Author Topic: Freeze function Q...  (Read 2242 times)

blackpool

Freeze function Q...
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:24:25 PM »
I tend to use the freeze function most of the time, then, if i am using imported registrations, it does not change my pedal functions or assignable knobs/live controls etc.

Is there any way to have this automatically activated at power up by de-fault ?

problem is ...i forget sometimes to press it, as it wont of course work right after power up, as you need to wait until boot up is completed.

Unless i take the time to re-save all my imported regis...this problem always exists and i need to often time re-set set all my assignables, knobs and pedals which can be a pain .

its hardly a big deal, but something I would like to change if i could....any ideas would be welcome ...  thanks

Keith

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Freeze function Q...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 02:31:47 PM »
I tend to use the freeze function most of the time, then, if i am using imported registrations, it does not change my pedal functions or assignable knobs/live controls etc.

Is there any way to have this automatically activated at power up by de-fault ?

problem is ...i forget sometimes to press it, as it wont of course work right after power up, as you need to wait until boot up is completed.

Unless i take the time to re-save all my imported regis...this problem always exists and i need to often time re-set set all my assignables, knobs and pedals which can be a pain .

its hardly a big deal, but something I would like to change if i could....any ideas would be welcome ...  thanks

Keith

Freeze can’t be turned on by default.

The most popular solution is to have a Setup registration, which sets everything up the way you want. Loading a registration is a lot easier than manually resetting all your assignables.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 02:32:27 PM »
If you have your own registrations set the way you want them then before loading in any third party ones put the parameter lock on Registration and the third party ones will not change your settings in any way.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 03:04:00 PM »
If you have your own registrations set the way you want them then before loading in any third party ones put the parameter lock on Registration and the third party ones will not change your settings in any way.

The problem is there’s no Parameter Lock setting for Assignables. So this solution doesn’t work any more.

Cheers,
Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

blackpool

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »
Thanks very much Fred and Eileen  - will try that ... perhaps just using an initial reg will be fine Fred.
Just a pity it cant be a power up function...but you cant have everything!

Keith
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:07:39 PM by blackpool »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 03:57:27 PM »
Thanks very much Fred and Eileen  - will try that ... perhaps just using an initial reg will be fine Fred.
Just a pity it cant be a power up function...but you cant have everything!

What would be really nice is if the setup reg was automatically loaded on power up. That would really help.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »
What would be really nice is if the setup reg was automatically loaded on power up. That would really help.

Cheers,
Fred

That's probably doable with an OS update... Option to select a default registration bank on power up.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

blackpool

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 08:23:04 PM »
Yes Joe - that would be great ... it seems odd to me that they don't power up with the settings as they were at power down, or have a de-fault option for chosen functions to be on/off after boot up... maybe it is too big an ask.

It would not be a problem if you could simply power up and then go right to the freeze ( or any other button , like accomp one might need on ) , then I would not forget to put the darn thing on, but this is obviously not possible, with the boot delay.

But,yes if it 'could' be something to add/improve in an update ....I think it would be good

Hey ho ....its hardy a major issue .....lol

Thanks - Keith