Author Topic: mac user edit midi songs  (Read 2737 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

mac user edit midi songs
« on: June 22, 2020, 08:48:02 AM »
Is there a reason I can't use a mac based midi editor to make simple edits of voices , remaster mix, loop points etc?
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: mac user edit midi songs
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »
No reason, as long as you can find such an editor.

Cheer,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 06:46:18 PM »
I don't understand the reason for the phrase "as long as you can find"!  Midi editors are quite common for Mac and Windows
Garage Band does both platforms
Sound Forge
Cakewalk
Logic
Cubase
Ableton
etc etc

Was your comment, light humor or does it hold something I do not understand about Yamaha midi files for tyros!!
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 07:05:55 PM »
I don't understand the reason for the phrase "as long as you can find"!  Midi editors are quite common for Mac and Windows
Garage Band does both platforms
Sound Forge
Cakewalk
Logic
Cubase
Ableton
etc etc

Was your comment, light humor or does it hold something I do not understand about Yamaha midi files for tyros!!

The phrase was there because I have no idea what's available for the Mac. I'm a Windows guy. But if there are editors available, there's no reason they can't be used to do what you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 10:34:42 PM »
Then ( no offense intended to the generous folks who created apps for psr tyros users ) why did I need to purchase the win 7 and pc based editor ??  I am so slow with all of this computer stuff.

There were two editors here I thought I needed to buy one of them for PC and install these editors on it.   I bought a win 7 pc and never used it! And have the editor on it.
Was there an advantage to these editors ?
The t4 allows one to edit the midi files... the ones created by Murray and another fellow, were made for a reason, I gather!  What would those reasons be!
In the mean time, of course there are many midi editors for mac.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:38:43 PM by sugarplumsss »

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 11:59:47 PM »
MuseScore has a Mac version that you may like to try.  I don't own a Mac, but have used MuseScore for Windows for several years now and it's an excellent program.  :)

The link follows:

https://musescore.org/en/download
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page