Author Topic: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free  (Read 113374 times)

Offline Joe H

Re: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free
« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2020, 07:34:29 PM »
Hi,

A Stupid question.  My Genos memory is already filled a lot. But I also want these freebies, mostly styles.  Is there a way to delete any voices or styles from these free packs (which i don't like) and save some space in my Genos memory. Will un-checking them while installation save me space in Genos memory ?

Regards

Anand

Another option is to use YEM Content Explorer to extract the styles from the packs.  That way you can keep them on the User Drive or on a USB stick. But keep in mind that saving those styles without the pack Voices will require you to do a remix of the styles and they may not sound as good without those pack Voices.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43547.0.html

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,53624.msg417847/topicseen.html#msg417847

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 07:39:53 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2020, 08:00:55 PM »
Another option is to use YEM Content Explorer to extract the styles from the packs.  That way you can keep them on the User Drive or on a USB stick. But keep in mind that saving those styles without the pack Voices will require you to do a remix of the styles and they may not sound as good without those pack Voices. ...

Hi Joe,

to my knowledge, the "YEM Content Explorer" (YEM-CE) can NOT extract Styles from .cpf Packs (only from .ppf Packs).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #352 on: July 13, 2020, 08:09:20 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. I did not know this since I don't have any .cpf files loaded in YEM.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline jugge

« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2020, 06:52:30 AM »
This morning I was able to download the rest of the packs. Download speed is about 5-10 times faster and no failures at all.
Not sure if I was just lucky or if they sorted out the issues now.
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline jugge

« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2020, 07:17:41 AM »
So after downloading all packs, I found that only about 10 of them have the filename that ends with genos.cpf
The rest of the packs - like entertainer and eurodance - have filenames pointing to other models like S700 and S900 series.
Will we be able to load those into Genos?
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline Stijn

« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2020, 08:36:59 AM »
Thank you, Stijn, much appreciated. "Best Of Europe"appears to be ID encrypted, so I was not able to import that pack into YEM.

I managed to download it again, so this one should work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf4cwu53y8zs2nb/Best_of_Europe_Genos.cpf?dl=0

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: overover, Dromeus

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »
I managed to download it again, so this one should work:

Awesome, thanks again.
Regards, Michael

filoaman

« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2020, 09:25:45 AM »
But I also want these freebies, mostly styles.  Is there a way to delete any voices or styles from these free packs (which i don't like) and save some space in my Genos memory. Will un-checking them while installation save me space in Genos memory ?

Beware that some styles from expansion packs use voices from the pack especially drum-kits or percussion.
So even if you install only the styles without the corresponding voices, the styles would not sound correctly since will missing voices...

Offline DerekA

« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2020, 09:53:48 AM »
The rest of the packs - like entertainer and eurodance - have filenames pointing to other models like S700 and S900 series.

None of the EuroDance packs worked for me.

The only one I could even import to YEM was the S770 one, and that's only because I used to have an S770 so it's still on the install target list. But when I selected the Genos as target, it would not let me select the EuroDance pack to include in the install file.

However Euro/US organ and Choir have worked fine. Thank you Yamaha for those :)
Genos

Offline Bob88

« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2020, 10:37:05 PM »
Just went through the procedure of selecting 2 free packs,entered all the required
information , proceeded to complete order and have not heard or received  anything since. Bob

kla4

« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2020, 11:53:11 AM »
The website is improving and ordering works better. Downloaded 18 packs and they work fine.
A big "Thank You" to Yamaha!

« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2020, 03:33:39 PM »
These strings sound great, but we don't know if a Genos version exists.

https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/downloadables/sound-expansion-library/orchestral-strings.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »
DOWNLOADS KEEP FAILING
site is too slow as well
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Oymmot

« Reply #364 on: July 18, 2020, 09:03:09 PM »
Har någon lyckats hämta hem detta som är free?
Tommy
Tommy Ölin
E-post: tommy.sune.olin@gmail.com

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2020, 11:27:38 PM »
Tommy

Has anyone managed to bring home this which is free

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #366 on: July 19, 2020, 07:51:39 AM »
I think Yamaha will propose tons of new high quality samples in new expansions (strings choir piano.... see additional packages for which there is no pictures nor details yet...) and considers it’s worth giving freely old Tyros, Genos, motif and montage expansions...

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #367 on: July 19, 2020, 08:19:46 AM »
Tommy

Yes, downloaded some I did not already have bought, and today I can see Yamaha has uploaded almost all packs as free.
Browse the style & expansion page, when down to end, click 'see more'. Even expansion for Montage and Motif stuff now added.
Site still very slow, but as they say, it take a week or two before things will be better........

Now we can wonder why Yamaha act like Santa Claus these days... Is it the end of creating addon packs, or is it due to new products coming that will have totally new fileformats, or is it the end of the Yamaha Arranger production? 🤔
Anyway, those of you that don't have these packs, it's a lot of great styles and sounds to enjoy.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline ckobu

« Reply #368 on: July 19, 2020, 08:30:45 AM »
That's right Jonny,
there are more and more free packages, just to make the web work properly. For now, this is available.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2020, 09:28:36 AM »
Hi
No luck yet as slow site and messages.
 Failed with Firefox and Couldnt download with Microsoft Edge.
Whether something in Norton is preventing downloads .
I have not got a clue..
Have to wait a few more weeks then.
Worst online site ever as it is back to Pentium 4 days.

All the Best
John

The following users thanked this post: elad770

Offline EileenL

« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2020, 01:07:28 PM »
As we know the European side of things is still being worked on and because we don't use zip codes we can not get into the American site to download properly. We just have to be patient. All will work out in the end.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2020, 01:26:48 PM »
because we don't use zip codes we can not get into the American site to download properly.

In fact the ZIP code is no problem at all. I entered 00000 which was accepted, and I didn't care about billing or shpping adress, after all who needs a bill of zero bucks and a download needs no shipping. Well, err, maybe it needs shipping... LOL

Anyway, meanwhile shopping at the site works very well (besides being slow). But downloading is still fishy. Small packs (e.g. Baritone Sax) did work for me, while larger ones (> 150MB) generally fail. With exceptions, today I was lucky enough to download the Vintage Synth pack  8) :)
Regards, Michael

Bachus

« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2020, 02:00:49 PM »
In fact the ZIP code is no problem at all. I entered 00000 which was accepted, and I didn't care about billing or shpping adress, after all who needs a bill of zero bucks and a download needs no shipping. Well, err, maybe it needs shipping... LOL

Anyway, meanwhile shopping at the site works very well (besides being slow). But downloading is still fishy. Small packs (e.g. Baritone Sax) did work for me, while larger ones (> 150MB) generally fail. With exceptions, today I was lucky enough to download the Vintage Synth pack  8) :)

Problem is you dont want just the content, you want the content to be assigned to your account...

Its just a matter of being patient, i for one stepped away from trying weeks ago, till Yamaha gives thego for EU customers. Saves me a lot of frustration

Offline elad770

« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2020, 02:25:09 PM »
can someone confirm that they do have problem with their downloads?

I'm trying to download but it keeps getting interrupted

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2020, 02:54:50 PM »
Problem is you dont want just the content, you want the content to be assigned to your account...

Well, no. All content is readily assigned to my account. Problem is, the download of bigger packs does fail (unless you are very lucky...).
Regards, Michael

Offline elad770

« Reply #375 on: July 19, 2020, 03:34:29 PM »
Same here!
Thank you for sharing this because others will probably see our correspondence and understand that there's no issue with their computer or browser. Its Yamaha's Servers who's having issues

Hi
No luck yet as slow site and messages.
 Failed with Firefox and Couldnt download with Microsoft Edge.
Whether something in Norton is preventing downloads .
I have not got a clue..
Have to wait a few more weeks then.
Worst online site ever as it is back to Pentium 4 days.

All the Best
John

Offline Bill

« Reply #376 on: July 19, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »
Yamaha MusicSoft are not helping themselves, they are including lots of different versions in the download, hence the download is VERY large.

For those people that do not want to wait, try installing a Free Download Manager on your Computer or Browser. It will automatically continue the download after it gets interrupted by the Yamaha Server.

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm     is just one.

Regards

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:55:59 AM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #377 on: July 19, 2020, 04:48:39 PM »
Just curious: why is there a .cpf for T5 and another one for T5_76 in those packs? The size of both files is identical, so what's the difference?

Pardon my ignorance, never had a T5.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 04:50:40 PM by Dromeus »
Regards, Michael

Offline elad770

« Reply #378 on: July 19, 2020, 04:57:23 PM »
Maybe they need to make adjustments to Drumkits as they assign differently based on the Key Size and length

Just curious: why is there a .cpf for T5 and another one for T5_76 in those packs? The size of both files is identical, so what's the difference?

Offline Jakkims

« Reply #379 on: July 20, 2020, 05:13:47 AM »
With Yamaha having difficulties getting the free downloads to work in Europe, I can only wonder if they will ever get around to making them available in New Zealand, where I live! I doubt if there are very many Genos owners here so Yamaha may not consider us worth bothering with. But thankfully it is a fabulous instrument just as it is without any extras.
Jakki.

Offline overover

« Reply #380 on: July 20, 2020, 07:09:40 AM »

Hi Dromeus,

each of these .cpf Packs works on exactly ONE model (for which Yamaha originally made it). Tyros5-61 and Tyros5-76 are treated as two different models in this case: I just tried to import the Tyros5-76 version of the T5 Entertainer Pack to my YEM (in which I have my "Genos" and my "Tyros5-61" as Install Targets), and I got an error message (see attached picture).

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:15:55 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline voodoo

« Reply #381 on: July 20, 2020, 12:21:33 PM »
Hi,

this weekend I could download some more packs from the Yamaha site:

* Alpen
* Choir & Vocal
* Country Musician
* Euro & US Organ
* SA2 Female Vocal
* Vintage Keyboard
* Vintage Synth Pack
* Many regional packs (Europe, Balkan, Celtic, Iberia V1+2, Romania V2, Italy V1+2, South-East-Europe, Middle Eastern, Latin, Mexican, Cumbia, Salsa....)

In my opinion, this is of great value. Some voices are already available in the legacy folder or in the Genos 2.0 Superior pack. But others are not. I always wanted to have the Vintage Keys and the Vintage Synth packs, as well as the Country pack, but they were quite expensive. Now we can get them for free.

Thank you Yamaha for this great gift.

Uli

P.S.: Euro Dance and Entertainer packs are available for PSR (all models) and T5 only, but not for Genos. I expect, that these packs will come for Genos, too.
P.S.: Church & Christmas is still missing for Genos, but seems to be on the way.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:25:50 AM by voodoo »
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Wim

« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2020, 11:56:17 PM »
They say that stupid questions don't exist, so I take the chance. I thought Yamaha of loading Expanions Packs through Yem for copyright protection reasons was. If they give these packs away for free, why not take this protection off so that they can be used, for example, via a USB stick, just like the Playlist for Genos. It is more flexible then  for apply them in a registration and play it on every other Genos. That is one of the reasons I don't use Expansion Packs.

rgds.
Wim

Offline Toril S

« Reply #383 on: July 22, 2020, 12:14:39 AM »
I fully agree Wim!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Bachus

« Reply #384 on: July 22, 2020, 12:38:59 AM »
They say that stupid questions don't exist, so I take the chance. I thought Yamaha of loading Expanions Packs through Yem for copyright protection reasons was. If they give these packs away for free, why not take this protection off so that they can be used, for example, via a USB stick, just like the Playlist for Genos. It is more flexible then  for apply them in a registration and play it on every other Genos. That is one of the reasons I don't use Expansion Packs.

rgds.
Wim

There is another important reason for Yem, other then protection... it links all those styles and the os to the new sounds.... it makes sure styles and registrations know where the sounds are...

Imagine you get a style from a friend that links to a user sound on his Genos.. the style will never work for you unless you import both the style and the sound trough Yem...

Offline DerekA

« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2020, 12:44:02 PM »

rgds.
Wim

It's true that they don't need to be protected if they are free.

But expansion data contains sample waveforms. And the genos cannot read sample data from usb. It can only use them if installed onto the internal expansion memory.
Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #386 on: July 22, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »
Sampled sounds whether free or not need the YEM to load them into your keyboards flash memory.
There is no way they would work from a USB stick.

Offline Wim

« Reply #387 on: July 22, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »

Imagine you get a style from a friend that links to a user sound on his Genos.. the style will never work for you unless you import both the style and the sound trough Yem...

That's the case .  You need to have that Pack installed. When  like the free Playlist for Genos Yamaha distributed with the explanation to place Packs  in the root dir. e.g. , than everybody uses the same structure. Than the problem in your answer is solved.
rgds
Wim

Offline Wim

« Reply #388 on: July 22, 2020, 04:50:57 PM »
Ok. the wave data not sorry . But are all the things in that packs wave data? the  most voices maybe but the Styles??
Wim

Offline DerekA

« Reply #389 on: July 22, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »
Ok. the wave data not sorry . But are all the things in that packs wave data? the  most voices maybe but the Styles??
Wim

Yes you can copy the styles to usb if you want. But if they use voices from the pack, as most do, you will have to substitute other voices from your preset or expansion voices.
Genos

Offline voodoo

« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2020, 07:06:13 PM »

rgds.
Wim

Wim,

it is a very good question.

There are two types of protection:

* CPF bound to an account: this ensures copyright
* CPF bound to a specific model (like the free Genos 2.0 Superior pack)

Earlier they provided packs in PPF format. Thus, the Pack "Euro Dance for PSR" could be used on Genos, too. Now they provide their packs in CPF format bound to specific models (SX900, T5, T5_76, Genos). Thus they ensure that the packs are used only on the intended models.

I don't know, if this has a specific intention. Perhaps, keep people from complaining that a PSR-Pack does not sound well on Genos. Or ensuring, that style could be programmed really type specific without causing issues on other models?

But indeed, they could give the free CPFs on a regular download page instead of using the complicated way of purchase.

So Wim, your question is really good.

Uli

P.S.: Ok, your question was about YEM. My answer was about protection. So, anyway, I hope it was interesting.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 07:13:41 PM by voodoo »
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Joe H

« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2020, 09:20:38 PM »
Several years ago I posted 24 custom dance styles I had re-mixed using the Euro Dance pack Voices.  I did this on my S970.  I also posted versions for the S950 and Tyros4/Tyros5.  I found that MOST of the PSR Euro Dance Voices were on the T4 and T5 as Preset Voices. So for the Tyros version I had to remap the Euro Dance Voices using special Voice files I made for MixMaster and StyleMagic.

Yamaha released 12 Euro Dance styles specifically for the T5.  I bought these by mistake and I had to match up the Voices with the PSR 970 Euro Dance pack Voices so they would play right on my S970.

But assume you could install the PSR Euro Dance pack on the T5 or Genos so the Voices would be the same as the PSR, but the Euro Dance pack styles for the T4 and T5 Euro Dance style pack use the internal Preset Euro Dance Voices... so that wouldn't work very well.

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:21:57 PM by Joe H »

Online sunny

« Reply #392 on: July 23, 2020, 06:32:44 AM »
Friends,

I downloaded all Free expansion packs  Such as Indian Tal pack, Indian 2, Indian Entertainer and Indian devotional Pack for using on Tyros 5 keyboard.

But, none of the above packs are working for Tyros5, some voices are not getting ticked in Yamaha Expansion Manager software.
Anybody tried these packs on Tyros 5 ?

Sunny
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:34:01 AM by sunny »

Offline wersianer

« Reply #393 on: July 23, 2020, 08:03:41 AM »
Hello Francesco,

do you have the ChurchOrgan Pack as PPF and would you make it available to us?

Online sunny

« Reply #394 on: July 23, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
They don't work on Tyros / Genos models now, because they are CPF format (restricted to a specific model). When they were PPF format in the past they worked very well on Tyros / Genos. On my Genos I have a lot of PSR packs installed (Church Organs, China, India, Indonesia, etc.) that work perfect except for the icons that show a "PACK" text instead of the voice picture. The styles also works great linking to the new voices correctly.

Francesco

Hi Francesco,
When Indian packs are available in PPF format, I tried several times on Tyros 5, they never worked out as none of the voices are getting ticked in YEM. I think Yamaha not allowed Yamaha Indian packs to be used for Genos and Tyros5.

I don't know what Yamaha is going to lose if the Indian expansion packs are  used on Genos and Tyros 5.

Sunny
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:38:52 AM by sunny »

Offline PAFF

« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2020, 11:08:44 AM »
I managed to download some of the free packs. Among them "Colors of Iberia V2"and "Greeting from Italy V2" both for Genos.None of those (and no other) can be imported to my YEM. It seems like it does not accept the cpf format. Every time I try to import a pack the YEM is closed. Whats's wrong?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2020, 12:23:38 PM »
Unless these packs are made for Tyros 5 they won't work properly. A lot of these packs were for PSR 970. etc.

Offline PAFF

« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2020, 01:19:54 PM »
 The message is that YEM was shut down unexpected and a long list with system configuration appears and you are asked to restart YEM. Unfortunately
the list is to complicated for me. Yes I have the latest version of YEM and I even reloaded the Genos keyboard information (n27).

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:29:31 PM by PAFF »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2020, 02:29:06 PM »
Probably the YEM is still working on the ID system. If you load in a Tyros 5 ID or Genos ID to YEM it will work because it will know you have those keyboards and the packs will work.

Offline PAFF

« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2020, 02:56:26 PM »
Thats what I did. I loaded the Genos ID.