Author Topic: Clavinova  (Read 2734 times)

Janus

Clavinova
« on: June 22, 2020, 12:51:56 PM »
Witch model clavinova is this ?
I like the piano sound
https://youtu.be/eNrAXVPPYhQ

Gr.Jan

Offline mikf

Re: Clavinova
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 01:35:21 PM »
I would guess it is a CVP 500 series or earlier because it has the arranger software but not the touch screen so that makes it pre- 600 series. They all have nice piano sound, and the more recent series may be even better.
Mike

Janus

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 02:21:22 PM »
Thanks mikf
Found another demo
The concert guitar is also great

https://youtu.be/3yTLHsfHn7A

Gr.Jan

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 02:23:21 PM by Janus »

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 04:25:35 PM »
Not portable of course, but that apart, the CVP may be the best electronic keyboard out there. The sounds, touch and features combine almost the best of everything available are just excellent. They are a bit pricey, but very well built, look good in the room and actually great value when you compare with top end acoustic keyboards.
  I have a couple of CVPs - a 605 and a 705 and I intended to try out the 805/809 when it came out, but the piano store I use closed due to Covid so that never happened. I might get round to it now though because this demo seemed excellent.
She plays it nicely, mostly using the same technique that I normally do, where you play two handed quite normally and just let the accompaniment happen rather than drive it directly with LH chords. The 'AI full keyboard' accompaniment mode is so good and gets pretty much all the advanced chords  and passing chords correct, or close enough not to notice and its just a natural and satisfying way to play. It limits you to suitable lead voices like piano, organ, and as she shows, guitar. But it all feels so realistic, like really playing properly with a band or orchestra.
Mike

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 04:06:17 AM »
The speaker/ sound system on the CVP 809 is superb, realistic piano, and also the orchestrations from the Genos.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 05:09:30 PM »
The 809 has been out for months now and I know several people that have it and love it.