Author Topic: Can I play styles from PSR-730 on my Genos?  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Pejaysea

Can I play styles from PSR-730 on my Genos?
« on: May 18, 2020, 01:58:14 AM »
Hi,
i started with a PSR 730 20 years ago, and I'd like to use some of those old styles on my Genos. I have the style files from Yamaha along with some updated ones I found here on this site. After downloading then I transferred them using a USB stick to my Ge nos. So far so good. I saved the files to the registrations (transferred to the Genos from my PSR S970) and they worked fine. I saved everything.

But, when I reopened a file, the style hadn't been saved!  I checked a few others. Same result. I tried saving again. The registrations seemed just fine. Everything worked fine. But after switching to a different registration and coming back, it wasn't saved. It's as if I missed verifying the save but I've done other registrations dozens of times with no problem.  I even went back to the manual to be sure I’d done things right.

Now I’m wondering:  do files from the old relic keyboard need to be converted in order to work?  If so, can you recommend the easiest way to do so? 

Other - maybe important information:  I recently moved and much of my gear wasn’t used for a few months. Yesterday I downloaded and installed the most recent firmware update (I was at 1.3  :-\) I also did a factory reset on the Genos because I had a problem with notes “sticking” every once in a while.

Besides this issue, the Genos seems to be working fine.

Thanks very much.
Pete
Genos
PSR-S970
Roland Fantom X6
Roland Juno DS

Online Fred Smith

Re: Can I play styles from PSR-730 on my Genos?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 03:15:51 AM »
All styles load on new keyboards, including Genos, so that’s not your problem.

Your problem is your registrations can’t find the style, so they do nothing (ie, leave the current loaded style as is).

You need to re-memorize your registrations with the new location of your styles, or move your styles to where your registrations are expecting to find them.

Cheers,
Fref
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Pejaysea

Offline Pejaysea

Re: Can I play styles from PSR-730 on my Genos?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 04:18:27 AM »
Fred,
Thank you for your reply.  It took me a while to realize that I was forgetting to touch the Memory button during the save process. 
Unfortunately when you’ve been away from something like one of these keyboards for a while, it’s easy to forget a step.
Pete
Pete
Genos
PSR-S970
Roland Fantom X6
Roland Juno DS