Author Topic: Bass and treble  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Ingar

Bass and treble
« on: June 10, 2020, 03:03:55 PM »
I don't know about you folks, but for me, I would have good use for two physical knobs on my keyboard. One for bass and one for treble. Maybee something for the next psr model?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:06:09 PM by Ingar »

Offline Joe H

Re: Bass and treble
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 03:42:58 PM »
Why don't you use the Master EQ.  Usually once you set the Treble and Bass there is no need to change it.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 05:07:07 PM »
BASS & TREBLE...No Thank you.
As already stated. Set the EQ & CMP for the Room & Speakers. You can save different setting as required.

If different files you load into keyboard need constant adjustment...then the file is not good quality.
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »
I don't know about you folks, but for me, I would have good use for two physical knobs on my keyboard. One for bass and one for treble. Maybee something for the next psr model?

Hi Ingar,

in my opinion, it is quite sufficient to have the Master EQ. Nobody constantly adjusts bass and treble. ;)

To quickly access the Master EQ, press [Direct Access] followed by the (Style Control) [Break] button.

To adjust "Bass", use the Gain control on the far left, for "Treble" use the Gain control on the far right. (See also the attached picture.)

Important: By default, a frequency of only 8 kHz is set for "Treble". I recommend setting a value of 10 to 12 kHz here (touch the frequency value to change).

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 02:11:12 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 07:11:14 PM »
overover. Agreed good point.
DGX670

Offline Ingar

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 08:23:10 PM »
Hi Ingar,

Nobody constantly adjusts bass and treble. ;)

Best regards,
Chris

I need to do that every now and then. 

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »

This is just my opinion on the subject.

The problem with that is when we mix styles or MIDI song files and have the Bass and Treble adjusted one way, then if we change those EQ settings later, the style or song file will not sound right, and there will be a lot of variation in playback of styles and MIDI song files.  You need to have a reliable sound "reference". It's better to leave the EQ flat or at some constant values to compensate for your headphones/speakers and/or room acoustics and adjust the EQ in style Parts to get the sound you want.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 09:28:42 PM »
So do I!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 10:00:15 PM »

Hi Ingar,

I recommend to use the Preset Styles and OTS as a reference, i.e. adjust the Master EQ so that the Preset Styles sound good. (I always leave the Master EQ "flat" and use the EQ of an external Mixer.) During a performance, corrections to the Master EQ or the EQ of the Mixer are normally no longer necessary.

Important: Use the PART EQs (in addition to exchanging Voices, adjusting the Channel Volumes and Effects) to match your Styles, MIDI files and the Voices of the Keyboard Parts to your "reference sound". (This can be, for example, a certain Preset Style or a certain MIDI file.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:03:58 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Ingar

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 01:30:33 PM »
On gigs with different conditions the sound changes and i need to do a quick adjust whitin the performace.
I will check out your suggestion.

Ingar
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 01:34:57 PM by Ingar »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 04:28:39 PM »
On the Sx900 you can now use the "Live Control" buttons, and use "bass" and "treble" for L, R1, R2, R3, Style, M. Pad and Midi.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!