?

Pino

Offline GUILLERMO

« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2020, 04:06:36 AM »

Hello, I live in Mexico and went to the Yamaha music soft site in the USA and downloaded several expansion packs without problem. Do not wait for an email with information, look in your library of the page and there are the packages to download them. Regards!

Offline ton37

« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2020, 07:05:27 AM »
I was going to ...

Pino
I  wouldnot be surprised that, due to worlds bad economy, it could be Yamaha Music Devision ..... EOL, like Technics some years ago
My best regards,
Ton

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2020, 09:16:37 AM »
I was going to buy a new Yamaha motorbike but after seeing all this absolute mess here I will stay with Honda.

Pino

This is so silly... You are mixing apples and oranges IMHO
Jose Gavila

Offline mikf

« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2020, 10:40:47 AM »
Are expansion packs available for CVPs - I cant find any?
mike

Pino

« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »
Yamaha, a world wide, respectable, Japanese company,
I was just expecting a higher standard than this.
Sorry if it upset you, Jose

Pino

Offline EileenL

« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
Covid has affected them just as much as anyone else and a lot are probably working from home and these problems will be solved in due course.
Hi Toryl there are no scat packs to my Knowledge Just the vocal pack which works well with Carpenter type music.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #431 on: July 25, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »
Thanks Eileen😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Bachus

« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2020, 04:12:24 PM »
Covid has affected them just as much as anyone else and a lot are probably working from home and these problems will be solved in due course.
Hi Toryl there are no scat packs to my Knowledge Just the vocal pack which works well with Carpenter type music.

Not really, ICT (and this is ICT) should not have any impact by corona, as everything can be done remotely from where ever you are...   anyway, my personal productivity is much higher working from the home, as i do not have to continuously answer questions from people dropping in at the office..   and meetings are a lot more efficient using tools  like msteams..

Offline ckobu

« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2020, 04:57:54 PM »
I made a video with the process of downloading Packs. If someone has still failed to download the material, this tutorial may help.

https://youtu.be/9Im1h_GCIyM
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline jugge

« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2020, 06:47:34 PM »
Does anyone have a list of packs  available for Genos? When I did a search for "Genos", some packs like the Vintage Synth didn't come up in the search, so I am not sure how I can filter for packs that are available and work on Genos.

Thanks
/Jugge
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline Esa

« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »
Everything seems to be messed up ...
whether it would be time for Yamaha to wake up for problem.

Sorry my english....

Esa
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 07:24:19 PM by Esa »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »
Does anyone have a list of packs  available for Genos? When I did a search for "Genos", some packs like the Vintage Synth didn't come up in the search, so I am not sure how I can filter for packs that are available and work on Genos.

Thanks
/Jugge

I downloaded one by one and set aside these packages for Genos.

Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: vanzee, jugge

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2020, 11:05:46 PM »
CKobu

that is a very good list.    Thanks.

Comparing my downloads to your list .  . . i also downloaded the packages voices AltoSax and BaritoneSax for Genos and installed into the Genos keyboard .   . . .I was expecting a Sax voice/instrument however, when searching for a voice i do not find any Sax voices in these package . . . .. did you test . . . . ?

I believe there is no Sax voice in either of these two packages .   . . . my question for everyone else that downloaded the Sax packages . . . how do you use these two packages ?  what can you do with it ?

thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 12:44:04 AM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: jugge

Offline ckobu

« Reply #438 on: July 25, 2020, 11:12:57 PM »
You’re right, those two Packs only have a Registration Bank that activates Preset Voice.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:14:10 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Mega Voice

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2020, 04:05:58 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation.

Those 2 packs  AltoSax and BaritoneSax for Genos do not contain any Sax voices . . . . only a couple of registrations which are of no use to me . . . . So,  will proceed to delete the two packages.

Thanks and have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2020, 09:58:44 AM »
There is no point in trying to download premium SA2 voices for Genos, since Genos V2 includes them all anyway.

John

Offline Esa

« Reply #441 on: July 26, 2020, 09:59:44 AM »
Genos cpf packages do not load into my yem  >:(
"The Pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capale of using this Pack"
What on earth ???? Version is V2.6.0

Esa

Offline PAFF

« Reply #442 on: July 26, 2020, 01:38:02 PM »
I had rhe same problem Esa. Delete Genos from YEM  and reload the Genos ID.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #443 on: July 26, 2020, 02:01:59 PM »
This is because we have those voices already in Genos.

Offline overover

« Reply #444 on: July 26, 2020, 03:03:33 PM »
Genos cpf packages do not load into my yem  >:(
"The Pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capale of using this Pack"
What on earth ???? Version is V2.6.0

Esa

Hi Esa,

yes, as already suggested by PAFF:

Delete the current Genos Install Target in YEM. Then export your Instrument Info file (.n27) from your Genos again and import it into YEM as new Install Target. (Genos must be updated to Version 2.02 before!)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 03:04:44 PM by overover »

Offline sunny

« Reply #445 on: July 26, 2020, 07:19:25 PM »
Hi Esa,

yes, as already suggested by PAFF:

Delete the current Genos Install Target in YEM. Then export your Instrument Info file (.n27) from your Genos again and import it into YEM as new Install Target. (Genos must be updated to Version 2.02 before!)

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,
I got Same error  when i loaded Indian Tals pack on Tyros5 as
"The Pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this Pack"

Will it work for Tyros 5 also when i delete Tyros5 and reinstall again ?

Thanks,
Sunny

Offline sunny

« Reply #446 on: July 26, 2020, 07:25:17 PM »
Hi Sunny,

the Voices of certain Packs that cannot used on Tyros5 use Preset Waveforms that are not available on Tyros5 (but only on newer models like PSR-S97x, S77x, PSR-SX and Genos).

To my knowledge, there is no workaround or "hack" to can install those non-compatible Voices on Tyros5, at the moment. :(

P.S.
Maybe Caspar (ckobu) can say a little more about this. I have seen some posts of him on this topic in other keyboard forums.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,
 Does it mean that Indian expansion packs which are compatible with PSR SX900 expansion packs are also compatible with Genos keyboard ?

Sunny

Bachus

« Reply #447 on: July 26, 2020, 09:04:21 PM »
I downloaded one by one and set aside these packages for Genos.

Seems still some packs are missing? Like the entertainer pack?

Offline ckobu

« Reply #448 on: July 26, 2020, 09:16:05 PM »
Hi Chris,
 Does it mean that Indian expansion packs which are compatible with PSR SX900 expansion packs are also compatible with Genos keyboard ?

Sunny

@overover is right. Tyros5 cannot use Preset Waveform from newer models. Genos can. Pictured is the Pack (* .ppf) made with Genos sounds and they are gray if we select Tyros5 as the Instal Target.

But now that we have the * .cpf Free Pack, we can only use the model for which the Pack was created. For example, a Pack made for Tyros 5 cannot be entered in Genos.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:17:14 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline ckobu

« Reply #449 on: July 26, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »
Seems still some packs are missing? Like the entertainer pack?
This is all I was able to download and successfully install in Genos. I believe new Packs will be added to the Shop. For now, I'm using the Entertainer Pack (ppf) from the psr s970.
Watch my video channel