Author Topic: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free  (Read 113411 times)

Offline Al Ram

Re: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free
« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2020, 05:56:19 PM »
Well,  I would like to thank Teknoss, for the first post on this thread . . . . for providing the info and link in advance . . . .

I also would like to thank Yamaha for this unexpected gift.   I have managed to download 6 new packs that are now into my Genos Expansion area. . . . this should increase the keyboard re-sale value . . .  yes, i had to wait a bit. . . . .  with some frustration along the way . . . . . 

Yes, the yamaha site was frustrating but i think part of the problem was that we were all trying to 'buy' stuff at same time. The web site is not prepared for a buying rush like this, I can understand it because normally they probably sell one or two a day if that much.

Then the downloading was also frustrating with the error messages, etc. same issue. . . an unexpected number of people downloading at same time . . . . . but just keep trying, it is free . . . 

Of course the Yamaha Expansion Manager is not a walk in the park. . . but again it is free and once you kind of understand it,  it works fine.  (not sure that i completely understand it, but it worked for my purposes).

In the end, the way I look at it . . . . it was free . . . . for me well worth the work i had to do.  I put in maybe 5-8 hours here and there for almost one thousand US dollars in value .. . . . . not bad.

This is only my opinion/comments and do not in any way intent to discount any comments to the contrary. 

Greetings Everyone. 

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 05:58:52 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: Teknoss

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #251 on: July 05, 2020, 06:04:19 PM »
Now one last question,  i still have a couple of SME files pending . . . .do not know what to do with these SME files  .  .  . . .anyone ?

I also have one CPF file . . . . for the Latin South Europe pack for which i got an YEM error message.. .  maybe this one is not compatible with Genos ?

anyone had a chance to figure it out ?

Thanks everyone
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #252 on: July 05, 2020, 06:33:51 PM »
Now one last question,  i still have a couple of SME files pending . . . .do not know what to do with these SME files  .  .  . . .anyone ?

Take a look at ugawoga's post above in this thread.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »
Gunnar Johnny

thanks a lot for your response . . . . i looked at Ugawoga's post like you suggested . . . i found this response from him (see below).  Not sure if this is the comment you are referring to but it does not answer my question.  He is referring to T5 and T4, i do have a Genos.

Anyway, thanks

p.s. i think this thread is getting too long to find anything easily . . . i guess i can start a new post with my question(s).   Thanks again . . . .

Hi
This is reply from Yamaha about SME and Genos -- "What about the Genos???
Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me.    For the Tyros 5, they are irrelevant, and can be deleted if you so wish.   
If you also own a Tyros 4, you will need to load the license key into it prior to loading the sme files.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kindest Regards,
Donald

Ps How do you load the licence key??

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:52:07 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2020, 09:05:55 PM »
He is referring to T5 and T4, i do have a Genos.

Yes, I did notice that too. As you, I have Genos, and even when I had T4 I never did see any .sme files when download from the shop.
I can see in some of the Genos files downloaded that the .sme filetype is there too.
I think there is a mistake done by Yamaha, and that it will be corrected when they discover it. 🤔
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2020, 09:26:20 PM »
Hi
What the Yamaha guy said is what you read.
The licence Key is for the Genos as that is what i asked about and what to do with the key ,  but got that sketchy email back.
I do think someone has made a BOO BOO!!
If you load things like that in ,the firmware might go BANG!! ::)Lol
Anyway life goes on

All the Best
John :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:34:15 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

andy_v

« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2020, 11:40:09 PM »
I can't make head or tail of the reply from the Donald - can you?!

Offline DerekA

« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2020, 10:36:58 AM »
Nobody knows what to do with the SME files. It's almost certainly a mistake in the site and we should be getting CPF files.

It's a bit sad, though, that there's not even a message on the site to say that there's a problem with the downloads. It would be better to remove them until they are fixed.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #258 on: July 06, 2020, 02:26:15 PM »
SME files hold information only and are best deleted. Can we pleased now go onto a different subject.
This one has been done to death.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 02:28:00 PM by EileenL »

tyrosman

« Reply #259 on: July 06, 2020, 02:41:49 PM »
well said Eileen i think enough is enough >:(

The following users thanked this post: Richard001

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2020, 03:44:34 PM »
SME files hold information only and are best deleted. Can we pleased now go onto a different subject.
This one has been done to death.

All datafiles holds information, and if look to .sme, some are as huge as the addonpacks, and the only file except the txt file with the key insie the download.
It may be so it's much talked about, and that's perfectly legal.
My theory is that Yamaha has messed it up, and that it is a encrypted filetype Yamaha use internal before ditribute as the usual formats.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #261 on: July 06, 2020, 03:57:37 PM »
"If It is all about you , what about SME"!! ;D ::) :P
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 04:01:00 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »
I expect the SMEKEY is needed to create the 'personal datablock' that has to be inserted in the header.

That make sence. When buy a pack at store, it will be loaded with our instrument ID, and most likely it's automaticly generated in 'persobnal' pack before we can download.
It's probably the header missing and difference between .sme and .cpf?
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline sunny

« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2020, 06:28:28 PM »

I also have one CPF file . . . . for the Latin South Europe pack for which i got an YEM error message.. .  maybe this one is not compatible with Genos ?

anyone had a chance to figure it out ?

Thanks everyone

I downloaded Indian Taals pack, when i try to load into YEM for my Tyros5 , The error message getting as " This pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this pack".

What a disappointment !

Sunny
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:32:54 PM by sunny »

Offline soryt

« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2020, 10:49:48 AM »
Get a nice answer from Yamaha :

We've noticed that some of the packs were downloading in the SME format and our team is working to resolve this.  You should be receiving CPF files when downloading.  Please try your download again and if you continue to see the SME file, let us know which pack you are having trouble with.

We apologize that your orders aren't showing on the account yet.  Please be patient while we work on importing all of your previous orders.  We're hoping to have the orders available in the next couple weeks. 

Our understanding is that the YEM software will still continue to be used for expansion pack installations and that expansion packs are still being developed.

8)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

The following users thanked this post: Gunnar Jonny

dflstarry

« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2020, 11:40:45 AM »
The 2 files I just tried to down load is still SME files.
Euro & US Organ & Best of Europe
Thank You

Offline EileenL

« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2020, 12:21:56 PM »
Why keep trying when they are telling you it will take a couple of weeks to get everything running properly. just play your keyboard and enjoy.

The following users thanked this post: GUILLERMO

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2020, 02:24:05 PM »
kindly someone can tell me what I should insert under zip ... just out of curiosity ...
I gave up downloading the packs that interested me Italy and Iberia ...
Can anyone make these two packs available?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 02:27:00 PM by Aquilauno »

Bachus

« Reply #268 on: July 07, 2020, 04:03:06 PM »
kindly someone can tell me what I should insert under zip ... just out of curiosity ...
I gave up downloading the packs that interested me Italy and Iberia ...
Can anyone make these two packs available?

Zip code, refers to the area you live in..
We also use them in the Netherlands

Seems the EU website is gone..
We only have these files available now on the US website
Not a problem..
But then the US website has not addapted to this..

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2020, 04:09:59 PM »
LISTEN TO WHAT EILEEN SAID :P :)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2020, 04:47:01 PM »
LISTEN TO WHAT EILEEN SAID :P :)

It's the greed factor for something FREE. Some people will grab ANYTHING that is for FREE even if they never use it! It's also compulsive addictive behavior like looking at your cell phone every five minutes.

:D

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2020, 04:53:54 PM »
It's also compulsive addictive behavior like looking at your cell phone every five minutes.

Yeah, as well as when look into PSR Tutorial a couple of times every day. 😁😁😁
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
But then the US website has not addapted to this..

And for those of us that already have bought most of the addons, the trade history and possibilities to redownload no longer present.
We'll see, but I have a bad feeling that tells me that the EU-site won't be reopened......... 🤔
Cheers 🥂
GJ

tyrosman

« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2020, 05:09:02 PM »
 :D :D ;D

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2020, 05:36:33 PM »
Thank you Bachus was the numeric code of the country ... and I completed the registration.
I managed to enter (on the American site) and I am downloading. If I can I will make the other packages available at this point but it is very slow...
I files are in ppf, ppi, cpf (in .sme the Genos Pack) and are for various keyboards (A2000, A3000, S670, S770, S970 and so on )  in short, a collection.
is it right is not right for who bought this ..? ... why?
I had to redo the registration on the site maybe Yamaha needed to encourage this.

I believe that Yamaha  needed test the site and what better than free packages. This reminded me of when albums and stickers gratis, were given in front of the school in Italy. There were mothers of  family who were fighting for them .. lol (far 1975 45 years ago ... nothing changed lol ...)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:59:34 PM by Aquilauno »

dflstarry

« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »
Why keep trying when they are telling you it will take a couple of weeks to get everything running properly. just play your keyboard and enjoy.

Hi: Eileen, this is why I tried to down load again. Thank You

"We've noticed that some of the packs were downloading in the SME format and our team is working to resolve this.  You should be receiving CPF files when downloading.   (Please try your download again and if you continue to see the SME file, let us know which pack you are having trouble with.)"

This was posted just before I tried to down load them, Thought I was helping, maybe not though.

Denny
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 06:40:04 PM by dflstarry »

Bachus

« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »
And for those of us that already have bought most of the addons, the trade history and possibilities to redownload no longer present.
We'll see, but I have a bad feeling that tells me that the EU-site won't be reopened......... 🤔

Well, as long as that doesn’t mean they will be closing Yamaha EU development team down too?
I can live with a good working US side..  as long as in a few weeks its working full featured
Time will tell..

Offline Wim

« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2020, 12:38:20 AM »
When I read this thread I get the idea that most of you already have forgotten the time we went true and in some countries still are. That people were not allowed to go out for there work. I think the Yamaha company in the USA had the same problem. And seeing the situation there they may still have. So get things ready in the next week??

regards Wim
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:44:01 AM by Wim »

Offline soryt

« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2020, 11:46:13 AM »
New reply i get from Yamaha ,

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to us.  I'll be sure that our developers know that these packs are producing the wrong file types.

Please allow us some time to correct the issue and you'll be able to download the correct format for the packs.
 I'll note your email address and will let you know if we receive confirmation that this issue is fixed. Quote .

So we must have patience  8)

Soneg

Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

tyrosman

« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »
get a grip every one please leave the site alone and let the guyes get it sorted >:( as it says on the tin  2weeks the guyes have enough to Do >:(

Offline ckobu

« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2020, 05:46:00 PM »
Thanks @Pietro. I downloaded the entire content and everything went fine. Unfortunately, SA voices for Genos are in * .sme but I believe Yamaha will fix that quickly.
Watch my video channel

Bachus

« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2020, 06:54:03 PM »
get a grip every one please leave the site alone and let the guyes get it sorted >:( as it says on the tin  2weeks the guyes have enough to Do >:(

A little stir on the web does help to keep them motivated..
If noboddy complained.. they would probably just leave it at this..

But then, now we have the answer : two weeks..
I dont think continous complaining helps much..

So its best to wait for 2 more weeks and see how it improves
And if the problems continue..  become vocal again..

But i agree, for now, it does not help..
See you all in 2 weeks, either as a happy camper or a grumpy 😡 old man..
The choice is up to Yamaha..

Offline chony

« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2020, 06:56:13 PM »
I can't seem to find the entertainer packs 1 and 2 on the website? Does anyone know the status with those?

Bachus

« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2020, 06:58:03 PM »
I can't seem to find the entertainer packs 1 and 2 on the website? Does anyone know the status with those?

It says, just wait 2 weeks...
There is probably no answers till then

Mike2

« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2020, 11:10:31 PM »
What the **** is this back and forth all about? Doesn't anyone play their keyboards anymore. Is this free or when is it free. I have had my Genos for 2 years, and their is so much that I haven't even discovered yet. I also love new styles and sounds...but I think this obsession which is my own opinion, is not healthy 
for most keyboard players. If you are waiting for sound improvements, just think after this Yamaha expansion problem is solved, their will be another down the road. I think technology has made us all very anxious to the point , that we cannot focus on the blessings that we have in front of us in our keyboards. But if this is what keyboard playing is all about for you, go for it. You will always be expecting better, and better, and missing what you already have.
My 2 cents worth.....

Offline balcino

« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2020, 11:59:27 PM »
Thanks a lot Pietro !!!

Spiros!!!
Spiros
SX700 - PA700 - OR700 - PA300

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #286 on: July 09, 2020, 12:25:10 AM »
What the **** is this back and forth all about? Doesn't anyone play their keyboards anymore. Is this free or when is it free. I have had my Genos for 2 years, and their is so much that I haven't even discovered yet. I also love new styles and sounds...but I think this obsession which is my own opinion, is not healthy 
for most keyboard players. If you are waiting for sound improvements, just think after this Yamaha expansion problem is solved, their will be another down the road. I think technology has made us all very anxious to the point , that we cannot focus on the blessings that we have in front of us in our keyboards. But if this is what keyboard playing is all about for you, go for it. You will always be expecting better, and better, and missing what you already have.
My 2 cents worth.....

Hi Mike

If you have Sample robot and computer with vst's sounds, there are no problems for the Genos as Sky is the limit with sf2 files.
One outlay of £200 and the rest is history. Sounds will come out of anything.

All the Best
John

Offline sunny

« Reply #287 on: July 09, 2020, 03:03:29 AM »
Don't worry "guys", the wait is over before of two week...
Extra packs have been corrected now. Compressed files (.zip) shared in the link.
I left the files unpacked for SX 700/900 to allow a quick download to who interested only those (in reality nothing is specific for the SX keyboard, the packages are of the various S series) ... Good music at all. Thanks Yamaha I have the packages that I wanted and that I was about to buy (Iberia and Italy) and others that I had in yep format and therefore lacking specific of voices and drumkits. Now no pack give me error in loading.

Pietro

https://mega.nz/folder/biR0ACoB#cEDZMZLExpOLIvjQBwGzHA

I downloaded Indian Taal pack,  for  Tyros5 , The error message getting as " This pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this pack".  Any one tried Indian Taal pack for Tyros5 ?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 03:08:04 AM by sunny »

tyrosman

« Reply #288 on: July 09, 2020, 08:50:55 AM »
the above links do not work at all there for you should remove them the site is still not fixed yet so get a grip here

Offline EileenL

« Reply #289 on: July 09, 2020, 12:15:41 PM »
I have to agree with Mike and I am surprised this thread is still going. Please do spend time exploring what you already have under your finger tips and enjoy just playing. In these hard times we need to get away from stress and what does it better than just sitting and playing the lovely instruments you have already.
I do not think people are interested in sample robot as it has nothing to do with the present subject of Free Packs.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #290 on: July 09, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »
Hi Eilieen and Mike2
So we have to tell Yamaha not to produce expansion packs anymore, much less pay homage to its customers for free ... lol.
Sorry but I don't see where the problem is, nobody is stealing anything. If instead of having them for free you buy them, is this rhetoric still valid? Some people will need these packages to spend hours of light-heartedness and fun, no more or less like having 50000 styles on a USB stick ... will we play them all? Probably not, but all are owners of their own ... USB.  lol
good music to everybody
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:34:01 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #291 on: July 09, 2020, 02:30:02 PM »
If you're not interested in this thread then stop reading it - leave the rest of us to our complaining :)

To quote Mrs Doyle "Maybe we like the misery" :):)
Genos

PdeMats

« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2020, 02:53:28 PM »
Don't worry "guys", the wait is over before of two week...
Extra packs have been corrected now. Compressed files (.zip) shared in the link.
I left the files unpacked for SX 700/900 to allow a quick download to who interested only those (in reality nothing is specific for the SX keyboard, the packages are of the various S series) ... Good music at all. Thanks Yamaha I have the packages that I wanted and that I was about to buy (Iberia and Italy) and others that I had in yep format and therefore lacking specific of voices and drumkits. Now no pack give me error in loading.

Pietro

https://mega.nz/folder/biR0ACoB#cEDZMZLExpOLIvjQBwGzHA

Hi Aquilauno, thanks for the link
Where can I find the 'Latin American' Pack you have in YEM?
Take care
Cheers

Offline mikf

« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »
All these grand pianos, violins , trumpets and saxophones that havent had a new sound issued to them in 200 years, free or not , - how can anyone enjoy playing them! ;D ;D
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2020, 03:50:05 PM »
I think the point we were making is that many people are getting over heated about not being able to get these packs right now. No where is anyone telling Yamaha not to produce packs. We are just saying relax and wait a couple of weeks until all is working right. In the mean time have some fun with your keyboards.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2020, 05:14:22 PM »
I think the point we were making is that many people are getting over heated about not being able to get these packs right now. No where is anyone telling Yamaha not to produce packs. We are just saying relax and wait a couple of weeks until all is working right. In the mean time have some fun with your keyboards.

Hi Eileen
Since i got wind of Sample Robot i looked at it and pondered for a while and researched.
It is a no brainer for £220.
If you make about three of your own packs ,You have paid for the program. NO BRAINER!!! ::) :P
I have a raft of vst and it copies them perfectly to Sf2  and no messing in Yem . Just a few ups and downs to your liking with the sliders.
With the help of Sokratis and Robinez it is a breeze.
Yamaha packs will be a thing of the past for most of them are just standard sounds.

All the Best
John :)

Offline mikf

« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2020, 05:35:07 PM »
Here is my challenge - play a nice middle of the road song - the sort posted over and over by arranger players -  using the panel voices, stock styles as best you can play it. Then use a vst, expanded pack whatever voices styles you like and play it again. Then spend a week balancing, adding effects etc etc. Now,...... does it really sound that much better??

Mike

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2020, 06:07:17 PM »
Hi PdeMats, this pack is pre-installed (along with 3 other packs) on sx900, it is protected (so it is a .cpf file).
it can be downloaded from the Yamaha website, but you will not be able to install it if you do not own the SX 700/900 ...
But if you owned the"SX700/900" you would already have it
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:19:25 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2020, 06:23:13 PM »
Here is my challenge - play a nice middle of the road song - the sort posted over and over by arranger players -  using the panel voices, stock styles as best you can play it. Then use a vst, expanded pack whatever voices styles you like and play it again. Then spend a week balancing, adding effects etc etc. Now,...... does it really sound that much better??

Mike

What "Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap!!  ::) "definitely Middle of  the Road" ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:33:37 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2020, 06:34:12 PM »
Please keep in mind . . .

1. Some people are not necessarily downloading the packs to play them all now . . . . but . . . this is also, to enhance the future re-sale value of their keyboard(s).

2. Due to confinment, some people have more than usual free time . . . (confinment seems to be over in many parts in Europe but still going-on in many other places).

I have learned a long time ago that people will do whatever they feel like doing . . . if they want to play then great if they want to try download great too . . .  that is fine with me.

I am grateful to Yamaha for the free packs and for this thread, everyone's advise and comments. . . .  it really helped me.   

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:49:42 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana