Author Topic: Pad on/off  (Read 2992 times)

Online Luluc

Pad on/off
« on: May 14, 2020, 07:37:47 PM »
Hi all Genosphils,

When I play the Genos in live, I can load a Multipad file and while playing I select the pad N°1 for example and later I select the pad N°4. Both are playing.
But I can't switch off the pad N°1 alone keeping the pad N°4 keeping to play.

Why do we not have an on/off function on the pad buttons or what am I missing ? ?

Luluc,
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Pad on/off
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 07:44:16 PM »

When I play the Genos in live, I can load a Multipad file and while playing I select the pad N°1 for example and later I select the pad N°4. Both are playing.
But I can't switch off the pad N°1 alone keeping the pad N°4 keeping to play.

Why do we not have an on/off function on the pad buttons or what am I missing ? ?

This topic has been addressed several times on the forum.

Why? All we can say is that's the way it is. Why questions you really need to ask Yamaha about.

To solve your problem, you need a Padstopper. You can get one here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsHi9Gh31gfOhvVGTwN3HgHi3u2U5Q?e=2rz6Fj

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: balcino

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 08:25:09 PM »
When you have more than one PAD playing...PRESS HOLD STOP plus PAD you wish to stop, this leaves the other PAD running.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:26:56 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 10:19:28 AM »
Hello  :)

Am glad this problem was brought up as i too have struggled to switch on/off pads as was used to doing it  on  prior yammies
Many times would have 3 pads going at once and then switched 2 off  to let one pad going as needed in the arrangement
In the Genos and the sx900 have not been able to do that .   
Just did not want to bring up the pad dilema, as maybe was only one.
It was so easy before to regulate the number of pads and will try the suggestion submitted by Graham

Thanks Luluc for bringing up this matter,, the frenzy might be over.

stay safe and well
cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Online Luluc

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »
Thanks all for your inputs.
Graham, that is fine : it is exactly what I was looking for. Very good tip.

Luluc,
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline Wim

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 11:11:42 AM »
The link(s) below show you the Principe. It is in German but put automatic translation on. Starts actually from Minut 1.20

https://www.keyboard-akademie.de/2020/04/29/eine-leere-multibad-bank-erstellen-power-tipp-genos-psr-sx900-sx700/

This one is in English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ea0ep31SeE

I hope it's helps you.

rgds.
Wim

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »
Am glad this problem was brought up as i too have struggled to switch on/off pads as was used to doing it  on  prior yammies
Many times would have 3 pads going at once and then switched 2 off  to let one pad going as needed in the arrangement
In the Genos and the sx900 have not been able to do that .   
Just did not want to bring up the pad dilema, as maybe was only one.
It was so easy before to regulate the number of pads and will try the suggestion submitted by Graham

Elaine,

There’s no difference in how multipads operate between Genos and Tyros. You turn them on and off in the same way.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

whataguy

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »
Thanks for the tip Graham, I appreciate the way you keep an eye on things . . . Don in MI

Offline Patt22

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 05:19:55 PM »
Hello,

You may have forgotten that in the mixing page on the Genos screen, you also have a "Pad" tab which allows you to activate or deactivate the pads activated with the physical keys during the game! ... Try ! This may help under certain circumstances.

I failed to freeze the state in a registration.

Patrick   ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 05:24:08 PM by Patt22 »
Genos-mfc10-GroovyBand Live Platinium-VoiceLive3X-DRX15- UI24R- HF SM35 ...

Music is a Wave, choose the right Frequency to touch the Soul of those who listen to you ...

Online overover

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 08:32:15 PM »
Hello,

You may have forgotten that in the mixing page on the Genos screen, you also have a "Pad" tab which allows you to activate or deactivate the pads activated with the physical keys during the game! ... Try ! This may help under certain circumstances.

Hi Patrick,

unfortunately, the "M.Pad" tab of the Mixer you can only used to adjust the balance among the four Audio Link Multi Pads.

The volume of MIDI Multi Pads can still only be adjusted for all four Pads at the same time. Changing the volume of individual Pads within a (MIDI) Multi Pad bank is still only possible in Multi Pad Creator > Step Edit.

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Patt22

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 10:56:07 PM »
 Hello,

My suggestion is to use this page for a live on / of (in green) during the performance and it works! 

Turn on your 4 pads in sync start or other ( the ones you are interested in during your song and keep in the registration ) even if they are not audio and manage them in "on / of" with the screen while you play, it is possible ... try it on Dance ! It's not a coincidence if it is on the mixing screen ! 

As a bonus, you have the grayed out instrument icons to guide you, it's good to take while waiting for other functions on this page !

So we have an on / of command on the Genos via the screen, which also answers the question ... to everyone to use the method that suits best,

Only regret, that this page "pad" is not retained in the registrations ...

Friendly,

Patrick
Genos-mfc10-GroovyBand Live Platinium-VoiceLive3X-DRX15- UI24R- HF SM35 ...

Music is a Wave, choose the right Frequency to touch the Soul of those who listen to you ...