Author Topic: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free  (Read 113433 times)

Offline voodoo

Re: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2020, 10:59:57 AM »
Now it works. i could order (but not download) the Celtic Pack für 0€. And it says:

NOTICE TO MUSICSOFT CUSTOMERS
Please note that some product categories and features are currently disabled while we improve the MusicSoft site experience. We appreciate your patience and expect the site to be fully functional in the next 1-2 weeks. If you have any questions, please contact Yamaha Online Customer Support.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »
Got to see the site for 5 minutes before it crashed again  Only a few at zero $ and its all the ones at least 5 years old 

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2020, 11:10:44 AM »
What a load of codswallop!!

Yamaha are only giving away the useless packs with flags on them.
Might as well go out and buy the Des o Connor collection!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Some will find the site hard to navigate 

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2020, 11:43:05 AM »
Hi John,
  Some people may enjoy these packs as they can't afford to purchase extra's for there keyboards.
You can't tar everyone with the same brush.

The following users thanked this post: TotallyKenny

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2020, 11:46:43 AM »
The site is asking you to update personal info and it seems to only recognise US zip codes   

Offline danand

« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2020, 11:50:07 AM »
Yamaha are only giving away the useless packs with flags on them.

What is "useless" for you maybe is valuable for another user.
If you don't find any value on the packs on promotion just don't get them.
Other users maybe find this material valuable.

Also I really didn't get you "joke" about an artist (Des o Connor)
I personally find it quite disrespectful.
Please keep in mind that "music" is not ONLY what do you like, there are also a few more billions on the planet earth apart you, and maybe they enjoy this artist.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:56:12 AM by danand »

Pino

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »
Danand, don’t be so serious man 😀
Your supposed to be an ‘entertainer’

John is probably right.

Yamaha does not give much away,
Not even a free midi sequencer so that we can edit our midi recordings.

I would be very surprised if we were to have a ‘free and for all’ on all their packs.

Pino 😀

Offline Karlos

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2020, 12:19:14 PM »
The site was working so I had to update my details and then I ordered the Celtic pack.

I am in the UK but my order was accepted  but now checking my order it is marked as pending, and they said tracking info would be emailed to me, I thought it would be a download, oh well we will see what happens.

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2020, 12:48:45 PM »
Karlos   I got stuck at trying to update personal info   kept sending me back to  repeat input No idea why   

Offline Oldden

« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »
US website seems to be up, UK is not. Free stuff very limited and poor choice.

Offline elad770

« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »
Guys, why don't everyone calm down a little bit?  ;D
It seems that you are sitting in front of the computer all the time and refreshing the page every 10 seconds to see what's going on  ;D

Know this: YOU WILL HAVE ALL YAMAHA PACKS AT THE END!
NO WORRIES

Offline Toril S

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2020, 01:12:32 PM »
Thanks Elad😀 I will wait, that is best for the blood pressure😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Bachus

« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2020, 01:39:24 PM »
Now it's online, with a new interface.

EDIT: sorry I haven't read last messages  :-\

And now its in maintenance again..

Looks like very Amateuristic ICT support..
Not what one would expect from a grade A company like Yamaha in 2020..
This all should have been tested toroughly in a safe environment before releasing online..

Offline elad770

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2020, 01:54:39 PM »
Bachus,
I must agree with you!

I don't understand the gap between producing such a great instrument and ALL THE REST - all these tiny issues: Website slow, not working when you say so and other small things that are so surprising to me that Yamaha will still have such terrible practices

The following users thanked this post: marcodg

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2020, 01:56:08 PM »
Hi John,
  Some people may enjoy these packs as they can't afford to purchase extra's for there keyboards.
You can't tar everyone with the same brush.

Hi Eileen
Well it is the baby Boomer in me.
I had to put German Oompah music on our stereogram (remember them) to keep Dad happy so i could get Half an hour of Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. Yamaha has forgotten the prog rocker generation Peace and all that rubbish with a flower in your hair!! ::) ;)

John :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:04:05 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

The following users thanked this post: marcodg

Offline danand

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2020, 02:18:52 PM »
Danand, don’t be so serious man 😀
Your supposed to be an ‘entertainer’

John is probably right.

Yamaha does not give much away,
Not even a free midi sequencer so that we can edit our midi recordings.

I would be very surprised if we were to have a ‘free and for all’ on all their packs.

Pino 😀

I'm not he only supposed 'entertainer' so why don't you try to follow your suggestion and "don’t be so serious"?

If you don't like the promoted material, just don't download it. No one will force you to do so.
If Yamaha or any other company decide to not distribute for free their work just don't buy from them and support by your decision as customer to buy from companies who give-away material you like and value, don't buy from Yamaha!

A quick question: when you buy your Yamaha arranger did they promise you something for free and they don't provide it?
If YES, then you have all the right to protest if NO, then you can accept what they decide to give-away for free otherwise just ignore it and look for companies who can provide for free what is valuable for you.

I also want for free the "BBC Symphony Orchestra Professional" by Spitfire for my Kontakt but they ask me to pay 1000 Euros...
What looser...

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2020, 02:30:03 PM »
Hi Pino

It is maybe our wet humour does not cut it with dry humour.
The hole gets deeper for us AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :P :P :P :P :P ::) ;D

All the best  "sweet nothin's"!!
John ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:31:44 PM by ugawoga »

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2020, 02:48:13 PM »
Know this: YOU WILL HAVE ALL YAMAHA PACKS AT THE END!
it's Yamaha PRODUCED Packs.

Larry   PSR-SX900

Offline ckobu

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2020, 02:53:23 PM »
It only takes a little patience for the web to work. These are Free Packs that we will be able to download.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Bachus

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2020, 02:58:11 PM »
It only takes a little patience for the web to work. These are Free Packs that we will be able to download.

Actually they are packs that where allready free... but regio bound.. i.e. the european pack was free in Europe, the latin pack was free in south america... and so on..

The interesting packs are still to expensive for what they offer,
Which is a pitty, but we will survive...  the Genos is allready a dream to play witouth any packs..

Still maintenance here in eu..
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 03:02:53 PM by Bachus »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2020, 03:11:24 PM »
@Bachus - you're right. Celtic wasn’t free, at least I don’t think he was. This is a screenshot I was able to capture while the web was running. Maybe something other than this will be free, we’ll see.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 03:12:53 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »
They did say all packs so there a lot more to show up.

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2020, 03:21:29 PM »
I can’t add to the cart the saxophones pack :(

Offline elad770

« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
Eileen,

I really want to believe that you are right because if this is ALL they had to give us I would again be disappointed. Their message: "All Premium packs, styles, and voices" built up a completely different expectation from what they actually give away. Most of these packs were free or already circulating in the community. Nothing to brag about! I know you are saying that some people will find them useful but for most of the users who are in this thread, this will be disrespectful to our intelligence. I really, really hope I'm wrong and they will release additional content.

Plus, I don't know if others experienced this but I added all the products to the cart - checked out and nothing happened. The order says pending and didn't receive any link to download. Does anyone already downloaded anything?

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2020, 04:52:35 PM »
Once Again, unless something has changed in the last 24 hours, and as per my phone call to MusicSoft, she stated "Only Yamaha produced Packs will be free" If it doesn't have the Yamaha logo, it's not free. 
Larry   PSR-SX900

Offline elad770

« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2020, 05:06:16 PM »
There's still a very good chance that I'm wrong because everyone is getting information from https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/
In this website, only few packs like previously stated in the picture above are shared. This is where I got my information from.
But Yamahamusicsoft is down which indicates that they are no finished yet! This still gives me hope that many more downloads will be available! Fingers crossed

Offline elad770

« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2020, 05:09:06 PM »

I think or at least want to think that you are mistaken
The Yamahamusicsoft is down for a long time and the information we are getting from other Yamaha sites might not be accurate.
I think there will be much more for us to download

Offline DerekA

« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2020, 05:17:46 PM »
Once Again, unless something has changed in the last 24 hours, and as per my phone call to MusicSoft, she stated "Only Yamaha produced Packs will be free" If it doesn't have the Yamaha logo, it's not free.

The site's a bit of a pig's ear at the moment. Many packs  - Yahama and third party - are are not showing up at all. Some Yamaha branded ones are $0, but others are not. Placing an order gives a promise of an EMail (which hasn't turned up yet). The Pack List links don't work.

You've dropped the ball here Yamaha .... pushed into launching before it was actually ready?
Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2020, 05:32:21 PM »
Hi

The site was always slow and it does not surprise me  what is happening.
It needs a bigger server to cope.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:33:52 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2020, 06:07:41 PM »
I think or at least want to think that you are mistaken
The Yamahamusicsoft is down for a long time and the information we are getting from other Yamaha sites might not be accurate.
I think there will be much more for us to download

Don't count on it. Those of us who have been around for awhile know how Yamaha does business.  This is just a marketing strategy.  Those packs have been offer for free in the past.  Yamaha can't offer 3rd party packs for free.  And the best sellers?  Why should they give them away when people will pay for them?

Your whole concept of open architecture won't work for arranger keyboards as it does for cell phones.  The phone apps are mostly links to websites (bookmarks) or searches for price comparisons on certain products. Yamaha goes through extra efforts to protect the keyboard Operating System. If 3rd party developers were allowed to make "add-ons" it wouldn't be long before the OS would be totally corrupted BIG TIME.

In fact, Yamaha goes through a great lengths to build certain filters (non-native MIDI messages including MSB-LSB-PC that are not used by the keyboard) into the OS to prevent the keyboard from malfunctioning. Another message that is filtered is CC64 Sustain in style Parts.  That is why the keyboards are so reliable. I'm not talking about bugs fixes in the OS... there will always be those. It's the nature of software.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Gill

« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2020, 07:03:55 PM »
Site is up now, but.....

NOTICE TO MUSICSOFT CUSTOMERS
Please note that some product categories and features are currently disabled while we improve the MusicSoft site experience. We appreciate your patience and expect the site to be fully functional in the next 1-2 weeks. If you have any questions, please contact Yamaha Online Customer Support.

There are currently10 regional packs listed for free, like Italy, Europe, Celtic, Latin, etc.  I "bought" several of them.  Not an immediate download apparently.  Waiting on email.

Note that filtering for zero priced items doesn't work.  Just sort by price and the free ones will come to the top.

I'm not sure these are newly free. Seems like I remember some of these were already free, but not positive of that. 

Update - never did get the promised email, but the packs did appear in my library.  Cool!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:01:51 PM by Gill »

Offline Esa

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
Who knows that the page is not a scam with phishing logos ?

regards Esa

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2020, 07:25:56 PM »
A lot of companies-- especially technical companies-- have their employees working remotely from home, so delays and snafus are pretty much par for the course right now.

andy_v

« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2020, 08:14:52 PM »
If you go to
https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/downloadables/sound-expansion-library.html?product_list_order=price
there are currently 10 packs listed for $0.00. One of them is the "premium" Celtic pack.
So I ordered them and they've just appeared in my account library  :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:56:34 PM by andy_v »

Bachus

« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
A lot of companies-- especially technical companies-- have their employees working remotely from home, so delays and snafus are pretty much par for the course right now.

Thats a bad excuse for software upgrades...
Everything is remotely accesible..

I found that working from home is more efficient
No one disturbing me..  allows me to produce more in a shorter time..

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2020, 09:11:45 PM »
Does anyone know the reason why Yamaha is doing this??

It to me means  1-- Yamaha are closing the Arranger keyboards market down like Technics
                           2-- New keyboard on horizon with different format. Maybe a Montage with styles!!

3- Maybe they are being nice !! HOPE!! :) I cannot see this with a business.
The Great Sea Gruff says a lot now working from home ,so it all must be costing money just to do this.
Something is going on ?? behind the scenes.
Like i said "magic comes with a price"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:22:34 PM by ugawoga »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2020, 10:47:36 PM »
I don't think there is anything sinister going on. The site has long needed an update so why not now.
Yamaha has not produced any large packs now for a while the site is full of third party packs.
Probably Yamaha want to concentrate more on there keyboards than produce packs. Some of these voices like the Sax are on Genos now and they just gave us more on the free pack for version 2.

Pino

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2020, 02:29:11 AM »
Eileen is probably right and what further packs can they concentrate on, they have already done the country specific packs and we already have the best of the western music on our keyboards already so they may have run out of road on the pack business,
The same goes for the voices, we probably have the best already and they can see that the future is "making our own voices" through sampling or maybe they just didn’t make any money from it.

I am surprised that Yamaha, a top Japanese company could not get their act together and get this small website together on time, I’m looking at YAMAHA as, if they say 12 o’clock on the 30th, then it will be exactly on time. There shouldn’t be any excuses for this, just not good enough.

I see their keyboard in the same way, they make a good keyboard, we are able to record our songs in midi, but not able to do small edits to the songs, I mean what’s going on with the company,  there are small apps on the App Store that can edit Midi and WAV for just a few $ and the other fact is that they own Steinberg, one of the biggest music software producers in the world.

Maybe there’s a bit of a ‘shake up’ going on right now.

Pino

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2020, 02:56:07 AM »
I just tried the shop.usa  link, and was quickly able to add 20 expansion packs that I see listed for free. I'm not sure, but it appears the order will be delivered by UPS? I printed an order confirmation, status is "PENDING", and it says Yamaha will send an email but I haven't received one just yet.

Some of the items have the same names, but different SKU  -- for example, SA2 Trombone listed twice, with YCJ-VP02-VG, and YCJ-VP02-G1.
With an SX-900, will I be able to even use either of these items?  Since they are SA2 voices?
Thanks, Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

Offline hans1966

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2020, 03:10:20 AM »
Hi Pino, you are right that Yamaha may be looking in the other direction.

The musicsoft website is definitely too slow.

I am very upset since I have wasted all afternoon trying to download only 2 expansion packs, and when it seems that the download is going to be completed, the download starts again, it seems like a loop that does not finish.

Seeing that I was not successful with my 2 packages I decided to log out for today.
Tomorrow we will see if there is luck, otherwise I forget the matter.
Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline hans1966

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2020, 03:17:52 AM »
I just tried the shop.usa  link, and was quickly able to add 20 expansion packs that I see listed for free. I'm not sure, but it appears the order will be delivered by UPS? I printed an order confirmation, status is "PENDING", and it says Yamaha will send an email but I haven't received one just yet.

Some of the items have the same names, but different SKU  -- for example, SA2 Trombone listed twice, with YCJ-VP02-VG, and YCJ-VP02-G1.
With an SX-900, will I be able to even use either of these items?  Since they are SA2 voices?
Thanks, Jerry

Hi Jerry, as far as I know, the premium packages that have SA2 voices are exclusive to Tyros 5 and Genos.
Therefore they are not compatible with SX900.
Regards. Hans

"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2020, 03:31:26 AM »
Hi Jerry, as far as I know, the premium packages that have SA2 voices are exclusive to Tyros 5 and Genos.
Therefore they are not compatible with SX900.
Regards. Hans

OK Hans, thanks, I suspected that would be the case, just wanted to be sure.  Well, I didn't realize it, but I checked my account, and all 20 items were in My Library, and available for download!  The US site is really fast and responsive, I could get download speeds of 250Mbps solidly, and less than 10 minutes to download all of them.
Regards, Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2020, 08:34:06 AM »
A question to the european users here that formerly logged into https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/. Can you log into the new site using your old credentials?
Regards, Michael

« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2020, 09:39:02 AM »
A question to the european users here that formerly logged into https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/. Can you log into the new site using your old credentials?

Yes, it works. It asks you to update your informations.
Cheers, Joe

Genos | S90ES | Roland A800pro | Korg PA4X | Mainstage

Offline Esa

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
SCHEDULED SITE MAINTENANCE
Scheduled website maintenance.
Yamaha MusicSoft is currently down while we upgrade the site.
Please check back soon.

I tried to sign in ...

regard Esa

Offline Stijn

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2020, 09:46:09 AM »
Some of the downloaded packs have files with an SME extension, like this one: Choir_Vocals_Genos.sme

How to deal with this kind of file? There is a txt file with a key, what application is used to unpack it?

Stijn
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:01:18 AM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2020, 09:57:05 AM »
Yes, it works. It asks you to update your informations.

Interesting. In a second try I got to the page for updating my personal information. Upon sending my updates I get the message "error creating account". Nontheless I received a welcome e-mail "Thank you for registration". But the website doesn't let me sign in. In fact any attempt to navigate elsewhere in the shop.usa.yamaha.com domain - e.g. the "contact us" page to inform Yamaha about my problem - is impossible. I'm stuck in the "update personal information" page.

Must say this is the kind of user "experience" that I don't like too much...
Regards, Michael

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »
Likewise MIchael  same experience    Stuck with Update Personal Info page

Offline yammy

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2020, 11:19:00 AM »
Hai, me too. What's happening?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2020, 11:40:51 AM »
Have the same problem. As this is an American site it asks for a ZIP Code which we do not use in UK.