Author Topic: Tablet stands  (Read 3426 times)

Bachus

Tablet stands
« on: June 13, 2020, 03:19:26 PM »
Just a quick question on a new Tablet staand for my Genos.

I am looking for an ipad (tablet) stand that i can attach to a mocrophone stand..
Its important for me that i can pull the stand towards me, move it left/richt and change its angle on the fly, while the ipad stays in stable position when i touch it.

Something akin to those retractable TV and monitor stands, but then fit for an ipad, and not wallmount but mountable on a microphone stand.

Any advise is welcome.

Offline zionip

Re: Tablet stands
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »
Hi Bachus,

I tried many ipad pro holders, and found that the K&M Tablet PC stand holder 19790 the most stable, adjustable in depth and directions with the combination of a mic boom arm and a sturdy mic stand.

The following photo illustrates the use case of iPad Pro 12.9:

You can put your iPad Pro practically in front of your face:

Paul
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:28:42 PM by zionip »

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:24:44 PM »
Paul, i own the same one..

Its a great and stable holder..
Yet you cant change position on the fly..

Its just that i want it in another position for sheet music, as when operating the ipad..

But i like the idea of how you set it up.. 
its much more mobile then how i put mine
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 06:27:10 PM by Bachus »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 07:50:05 PM »
Paul
Nice setup . . . .

what is the cover you have above the Genos main screen ? is that to avoid light reflections ?

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline zionip

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »
Hi Al,

Yes, it is a customed plastic screen cover / hood to prevent screen glaring caused by direct overhead lighting.

Paul

The following users thanked this post: Al Ram

Offline kaimei19

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 03:21:26 AM »
Hi Bachus,

Probably not an answer for you but I ended up making a customised stand to suit my Proel Die Hard dual keyboard stand. I needed a solution to bring scores closer and also strong enough to support a laptop/tablet. It swings out of the way if not required. Made from stainless steel - small piece of sheet, small length of "U"-shaped channel and some bar. Not welded but epoxied together. Then covered with black felt which was hot-glued.

Cheers,
Phil

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bachus

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 06:28:18 PM »
Looks like agreat solution for a spider stand..

Mabe if ireplaced the iron bar with the moving part of a drawer?

Offline WaltMon

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »
Hi Bachus,

Maybe you could make a monitor/laptop stand work:

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Arms-Monitor-Stands/b/ref=dp_bc_aui_C_5?ie=UTF8&node=490624011

Walt
SX700, MOX6 (R.I.P.)

Bachus

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 08:08:53 PM »

Offline DaveS

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 11:37:32 PM »

I am looking for an ipad (tablet) stand that i can attach to a mocrophone stand..
Its important for me that i can pull the stand towards me, move it left/richt and change its angle on the fly, while the ipad stays in stable position when i touch it.

Something akin to those retractable TV and monitor stands, but then fit for an ipad, and not wallmount but mountable on a microphone stand.

Any advise is welcome.

G'day mate.

I use an iPad holder on mic stand that I think fits your bill.  It is made by Neewer and sells on eBay for around $25AUD.  I've used one for years, and they are very sturdy and easy to use, and can change the angle with just a bit of a push, or set it tight to the angle you want.  It comes with an arm that attaches to the mic stand and the iPad can pivot about from its extension.

sorry I don't have a pic, but if you search "Neewer iPad Holder" in eBay it will come up.  Very solid, it has brass threadings that are superior to others that are simply all-plastic.

Regards

Dave
Genos, Fender Acoustic Guitar, Lap Steel, Besson Cornet
Entertainer at local restaurants, clubs etc
Radio presenter at CairnsFM, Cairns, Qld
Program Executive at Phoenix 96.3fm, Bundaberg

Offline JanCK

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 04:08:44 PM »
Zionip, please tell us more about the custom screen cover that helps with glare. 

Where did you get it, etc?  Sounds like it helps with light glare indoors? 

Does it also help when playing outdoors when the shade is not deep enough?  In my area, most gigs are outdoors at wineries in spring, summer and fall.

For an iPad holder, I really like my IKlip.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 07:13:31 PM »
Bachus,

This is what  I use for my iPad Pro.This only works if you are near a wall, but is completely flexible in any direction. The picture is attached.
Here is a link to their page, which has a bunch of different types. The quality is equal to NASA.
https://www.displays2go.com/C-29593/FlexStand-iPad-Tablet-Holders-Universal-Compatibility

Rick D.

[attachment deleted by admin]