Author Topic: How to automatically play all mp3 or wav songs in a folder  (Read 2317 times)

How to automatically play all mp3 or wav songs in a folder
« on: December 04, 2020, 08:42:36 PM »
I recently changed from a Tyros 5 to a Genos.

On the T5, I had set up some play lists that automatically played through a list of mp3 a songs, leaving the keyboard, whilst I was taking a break from playing.

I would like to do the same on the Genos, but I can't find any information on how to do it.

Is it possible?

If so, can anyone tell me how to do it please?

Offline overover

Re: How to automatically play all mp3 or wav songs in a folder
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 09:13:27 PM »
Hi keithvenn,

maybe the "Song List" function can do the job for you. Please refer to pages 65/66 of the Genos Reference Manual (= section 4 "Song Playback").

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 09:57:34 PM »
I recently changed from a Tyros 5 to a Genos.

On the T5, I had set up some play lists that automatically played through a list of mp3 a songs, leaving the keyboard, whilst I was taking a break from playing.

I would like to do the same on the Genos, but I can't find any information on how to do it.

Is it possible?

If so, can anyone tell me how to do it please?

As Christ said, you set up a Songlist. One advantage is the songs don't have to be in the same folder. They can come from anywhere.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 02:49:51 PM »
As Christ said, you set up a Songlist. One advantage is the songs don't have to be in the same folder. They can come from anywhere.

Cheers,
Fred

Thank you both. I missed the fact you need to be in "list" mode. I was also puzzled as to how you load a save song list file and see the list of songs, but eventually found if you press "songs" repeatedly, it toggles through the modes.

tyrosman

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
you have to make up a play list for this to happen :) im afraid