Author Topic: Hello everyone, nice to meet you all :-)  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Leen

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all :-)
« on: May 18, 2020, 10:31:03 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is Leen, 48 years old and i'm living in Schiedam in the Netherlands. Music is my hobby and i love to hear music. The 80's and 90's are my favorite music years and Queen is my favorite band all times.
When i was 16 years old i had bought a Technics keyboard and a Roland U-20 Syntesizer. I had also an Atari computer with Steinberg and Cubase software.
I followed keyboard lessons but after a year i chose for other things in life. Football,friends, party etc etc.
Now, 32 years later, older,greyer and a little bit wiser ;-) i bought a YAMAHA PSR SX700 and i like to learn playing keyboard again. Now i will not stop :-)

Now i am member from PSR Tutorial and i think this is one of the best forums where i can learn a lot, find a lot of experience and meet other people to share their experiences.
I have to start again from almost "0" but i am very enthusiastic!!
Nice to meet you all! And thanks for all help in the future.

Greetings, Leen

Offline overover

Re: Hello everyone, nice to meet you all :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 11:41:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Leen!

Nice that you found your way back to playing the keyboard. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Leen

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 12:03:19 AM »
Hi Leen,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your new PSR-SX700 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 85,000 plus song titles in almost 2,300 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 12:10:33 AM »
Welcome Leen! Yes, this is the right place! Glad you found your way back to playing keyboard😀 All the best from Toril in Norway😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline RONBO

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 12:26:01 AM »
welcome Leen

Ron in Canada

regards
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 12:35:27 AM »
Welkom aan boord Leen!

Groetjes van Dick Rector (NL)
te Bali.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline thomas750

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 08:19:37 AM »
hallo leen
leuk om je hier op deze forum te ontmoeten kom zelf ook uit schiedam je zal hier een hoop op steken
thomas

nice to meet you here on this forum i also come out schiedam here you will find a lot of stuff and help
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Offline Leen

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »
Thanks everybody for the nice reactions :-)
It feels like one big family.

Dank allen voor de leuke reacties, het voelt als een grote familie hier.
Ik hoop hier heel veel te leren.

Gr, Leen

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 12:28:09 PM »
Hi Leen,

Welcome to the Forum. You will find very helpful and knowledgeable people here who will give their time and expertise to make your keyboard learning a pleasure.

You have a nice up to date keyboard in the SX700 which will give you enormous pleasure.

All good wishes

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.