Author Topic: Cubase Patchname scripts for s775  (Read 3104 times)

dlbeaty

Cubase Patchname scripts for s775
« on: June 02, 2020, 08:04:48 PM »
After having searched this site and elsewhere, I could only find a script for the psr-s700 and a Cakewalk file for the s710. There seems to be many missing voices and variations from the s775.

Has anyone found a file for the s775? Is there an easier way to get one rather than editing what I have?

Dan

Offline overover

Re: Cubase Patchname scripts for s775
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 10:08:26 PM »
Hi Dan,

I found a PSR-S970 ins file here:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41237.msg333439.html#msg333439

I downloaded this ins file and converted it with Heiko Plate's program "Cubase Patchname Converter" into a Cubase Patchname script (.txt).

http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=87&Itemid=74

Maybe this file is helpful for you. (I attatched it to this post.)

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

dlbeaty

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 12:20:20 AM »
Hi Dan,

I found a PSR-S970 ins file here:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41237.msg333439.html#msg333439

I downloaded this ins file and converted it with Heiko Plate's program "Cubase Patchname Converter" into a Cubase Patchname script (.txt).

http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=87&Itemid=74

Maybe this file is helpful for you. (I attatched it to this post.)

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks.

So from here I need to go to the PDF of the s775 voices and edit the numbers and names as necessary? I found a ins file of the s770 which I could convert and edit as well. The problem is that everything is organized differently, making it difficult to keep track of which voices need editing.

OTOH, I would not be unhappy if someone else has what I need already made.

Dan

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 02:01:12 AM »
Hi Dan,

sorry, I overlooked that you have a S775. (I thought it was a s975.)

I also found a S770 ins file on Heiko's Website:

Instrument Definition for PSR-S770:

Dietmar Hess has created this Instrument Definition:

Download here: >>> psrS770.zip

I converted this S770 ins file into a Cubase Patchname Script file (.txt) an attached it to this post.

I recommend you to test this file in Cubase. If it works ok (and nobody can give you an S775 file for Cubase directly), you "only" will have to add the S775 "PLUS" Voices to the Cubase .txt file.

The "PSR-S975/PSR-S775 PLUS Contents List" can be downloaded here:

>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1153397/psrs975_s775_en_de_fr_es_pluscl_a0.pdf

These are 112 voices and drum kits that have been added to the S775 compared to the S770.  I think it is a relatively small, manageable number of voices, so adding it to the Cubase Patchname Script seems quite feasible with relatively little effort.

(The other voices are completely the same on S770 and S775. Only the Voice Lists in the corresponding Data Lists differ slightly, because on S775 the Organ and Accordion voices are in one single voice category.)

However, I have not yet dealt with the internal format of these Cubase files. Maybe there is someone here who is already familiar with it.

As I can see, in Cubase Patchname Scripts the Program Change number is counted from 0 to 127, and the order is "PrgChg(0 - 127), MSB, LSB".

In contrast, in the Yamaha voice numbers look like this: "#MSB-LSB-PRG(1 - 128)".

An example for "AnalogKit":
S775 Yamaha voice number:           #127-0-26
Cubase Patchname Script:  [p3,  25, 127,   0]   Drums Analog Kit

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:05:47 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

dlbeaty

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 02:18:03 AM »
Hi Dan,

sorry, I overlooked that you have a S775. (I thought it was a s975.)

I also found a S770 ins file on Heiko's Website:

Download here: >>> psrS770.zip

I converted this S770 ins file into a Cubase Patchname Script file (.txt) an attached it to this post.

Best regards,
Chris

Chris, thanks for the help. I had just now downloaded the conversion program and converted the s770 file to a Cubase txt file. It looks identical to the one you shared.  Thanks for sharing the additional "Plus" voices link. That will save some time.

Dan
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:39:48 PM by dlbeaty »

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 08:18:26 AM »
How do I add this to my Cubase???
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline ckobu

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 08:28:02 AM »
This is the procedure for entering a list in Cubase. I suggest @dlbeaty enter the Genos list, maybe it will match in some part.

https://youtu.be/Ry5e4zXg73o
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Normanfernandez

dlbeaty

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 07:04:02 PM »
Hi Dan,
-----------
As I can see, in Cubase Patchname Scripts the Program Change number is counted from 0 to 127, and the order is "PrgChg(0 - 127), MSB, LSB".

In contrast, in the Yamaha voice numbers look like this: "#MSB-LSB-PRG(1 - 128)".

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris for the clarification.

I am gradually getting it. My version of Cubase allows a choice of 0-127 or 1-128. That helps me to understand what is going on there.

My PSR730 manual and the patchname scripts both used the 0-127 system. That confused me until I saw the tab that allowed Cubase to switch them.

Dan

dlbeaty

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 06:50:17 PM »
Hi Dan,

I recommend you to test this file in Cubase. If it works ok (and nobody can give you an S775 file for Cubase directly), you "only" will have to add the S775 "PLUS" Voices to the Cubase .txt file.

The "PSR-S975/PSR-S775 PLUS Contents List" can be downloaded here:

>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1153397/psrs975_s775_en_de_fr_es_pluscl_a0.pdf

These are 112 voices and drum kits that have been added to the S775 compared to the S770.  I think it is a relatively small, manageable number of voices, so adding it to the Cubase Patchname Script seems quite feasible with relatively little effort.

(The other voices are completely the same on S770 and S775. Only the Voice Lists in the corresponding Data Lists differ slightly, because on S775 the Organ and Accordion voices are in one single voice category.)

However, I have not yet dealt with the internal format of these Cubase files. Maybe there is someone here who is already familiar with it.

Best regards,
Chris

Chris,

Do you have any idea what the G1, G2, P2, or P3 represent in the file? I think I can just name a catagory "plus voices." and insert them at the end. I might use G2 and P3 for them in case they mean GM2 and Page3. If that does not work I can always enter the info manually in Cubase for the voices if I ever need them.

Dan

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 07:28:16 PM »
Chris,

Do you have any idea what the G1, G2, P2, or P3 represent in the file? I think I can just name a catagory "plus voices." and insert them at the end. I might use G2 and P3 for them in case they mean GM2 and Page3. If that does not work I can always enter the info manually in Cubase for the voices if I ever need them. ...

Hi Dan,

no, i don't know what these abbreviations stand for. I have not yet dealt in detail with Cubase Patchname files and Cakewalk Instrument Definition files.

Heiko Plate (the developer of PSRUTI and also of the Cubase Patchname Converter program) may be able to help you here:

heikoplate<at>gmx.de   (replace <at> by @)

Best regards,
Chris

dlbeaty

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 02:56:03 PM »
Hi Dan,

no, i don't know what these abbreviations stand for. I have not yet dealt in detail with Cubase Patchname files and Cakewalk Instrument Definition files.

Heiko Plate (the developer of PSRUTI and also of the Cubase Patchname Converter program) may be able to help you here:

heikoplate<at>gmx.de   (replace <at> by @)

Best regards,
Chris

Chris, now that I have the keyboard I was able to use the converted file of the s770 you posted, and it works fine. I am not too concerned right now about the plus voices, as I can enter the numbers in manually if I need them later. I tried adding them to the file you shared, but Cubase could not read the file even after adding only one voice. I discovered I could add them to the original Cakewalk ins file, then convert it to a Cubase script successfully.

Now that I know it can be done, I want to spend more time learning the instrument!

Dan