Author Topic: How to use the Guide function  (Read 1374 times)

Davo

How to use the Guide function
« on: May 17, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me use the Guide function properly.

It works exactly as per the Owners Manual and Reference Manual for some songs but not for others. For example, I can press the STOP/START button to sync start OK and it will pause correctly waiting for a key to be pressed before playing the next note (Any Key), but only for some MIDI tracks. With others it sync starts OK but then doesn't play the note from the MIDI track when a note on the keyboard is played. This is odd because when I select SCORE, I can see the bouncing ball advancing from note to note. Other songs start but then continue without waiting for a note to be played. I hope all of this has something to do with the settings - I am using only the defaults.

I have heard that MIDI channels need to be assigned certain instruments, but other than Drums on MIDI CH 10, I can't see any pattern between the songs that work and the ones that don't.

I can email copies of example MIDI tracks that work and don't work if there is someone that knows about how to set GUIDE settings or channel assignments. 

Thanks in advance.

Offline EileenL

Re: How to use the Guide function
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 01:33:21 PM »
Are the midi files you are using produced by Yamaha. If not this may be your problem.