Author Topic: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free  (Read 113460 times)

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free
« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2020, 12:56:55 PM »
So I think, that SME is an Yamaha internal file format, not intended to be published. Or we will see a new version of YEM that is able to open SME. Who knows....

Probably close to the truth. But, there is also a key in textfile enclosed the zipped files, that make me think will work as a password to acsess or open the files by use of a proper software, or maybe directly at the keyboard? 🤔
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #201 on: July 03, 2020, 03:58:41 PM »
Quote from: Billlink=topic=55896.msg436210#msg436210 date=1593771117
For those people that do not live in the USA  just wait until your country shop window appears. There is little point in going to the USA Site as your details are not there.

Hi Bill

I'm not going to the USA site. I'm REDIRECTED from https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com to the new site, so this is by intention of Yamaha (Europe).

I'm not sure what you mean by "your details", but fact is that the new site DOES recognize my credentials (id, password), so this has obviously been migrated.

I think it is little point in shutting down the old site while redirecting me to a new site that is all the way useless (for me and obviously for others too). I'm a very  patient guy ;D but having worked as a SW developer for > 40 years I think Yamaha's migration is a big mess which would not have been tolerated by my employers if I've ever rolled out such junk to any customer.
Regards, Michael

Offline Bob90

« Reply #202 on: July 03, 2020, 04:02:39 PM »
Probably close to the truth. But, there is also a key in textfile enclosed the zipped files, that make me think will work as a password to acsess or open the files by use of a proper software, or maybe directly at the keyboard? 🤔

I found a Tip about deleting a sme file in a Yamaha Claviona CLP-295GP Owner manual page 46

dflstarry

« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2020, 04:41:10 PM »
I found a Tip about deleting a sme file in a Yamaha Claviona CLP-295GP Owner manual page 46
What is it, Please  ;D

Offline DerekA

« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2020, 04:48:11 PM »
Come on Guys.   Just be patient.
Yamaha has said that it will take a week or two to sort it all out.

I understand what you are saying. But Yamaha have really botched this. I mean glitches are one thing, but this is an epic fail :)

Most people would probably agree that the packs were somewhat overpriced to start with. But suddenly deciding to give away for free what cost several hundred pounds last week, is something that I would have thought they would have wanted to take a bit more care over. They created excitement and interest with the tease of the packs being made available for free, then squandered it.

Saddest part is, their new site was built using Magento which is a ready-rolled framework for building ecommerce sites. All they had to do was design the custom content.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:20:02 PM by DerekA »
Genos

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2020, 05:29:28 PM »
Well, on the good side . . . i was able to 'buy' several Yamaha packages at zero cost.  They are now in my Yamaha library when I log-in and ready to download.

The bad news is that when trying to download to my computer every single download fails . . .  i have checked my computer settings and do not find anything that would be at fault on my side . . . . in fact managed to download one sme file that i do not know what to do with it.   

Other than that, every download is failing for me.. . . .

Will keep on trying i guess.

Greetings everyone

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

kla4

« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2020, 05:34:11 PM »
Just found out that the SME files are NOT encrypted. In fact the 'free versions' (SME) are missing a (fix sized) block of data from address 0008 to 0060 compared to the (payed) .cpf files.
From address 0060 up the .cpf file is identical to the .sme file.

What we have to find out : What data needs to be inserted from address 0008 to 0060?

Now I wonder: Do we all get the same smekey for e.g. SA2 Panflutes? (mine is 6E343A01134ECCAEA45C96ABF1A3****)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:14:46 PM by kla4 »

Offline Bob90

« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2020, 06:18:13 PM »
Just found out that the SME files are NOT encrypted. In fact the 'free versions' (SME) are missing a (fix sized) block of data from address 0008 to 0060 compared to the (payed) .cpf files.

What we have to find out : What data needs to be inserted from address 0008 to 0060?

Look at post from Stijn

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55896.msg436096.html#msg436096
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:29:58 PM by Bob90 »

kla4

« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2020, 06:40:43 PM »
@Bob90:
I'm sorry, what is there to see regarding to my post/finding?

Offline Bob90

« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2020, 06:59:29 PM »
@kla4

I'm sorry too, nothing regarding your finding. I only wanted to point out that they are not for the Genos.
Sorry my mistake.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 07:06:46 PM by Bob90 »

Offline soryt

« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2020, 07:30:07 PM »
Why downloading the panflute's and trombones ?  they are already standard on the Genos .

:D
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

The following users thanked this post: MIKEP

Offline chony

« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »
I understand what you are saying. But Yamaha have really botched this. I mean glitches are one thing, but this is an epic fail :)

Most people would probably agree that the packs were somewhat overpriced to start with. But suddenly deciding to give away for free what cost several hundred pounds last week, is something that I would have thought they would have wanted to take a bit more care over. They created excitement and interest with the tease of the packs being made available for free, then squandered it.

Saddest part is, their new site was built using Magento which is a ready-rolled framework for building ecommerce sites. All they had to do was design the custom content.

Unfortunately Yamaha has a long history of botched releases and delays. You’d think Yamaha would have their * together.

Anyone remember the ridiculous and irrelevant ad campaign for Genos?
And then it was months before you could use your packs with Genos.
Or the botched Tyros 5 release without the ability to customize bc they hadn’t through of YEM.
Not to mention the completely bugged YEM early releases. 
Or the totally bugged Tyros 4.

And not even getting into the lack of creativity and originality in keeping their TOTL arrangers up to date with advances in modern music.

« Reply #212 on: July 03, 2020, 08:48:16 PM »
The new YAMAHA page is totally disappointing, I have been trying to download the Mexican Banda package for 3 days (maybe a hundred of intends) without success. At this time, the page sends me the "502 Bad Gateway" message. It is incredible that a company like Yamaha suffers with an update of its website.
* PSR SX900
* Novation Impulse 61
* IPad Air 2
* Macbook Pro 2012 // 16 Gb RAM // 500 Gb SSD
* Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
* JBL LSR 305 Monitors
* Alesis Multimix 6
* Mic Senheiser e835
* Mic AKG Perception Live P5s
* Yamaha Stagepas 400 BT

Offline Toril S

« Reply #213 on: July 03, 2020, 08:59:24 PM »
I value my health, so I stay away from this! Not worth getting a heart attack over bad computer programs when my instruments are working fine as is. But this is a shame, and a disrespect to all Yamaha costumers!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Bachus

« Reply #214 on: July 03, 2020, 10:00:42 PM »
I have forget my password.I ask for a new password .There comes everytime the next:we send you a E-Mail with the link to becomes a new password.
After three day's i recieved nothing in my mail box.Who can help me?
thanks before,
wolfram

Same problem here, i asked for a new password.. no mails received

Bachus

« Reply #215 on: July 03, 2020, 10:03:35 PM »

Now I wonder: Do we all get the same smekey for e.g. SA2 Panflutes? (mine is 6E343A01134ECCAEA45C96ABF1A3****)

I think those SME files just mean there is something smelly, something that smells like dissaster in the air.  But then its 2020, looks like its going to that kind of year where every apple falls on top of someone’s head. So maybe Yamaha should stay away from the Coconut trees?

Offline soryt

« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2020, 10:20:34 PM »
I am a MusicSoft customer from the beginning ,and I have purchased a lot of packs and styles in the past years for more than a thousand euros,s , is it strange that I now feel a bit of “ ripped off “ with this action ?
This means that there isn’t to expect more new content from Yamaha , and there will bee soon a successor for the Genos with a new system  for styles and voices managing .
I am very pleased with the Genos as arranger keyboard , But Yem is always in my opinion a non user friendly program and for a lot of customers a big “pain in the a**” , and the MusicSoft site was for years the most slowest  webpage I knew , but it worked with his shortcomings.
Now it isn’t possible to see all my purchased content what I have bought  in the past , it constantly freezes up.
Yamaha’s arranger department is making a lot of mistakes with websites and user software for arrangers ,why can they make for the synth department a lot of good apps and software (editing & sounds) and for the arrangers wich cost a lot more ( the instruments) they can’t get it right ?
I played all the Tyrosses 1 to 5  and off course now the Genos, I have so much styles and voices collected that to jump to a other brand isn’t possible and i loses years of work for editing and programming .
I Hope that the Genos 2 have a better build, better surface, better buttons, smaller form factor, and all on board voice and style editing and of course no Yem .

Soryt  :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:21:47 PM by soryt »
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline hans1966

« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2020, 10:49:32 PM »
Hi Guys, I made the mistake of downloading the Premium package "ballroom" thinking it was compatible with SX900, but I didn't realize it until I passed it through YEM, which told me that "The Package you are trying to load is NOT compatible with your instrument "

But on the yamaha musicsoft website. there is not enough information about the compatibility of some packages with our instruments.

Even when I put the word PSR-S or PACKS PSR-S, even packages for GENOS, MONTAGE, and MOXF appear.
By this I mean that the products (packages in this case) are NOT well classified by Instrument and / or model.

Has the same thing happened to someone else? or am I the only one. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline niayinii

« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2020, 11:33:25 PM »
i want to try some  of the packs but  i can't get through user update fails

Geria

« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2020, 11:55:01 PM »
Hans, I had the same problem, tried and tried to download for my PSR S975 that is not even mentioned in the description of the packs. Their new website defies logic and is not user friendly. I have enough stuff already.

Gerry

Offline hans1966

« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2020, 12:46:50 AM »
Hi Gerry, we have to wait a couple of weeks more to see if the navigation on the website improves.
Regards.  Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Patrick

« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2020, 01:20:55 AM »
Hi all, the Yamaha website is working now nearly perfectly; so we've to wait but thank you Yamaha for all, i wish you all, a nice weekend Patrick
 ;)

PS: in the packs you've  CPF files for the Yamaha PSR S670 to the PSR SX900
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 01:24:55 AM by Patrick »

Offline niayinii

« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2020, 10:08:24 AM »
Has  anybody outside the US updated successfully i seem to  get error can't  access

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »
Not working for me in the UK  Just keep being asked for Personal info 

Offline niayinii

« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
Same applies, I've tried several times  but no avail am sure will be  rectified

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2020, 11:27:04 AM »
Hi
There must be someone on this site that knows someone in Yamaha and maybe get some clarification.
Or a representaive from Yamaha to come onto this site.
Otherwise it is going to be winding up everyone as it certainly is.
There is not a lot free and it is not worth worrying about in my view.
If it is solved all well and good .If not noboby has lost anything.

One nun has not got nun, so the other nun cant have nun  ;) ::) :P
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline wolfram

« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2020, 11:41:18 AM »
Same problem,i asked(since 30/06/2020) for a new password,but no mails received.Is this perhaps a joke from Yamaha?
greetings,
wolfram >:( >:( >:( 8) :-\

Offline RoyB

« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2020, 12:49:10 PM »
Earlier this morning from the UK, I managed to complete an order of several packs. Did not need to re-enter personal details. It said I would get an email with instructions/link on how to get the packs.

No email - Still waiting (3 hours later).

Regards

Roy
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2020, 01:00:28 PM »
Some people have found these packs have been loaded to there account. Have you checked.
   They did say it would take time to get non USA members sorted so be patient and it will happen.

Offline jugge

« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2020, 01:03:14 PM »
Has  anybody outside the US updated successfully i seem to  get error can't  access

Same here. After logging in, I get to the "update information" page. After completing the required information, I get either "502 bad gateway" or "More user information required"
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2020, 01:06:01 PM »
Earlier this morning from the UK, I managed to complete an order of several packs. Did not need to re-enter personal details. It said I would get an email with instructions/link on how to get the packs.

No email - Still waiting (3 hours later).

The e-mail never came for me either. But you can just go back into the site, find your order, and you will see links where you can download each pack.

However, I was never able to successfully download any of the larger files.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline soryt

« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2020, 01:17:19 PM »
Never had any e mail after downloading , packs are now useless because they have a other extension  , only one pack works that was the Celtic
Why cant Yamaha do it the right way  ??  :-[ :-[

Soryt  :-[

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2020, 02:00:16 PM »
Never had any e mail after downloading , packs are now useless because they have a other extension  , only one pack works that was the Celtic
Why cant Yamaha do it the right way  ??  :-[ :-[

Good question. Any goodwill they hoped to gain by offering the packs free has been lost by the dysfunctional website.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

andy_v

« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2020, 02:31:46 PM »
There are 10 packs in the mysterious and tantalising SME format, but 14 other free packs in familiar formats, so I'm still feeling pretty good about developments so far, on the whole : )
Admittedly only two of the "unpackable" packs include Genos-specific content, as far as I can see - the premium Celtic pack and "Colours of Iberia 2". But that's two more than I had at the start of the week.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 04:39:54 PM by andy_v »

Offline Bill

« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2020, 04:23:07 PM »
I am a MusicSoft customer from the beginning ,and I have purchased a lot of packs and styles in the past years for more than a thousand euros,s , is it strange that I now feel a bit of “ ripped off “ with this action ?

Soryt  :)

Hi Soryt

I understand how you feel. I myself have paid over £1100 for expansion content, plus a lot more that were special free downloads, etc. for registering the keyboard. 
I do not currently have any intention of selling my Genos, however, if I did (before the change in Yamaha policy)  I could have given (sold) my purchases to a prospective owner for something in the order of £400.  Now they are pretty much worthless.

However, it is something that we will just have to accept and move on.

The one thing that frequently annoys me though, is that Yamaha NEVER really keep their customers in the picture, and would never ever apologize.

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline sunny

« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2020, 06:04:38 PM »
Hi All,

After downloading Indian Taals pack, when i try to load into YEM for my Tyros5 , The error message getting as " This pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this pack".

Anybody experiencing the same problem ?

Sunny
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:06:15 PM by sunny »

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2020, 06:43:56 PM »
In reply to soryt concerning pan flute the one on Genos is not articulation. The downloadable one is and is excellent.
Mike

Offline Esa

« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2020, 07:40:33 PM »
Absolutely amazing poor performance and marketing from Yamaha. How can they afford that? Just like schoolchildren made a site! Stinky Greetings from Finland!
regards esa

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2020, 08:35:43 PM »
QUOTE from the MusicSoft site:

NOTICE TO MUSICSOFT CUSTOMERS
Please note that some product categories and features are currently disabled while we improve the MusicSoft site experience. We appreciate your patience and expect the site to be fully functional in the next 1-2 weeks. If you have any questions, please contact Yamaha Online Customer Support.

It's mentioned earlier in this thread, so maybe we just shall be a bit more patient and give it some time before we judge it too hard?
Cheers 🥂
GJ

The following users thanked this post: juketsu

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2020, 09:54:33 PM »
Hi
This is reply from Yamaha about SME and Genos -- "What about the Genos???
Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me.    For the Tyros 5, they are irrelevant, and can be deleted if you so wish.   
If you also own a Tyros 4, you will need to load the license key into it prior to loading the sme files.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kindest Regards,
Donald

Ps How do you load the licence key??
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2020, 10:02:17 PM »
In reply to soryt concerning pan flute the one on Genos is not articulation. The downloadable one is and is excellent.
Mike

The Pan Flute voices included in the Genos V.2.0 Superior Pack update are S.Art2 and are the same voices as supplied with the Pan Flutes Premium Pack!  Same with the S. Art2 Trombone and Female Vocals!

All are nice voices and worth having, but Genos owners who have installed the Version 2.0 update will already have them!

Regards

Ian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2020, 10:26:04 PM »
Yes and we also have the sax voices now on Genos so no need for them now.

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2020, 10:42:58 PM »
Thank you Ian.
I stand corrected!
Mike

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2020, 12:18:04 AM »
Hi
I found out that SME files are popular in USA and that is where the site is at the moment

So trying to open these files is futile until Europe gets a move on.

« Reply #244 on: July 05, 2020, 07:27:10 AM »
I bought some expansions previously that are now free, too.

It's clear that Genos engine is far more powerful than Tyros one but core sound technologies didn't evolve a lot since SA2 (Tyros 3).

So, I now hope Yamaha is preparing a big sound improvement justifying samples from older technologies are now given freely, and announcing a new generation of sounds.

That's also a marketing approach for their clients to give them freely.

Yamaha could plan not to design and sell a new Genos2 but to propose new high-quality sound packs. Perhaps a better way to deliver a quicker return on investments.

Online acparker

« Reply #245 on: July 05, 2020, 10:43:28 AM »
I guess I won't be seeing these 'free-bies' any time soon.

Every time I try to log in, I get:

"The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try again later."

and if I try to reset the password, I get:

"We're unable to send the password reset email."

Oh well,  I like what I have, but am always will to expand, if the cost is right.  Free fits that bill.

Adam

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #246 on: July 05, 2020, 11:45:43 AM »
To be honest     Yamaha have not officially announced the new website nor freebies   (at least here in the UK)  I have only learnt about this from here and other interested sites  So we cannot complain about stuff that has been leaked about
Yamaha are certainly not an IT company like Apple who have made bigger cock ups than this

Offline EileenL

« Reply #247 on: July 05, 2020, 12:31:44 PM »
Give it a couple of weeks.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #248 on: July 05, 2020, 02:06:18 PM »
Yamaha have not officially announced the new website nor freebies [...] So we cannot complain about stuff that has been leaked about

In this world of constantly evolving websites announcing even relaunches are out of fashion. There is nothing that has "leaked". Yamaha did deploy the website to the public. The well-known and well-established Yamaha webshop URL does redirect you automatically to the new site. If it is not intended to be used it shouldn't go public. It is good SW developing practice to do sufficient testing on a staging server before going live. It is true that Yamaha is not an IT company. That's why there are countless first class IT consultants/service providers in the market that could provide a professional product. This is just YAYEF (yet another Yamaha epic fail) we've seen others over the years.

[off- or maybe not so off-topic: about nine months ago the German Yamaha user forum (that existed some 20 years) was shut down without warning because of "technical difficulties". User's were informed that Yamaha is working hard to relaunch the forum. Nine months later, after "very intensive investigations" Yamaha claimed it is impossible to operate the user forum due to privacy protection requirements.]

Extra credit: A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything  ;D.
Regards, Michael

The following users thanked this post: Bill

Offline bpsafran

Premium packs - downloaded but get sme files : what to do next
« Reply #249 on: July 05, 2020, 05:55:00 PM »
Greetings:

I managed, after many tried, to download some of the free Premium packs.  When unzipped, they gave .sme files which are not readable by expansion manager.  Any advice on how to proceed?  I looked at Google for programs for decrypting sme files but they did not work.

Thanks