Author Topic: Questions about PSR9000  (Read 2050 times)

SpikeFlloyd

Questions about PSR9000
« on: May 18, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »
After years of not using my Yamaha PSR9000 anymore, I took it out again and have some questions about it. I hope someone can help me.

1) I now have Version 2 but there is an update (Firmware) to version 3. I have to load this via a floppy disk, only now I no longer have a PC but an iMac and it does not have a floppy disk drive. Can I load that Firmware in another way?

2) What does this Firmware do and have I lost all styles, drums and voices or are they only supplemented?

3) The low C and D key no longer work. Can this be repaired?

4) Is there a simple piece of software where I can convert the melody into notes?

5) Because I have not a Diskdrive on my iMac, is there a possibility to load Styles in another way then via Disk?

Thanks for the answers

Erik
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 03:14:25 PM by SpikeFlloyd »

Offline danand

Re: Questions about PSR9000
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »
Hi Erik
I can't answer all your question but since I use until recently PSR-9000 pro, I have some ideas

3) The low C and D key no longer work. Can this be repaired?
Probably you have to change the "key contact rubber strip" which is located under the keyboard. Although on some Yamaha models the split this strip to pieces, PSR-9000 has a "one long piece" strip. last time I change it cost me +/- 60 Euros

4) Is there a simple piece of software where I can convert the melody into notes?
This has nothing to do with PSR-9000. There are some application for computer to do what are you looking for but don't wait something very accurate. The only way I managed until now to get "descent" results was with perfectly quantized MIDI material and still you have to make many changes.

5) Because I have not a Diskdrive on my iMac, is there a possibility to load Styles in another way then via Disk?
I think it's time to invest 50-70 euro for a decent USB floppy emulator for your PSR-9000, then you can use a simple USB stick instead of floppies.

Offline thomas750

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 08:34:35 PM »
hi eric
you can buy extend diskdrive cost not much than you can still use your floppys
thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 09:04:56 PM »
I did as Thomas suggested, bought an external floppy disk drive. However, the problems these days is getting the floppies! I dug in the bestemet for my old floppies, and I also asked my friends if they had any, and got some.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page