Author Topic: New recordings (made on Genos) that I did recently  (Read 7674 times)

Offline manuel

Re: New recordings (made on Genos) that I did recently
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2020, 10:23:38 PM »
Hi Jim

Very nice recordings !!, I know some replies got into another subject, but, that aside, Keep them coming, you are very versatil too....I like that.

How do you process your recordings?, I use only the recorder on the Genos, sometimes I do the MIDI first, then I record it into audio....and I take it out into my computer and convert it into MP3 Using Sound Forge or Audacity.....
And 99% is just play and record....I know how to add tracks, but, I dont do it. I use Multipads to add something, but that is in real time as I am playing.

I think you mention a program, is that to Finalize the audio or what?? Just curious.

Manuel Dorantes
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline jimlaing

Re: New recordings (made on Genos) that I did recently
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2020, 12:52:40 AM »
Hi - thanks for the comments on my recordings - I do most of the work right in the Genos- making a complete recording in one pass of me playing the song.  I save that to a WAV file via the Genos' recording capability.  I take the WAV file and open it in Pro Tools, which is the audio/recording program that I have used for many years.  For some songs, I play the Genos into an audio interface, with Pro Tools, and add a little bit 'extra' (such as a layer of strings, a horn line, a glockenspiel on one verse, etc.) - just a little like that; I do not use multi-tracking extensively, just a little to add a sound on top of the original 'live played' recording.

I don't do much other processing, but I do use a tool called Isotrope to do a final 'mastering' of the track - mainly so that the overall sound level is similar from song to song; this tool help me even out the overall volume of all songs for consistency to make it like an 'album'.

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff