News:

PSR Tutorial Forum is Now Back to Life!

Main Menu

Peter Baartmans in quarantaine

Started by Wim, June 04, 2020, 12:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wim

At his studyroom in his home Peter gives a small demo at his Genos. Is in Dutch. From min. he shows how to play with the Lopper function. I also find it interesting to watch his technique. Both LH and RH. and the use of AI Fingered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3JOmemE_3k

rgds Wim

marc1956

Excellent. It's always a joy to see Peter playing.
What I wonder is: What has he beside the Genos. It sounds so good, that there must be some kind of side equipment.

Marc

billtracy

Quote from: marc1956 on June 08, 2020, 02:34:23 PM
Excellent. It's always a joy to see Peter playing.
What I wonder is: What has he beside the Genos. It sounds so good, that there must be some kind of side equipment.

Marc

Looks like all Genos to me.
Current: Korg PA900/JBL 308P/Focusrite Clarett 2Pre/Band in a Box/Reaper/EZdrummer 3. Previously Owned: Yamaha PSR-740/Yamaha PSR-1100/Yamaha PSR-S750.

Joe H

Peter is so good! He brings out the best in the Genos. He knows how to play the correct articulations of the right-hand lead instruments. If I wasn't watching the video but just listening... I could be fooled that there was a group of studio musicians playing.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

blackpool

Panic set in when i read this thread ...given its title ....glad it was not what i thought!!

He is such a talent !!

Keith

DerekA

I can't be certain in this case, but in his live demos Peter does often use pre-prepared MIDI backing files, that make a bigger sound. But it all comes from the Genos.

I say that as a huge admirer of his playing and arranging skill though. He makes it all seem so effortless.
Genos

marc1956

So, this great sound comes all out off the Genos Speakers???

DerekA

Quote from: marc1956 on June 09, 2020, 08:30:55 AM
So, this great sound comes all out off the Genos Speakers???

No

You don't make a professional recording like this from any speakers, you make it from the line output
Genos

marc1956

VilleGuy

Outstanding keyboard skills, for performance technique as well as utilizing the instrument's capabilities.