Author Topic: Error message on Tyros 4  (Read 3452 times)

Chandeneze

Error message on Tyros 4
« on: June 23, 2020, 05:01:50 AM »
Hi all. I am getting an error message on my Tyros 4
omlszrjb/377
0/24110112-054

Every time this happens I have to switch of and do a Factory reset. Can somebody please help me

Thanks Martin 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline overover

Re: Error message on Tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »
Hi Martin,

I know of such a bug that is caused by corrupt Custom Voices.

If you have installed some Custom Voices (.uvn or .uvd format), I recommend that you call up all Custom Voices one after the other. If the error I described occurs again, I recommend deleting the relevant Custom Voice(s) from the Tyros4 (in "Library Edit").

Note: This does NOT delete the Wave data of the Custom Voice(s) from the Expansion Memory Module. If such corrupt Custom Voices take up a lot of Wave storage space, you would have to delete the Wave data separately. In this case, please refer to the Tyros4 Reference Manual, starting on page 17 (Voice Creator).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:12:22 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 01:26:39 PM »
This message can come up for several reasons but it usually happens when you are trying to load in something the keyboard dose not like. What are you doing when this message comes up.

Chandeneze

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 02:00:02 PM »
Hi Chris and Ilene
Thanks ever so much for the info. I will go through the custom sounds and see if I can find the proplem.

Regards
Martin

Chandeneze

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 02:05:17 PM »
Hi Ileen and Chris.
It happens when I store some settings in the registration banks. When I factory reset and the registrations are empty its fine. As oon as I use one of the registration banks 1 to 8 it freezes up and the error appear.

Hope this help you to be more specific on this problem

regards
Martin

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 05:17:03 PM »
Sounds like it is something you are trying to store in the registration bank that is effecting the keyboard.
Dose this happen when you just save on board style and voices to registration. If it doesn't then you have your answer it is something you are trying to load that is possibly corrupt.

Chandeneze

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 08:23:14 AM »
Morning Ileene.
Thanks for the prompt replies. It happens when I am storing preset voices. I will experiment a bit and see if I can pin it down to more specific info.
I have a second problem that is happening. All the LED lights on all the buttons are permanently on. ( Lit up)  It is a problem as I can not see what functions are activated. I hope it can be fixed I love my Tyros 4. I have combined it with a Pax4 and the 2 keyboards together are stunning. If we can't get it fixed I suppose I will have to invest in Good secondhand Tyros 4 or 5. Sorry to say. but here in South Africa it is almost impossible to get service from Yamaha so I have to rely on your pro experience and assistance.   

Regards
Martin. 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 02:46:37 PM »
Hi Martin,
  When you say all buttons are on do they not change colour when you activate them so that you know what will be used. Most sections do light up on switch on and are green but when one is selected it goes orange. Is this not happening.
  As regards registrations do you have a problem when loading a registration you use from Hard Drive or USB stick.

Chandeneze

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 06:19:23 PM »
Hello Ileen.
My apology only to reply now. I was a bit busy Thursday and Today.
Regarding the registration memory. It freezes up when I save anything regardless if it is from the internal styles and settings etc. It just doesn't like when I use the save function. When I factory reset I can play for hours with no problem. As soon as I save anything in one of the 8 registrations it freezes up after a few minutes and the error comes up.

The LED's yes all the LED's is on. The style section and the Voices. It does not change color when pressing a voice bank or a Style bank. The same with the harmony and all the other buttons they all show on all the time.

I have downloaded the maintenance manual on the net. and did all the testings according to the manual. The tests I am referring to is to hold down the C# chord when booting up. All 63 test ran 100 % with no errors.

I have stripped the Keyboard ( I am a Electrical / electronic engineer ) and I found some bad rust on the left hand PC board. It is so bad that one of the indication LED's are actually rusted off. I have cleaned the card with the appropriate electronic cleaner but it made no difference to the errors on the KB. The card is damaged by the rust I am now wondering if this card is actually where the problem starts.

regards
martin

Chandeneze

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 06:42:27 PM »
Eileen, I will have to replace the card to eliminate any possible cause of this error.  The countries borders are still closed so I suppose I will have to wait for a while. It is going to be like looking for a sausage in a dog's kennels to try and get it from Yamaha SA as they do not even answer their emails. I ordered a volume pedal from them and I waited 8 months. The worst was they did not know what a Tyros 4 is for starters.

Let me find out regarding imports and then I will try and get a card ASAP.

Regards
Martin  By the way, thanks ever so much for all the fantastic styles and voices over the past few years.