News:

PSR Tutorial Forum is Now Back to Life!

Main Menu

Starting June 30, Yamaha Premium packs, expansions will be free

Started by Teknoss, June 24, 2020, 02:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerekA

I think they have messed up with the sme files, we will probably have to download again as cpf files.

The Celtic pack has loaded up into my genos, so thank you Yamaha for that!
Genos

Bachus

Quote from: Gunnar Jonny on July 02, 2020, 02:03:47 PM
So am I, but got in with the EU user and pass.
But, even if all personal data was there, I got confirmed as 'new customer', and all my library from the old site is not there. Guess they still have some work to do....
No problem 'order' and download the 'free' stuff, but I'm a bit confused about the --.sme files.🤔

My EU account does not work..  on theUS website

JohnS (Ugawoga)

Yes the celtic pack is the only one that works
Bin the rest and wait
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

niayinii

Hi
can't  get access  can some one  share  downloaded
Br

Gunnar Jonny

Quote from: ugawoga on July 02, 2020, 03:44:22 PM
Yes the celtic pack is the only one that works

Really? 🤔
I've just installed two pacs that I did not have at Genos, and it works well.
Earlier today I downloaded a lot of the others, did it even if I have no use of it at the moment.
The only thing that make me wonder just now, is the .sme and keyfiles in the Genos choir and alpen voicepacks.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

corsaman

Now 2x Genos 1 ....before: 2xYamaha Tyros 5,Tyros 4, PSR 1500,1100,1000, Roland E-38,Technics KN920 and Estrada AR207

SeaGtGruff

Quote from: pjd on July 02, 2020, 11:46:16 AMAlso, what's up with the suitcase icon for a shopping cart. Ridiculous choice of icon. It should be a cart.

I think it's meant to represent a shopping bag.

JohnS (Ugawoga)

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

tyrosrick

THIS NEW YAMAHA MUSICSOFT SITE IS A TOTAL, COMPLETE ABOMINATION; AND ABSOLUTE FAILURE! IT SEEMS LIKE SOME 9 YEAR OLD PUT IT TOGETHER. NOTHING WORKS...PERIOD. COMPLETE SHAM!!!!

jazzy_beat

Quote from: tyrosrick on July 02, 2020, 06:42:44 PM
THIS NEW YAMAHA MUSICSOFT SITE IS A TOTAL, COMPLETE ABOMINATION; AND ABSOLUTE FAILURE! IT SEEMS LIKE SOME 9 YEAR OLD PUT IT TOGETHER. NOTHING WORKS...PERIOD. COMPLETE SHAM!!!!

Sure...!
It's incomprehensible as a leading company in its field, allow this absolute disaster. The programming of the site seems to be done by a bad newbie.
Before uploading a new website, you need to test it offline by simulating stressful situations, and wait until everything works properly.
However, Yamaha is also to be thanked for this magnificent gift.

JohnS (Ugawoga)

I told you so Dearie!!! ;D :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

svpworld

Clearly the website isn't properly running yet, it's extremely slow (although it was before they upgraded it) and the downloads don't complete when you try any of them, just time out.  I guess it's best to give it a few weeks for the team to get it sorted out.  From what I've seen so far though (I'm in the UK by the way), most of what is free was given away in the premium pack when Genos was upgraded to v2 OS.  I ordered 25 or 26 free files and I'm unable to successfully download any of them, so glad I didn't pay out for anything yet.  I'll come back to it in a few weeks and have another try. :-)   It's definitely not the best website I've come across, awful user experience, painfully slow, probably not very accessible and not intuitive at all (I work in digital communications!).

Regards

Simon

wolfram

I have forget my password.I ask for a new password .There comes everytime the next:we send you a E-Mail with the link to becomes a new password.
After three day's i recieved nothing in my mail box.Who can help me?
thanks before,
wolfram

overover

Quote from: wolfram on July 03, 2020, 03:43:50 AM
I have forget my password.I ask for a new password .There comes everytime the next:we send you a E-Mail with the link to becomes a new password.
After three day's i recieved nothing in my mail box.Who can help me?
thanks before,
wolfram

Hi Wolfram,

check the Spam folder of your email account. I received several emails from them, and some of them I found in the Spam folder...

Best regards,
Chris
● Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that, and - just did it.
● Never put the Manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

JohnS (Ugawoga)

Oh Dear, Dear ,Dear, Dear, Dear!!

I said at the beginning the original site was too slow .
Yamaha needs a bigger server and a decent programmer.
It will take them months to get it right at this rate.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Stitch26

I recently downloaded several free extension packs and was totally confused with the .sme files. I thought I was missing something in the down load procedure. Alas, these comments have assured me of the prevailing problem many of us are enduring. Maybe Yamaha will correct this annoyance soon.

Bill

Hi All

Come on Guys.   Just be patient.

Yamaha has said that it will take a week or two to sort it all out.

For those people that do not live in the USA  just wait until your country shop window appears. There is little point in going to the USA Site as your details are not there.  Yes, you may be able to log on and download loads of stuff you do not need, but when you come to actually purchase something in the future you will have some problem.  Each of the local country's shop window has all the currency, language, Tax details, etc. ---- so just be patient.

There is more change on the horizon -  so no need to download things just because it's free.  It NOT a short-lived sale.

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Oldden

Just to confuse things. Look up sme files and you get..

Samsung Kies Messages Backup

SME file is a Samsung Kies Messages Backup. Samsung Kies is a software that lets you connect your mobile phone to a PC and it synchronizes data for easy transfer.

Yamaha must mean something else.

overover

Quote from: Oldden on July 03, 2020, 05:14:24 AM
Just to confuse things. Look up sme files and you get..

Samsung Kies Messages Backup

SME file is a Samsung Kies Messages Backup. Samsung Kies is a software that lets you connect your mobile phone to a PC and it synchronizes data for easy transfer.

Yamaha must mean something else.

The .sme extension is also used for encrypted archive files created by the program "SmartEncryptor".

I guess that these .sme files are for "Yamaha internal" use (and published only by mistake).

Best regards,
Chris
● Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that, and - just did it.
● Never put the Manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

voodoo

Quote from: overover on July 03, 2020, 05:33:07 AM
The .sme extension is also used for encrypted archive files created by the program "SmartEncryptor".

I guess that these .sme files are for "Yamaha internal" use (and published only by mistake).

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I had the same idea. The extension .sme is connected to a program called Smart Encryptor. I found a very old version of this discontinued software and found out, that the Smart Encryptor cannot unpack the .sme files from Yamaha. Also, encrypted archives generated with Smart Encryptor do have another file structure than the SME files from Yamaha. So I guess, that this trail does not lead to a solution. ;)

However, the SME files do begin with the file header XPFH. This is the same header used by PPF and CPF files. So SME seems to be a own file format of Yamaha. I tried to rename the SME to PPF or CPF and put it into the Expansion Mangager. Of course, this did not work. ;)

So I think, that SME is an Yamaha internal file format, not intended to be published. Or we will see a new version of YEM that is able to open SME. Who knows....

Uli

Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Gunnar Jonny

Quote from: voodoo on July 03, 2020, 06:47:11 AM
So I think, that SME is an Yamaha internal file format, not intended to be published. Or we will see a new version of YEM that is able to open SME. Who knows....

Probably close to the truth. But, there is also a key in textfile enclosed the zipped files, that make me think will work as a password to acsess or open the files by use of a proper software, or maybe directly at the keyboard? 🤔
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Dromeus

Quote from: Billlink=topic=55896.msg436210#msg436210 date=1593771117
For those people that do not live in the USA  just wait until your country shop window appears. There is little point in going to the USA Site as your details are not there.

Hi Bill

I'm not going to the USA site. I'm REDIRECTED from https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com to the new site, so this is by intention of Yamaha (Europe).

I'm not sure what you mean by "your details", but fact is that the new site DOES recognize my credentials (id, password), so this has obviously been migrated.

I think it is little point in shutting down the old site while redirecting me to a new site that is all the way useless (for me and obviously for others too). I'm a very  patient guy ;D but having worked as a SW developer for > 40 years I think Yamaha's migration is a big mess which would not have been tolerated by my employers if I've ever rolled out such junk to any customer.
Regards, Michael

Bob90

Quote from: Gunnar Jonny on July 03, 2020, 06:56:55 AM
Probably close to the truth. But, there is also a key in textfile enclosed the zipped files, that make me think will work as a password to acsess or open the files by use of a proper software, or maybe directly at the keyboard? 🤔

I found a Tip about deleting a sme file in a Yamaha Claviona CLP-295GP Owner manual page 46

dflstarry

Quote from: Bob90 on July 03, 2020, 10:02:39 AM
I found a Tip about deleting a sme file in a Yamaha Claviona CLP-295GP Owner manual page 46
What is it, Please  ;D

DerekA

Quote from: Bill on July 03, 2020, 05:11:57 AM
Come on Guys.   Just be patient.
Yamaha has said that it will take a week or two to sort it all out.

I understand what you are saying. But Yamaha have really botched this. I mean glitches are one thing, but this is an epic fail :)

Most people would probably agree that the packs were somewhat overpriced to start with. But suddenly deciding to give away for free what cost several hundred pounds last week, is something that I would have thought they would have wanted to take a bit more care over. They created excitement and interest with the tease of the packs being made available for free, then squandered it.

Saddest part is, their new site was built using Magento which is a ready-rolled framework for building ecommerce sites. All they had to do was design the custom content.
Genos

Al Ram

Well, on the good side . . . i was able to 'buy' several Yamaha packages at zero cost.  They are now in my Yamaha library when I log-in and ready to download.

The bad news is that when trying to download to my computer every single download fails . . .  i have checked my computer settings and do not find anything that would be at fault on my side . . . . in fact managed to download one sme file that i do not know what to do with it.   

Other than that, every download is failing for me.. . . .

Will keep on trying i guess.

Greetings everyone

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

kla4

Just found out that the SME files are NOT encrypted. In fact the 'free versions' (SME) are missing a (fix sized) block of data from address 0008 to 0060 compared to the (payed) .cpf files.
From address 0060 up the .cpf file is identical to the .sme file.

What we have to find out : What data needs to be inserted from address 0008 to 0060?

Now I wonder: Do we all get the same smekey for e.g. SA2 Panflutes? (mine is 6E343A01134ECCAEA45C96ABF1A3****)

Bob90

Quote from: kla4 on July 03, 2020, 11:34:11 AM
Just found out that the SME files are NOT encrypted. In fact the 'free versions' (SME) are missing a (fix sized) block of data from address 0008 to 0060 compared to the (payed) .cpf files.
From address 0060 up the .cpf file is identical to the .sme file.

What we have to find out : What data needs to be inserted from address 0008 to 0060?

Look at post from Stijn

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55896.msg436096.html#msg436096

kla4

@Bob90:
I'm sorry, what is there to see regarding to my post/finding?

Bob90

@kla4

I'm sorry too, nothing regarding your finding. I only wanted to point out that they are not for the Genos.
Sorry my mistake.