Author Topic: Factory Expansion  (Read 2945 times)

blackpool

Factory Expansion
« on: June 07, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
Ok .....so i might be coming up with 'old news' here and maybe some are aware of this already ...but if not ... have a go...
there are 4 expansion packs pre.loaded and free in the 700 and 900

Just messing on 'Latin America' factory expansion ( one the four ) and came across these voices in it  - 'Gritos 1 & 2'  If you have not had a play around with these, then have a go ...

Create a market place, or busy Spanish bar room... really good ....well i think so ..also, note the Spanish counting 1-8 at the low end of the board!! great

I dont tend to mess around much with expansion, being a lazy 'plug and play' performer....but it really is amazing what is available.
Just seems odd to me that they don't simply bang ALL this expansion stuff in as 'preset' , then I suppose they want to 'tempt' us with these 'tasters' to perhaps buy particular 'add ons' later as after sales is, I imagine a lucrative market.

Keith
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:34:12 PM by blackpool »

blackpool

Re: Factory Expansion
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 07:06:37 PM »
Chris ...with respect..i know some of the stuff is dated .But i am not talking about styles here, these are 'voices'

Keith
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 07:14:38 PM by blackpool »

Offline Christopher Fernandes

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 07:26:55 PM »
Chris ...with respect..i know some of the stuff is dated .But i am not talking about styles here, these are 'voices'

Keith

Ohh... my bad. I thought, this about pre-installed content in general.
Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »
... Just seems odd to me that they don't simply bang ALL this expansion stuff in as 'preset' ...

Hi Keith,

this is because the memory space for Preset Voice wave data is limited. On SX900, for example, the so called NAND Flash memory for Preset Voice wave data is 1GB, and this memory area is almost completely occupied by the Preset data.

The four pre-installed free Packs are located in the Expansion memory (1GB on SX900).

In my opinion, this is a good idea from Yamaha, because this is how the Expansion memory is used in the first place and the user can try this free content directly.

As soon as other Expansion Packs are installed, the pre-installed packs are automatically deleted and the full Expansion memory is available. If you want to keep one or more Packs, this is also no problem, because the pre-installed packs can be downloaded free of charge from the Yamaha website (in cpf format). So you can import them into the YEM if required and combine them with any other packs. :)

P.S.
When downloading the pre-installed packs in cpf format, make sure that the "correct" version is downloaded (for SX900 or for SX700).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

blackpool

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 09:57:28 AM »
Thanks Chris...I had no idea how it all worked.
I have owned countless Yamahas and never used expansion in a big way, I do remember trying it on a 670.

I just thought these pre-loaded voices were inventive, so it might be something i will look at in more detail now. Thanks very much for your reply it was very useful.

Best regards - Keith

Offline anon125

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 11:37:16 PM »
Rikki has styles for the sx900, for anyone to download on this site.
when i install these will it automatically delete something else?
thanks

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 01:39:23 PM »
No Using styles will not delete anything just load and play from the USB stick.

Offline anon125

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 04:26:13 PM »
thanks EileenL
Does that also apply to these registrations?
https://www.strawberrymusicltd.com/search.php/sx900
Thanks