Author Topic: Saving accompaniment volume changes  (Read 3538 times)

Brian Johnson

Saving accompaniment volume changes
« on: May 22, 2020, 01:06:46 PM »
Hello All,

Over the years I have tried to change styles that play too loudly on my keyboard.
Recently decided to try again and find that I can change the volume, save the change following the procedure outlined in the help section on this site but the style reverts back to the original volume after the keyboard is powered off.
I have repeated this saving procedure dozens of times, renaming the file and saving to USR & USB to no avail.
Yesterday I changed a style volume to 45 and the tempo from 80 to 120 and after powering on and off the volume returned to 100 but the tempo retained the changed setting of 120.
Could this be a problem with this keyboard in general or my particular keyboard?

I recently re-updated the firmware to V1.8 just in case.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:12:49 PM by Brian Johnson »

Offline Toril S

Re: Saving accompaniment volume changes
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 03:35:32 PM »
What keyboard do you have?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 03:43:32 PM »
Hi Brian,

the easiest way would be to leave the Style file untouched,  and simply save all your changes in Registrations.

The global Style volume cannot be saved directly into the Style data. You must use a Registration to save or change the global Style volume (shown in the Balance display).

If you make changes to the Style Parts in the Mixing Console, you finally have to open the Style Creator and press "Save" there. Also for to save a new TEMPO directly to a Style you must use the Style Creator. (Just re-saving a Style in the Style Selection display will NOT do the job.)

I recommend to use the FIRST method, so just work with Registrations. :)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:04:35 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Brian Johnson

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »
Sorry, the keyboard is a PSR 3000.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 08:11:41 PM »
Just lower or raise the accompamient volume to the desired level using the Balance feature, which is on the default screen - it's that easy. It will not change when you change style selections. If you wish to save this information, it must be saved to a registration.

Good luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...