Author Topic: create voice and copy to usb stick  (Read 3632 times)

chitarrone

create voice and copy to usb stick
« on: May 15, 2020, 12:03:41 AM »
hello to everyone
how can i create a custom voice without the need to put it in a pack(using YEM)?
i.e downloading the Henny voices here on this site i just need to unzip them and use them directly from a usb flash drive,if i don’t get wrong
how did they make those voices?
thanks in advance
i hope i made my point
 great music to everyone

Offline Joe H

Re: create voice and copy to usb stick
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 12:48:37 AM »
If they are pack Voices (I think they are) then you must use YEM to install them. If they are User Voice files (.vce), then these are Voice Set Files and NOT the actual audio files.  Voice Set files are special MIDI files that store the modifications to Preset or pack Voices.  When you load a Voice into Right or Left Voice, the Voice file is then loaded after the Preset or pack Voice is loaded and modifies that Voice. 

When you select a Voice for a style Part or Multi Pad, the Voice Set file is NOT loaded.  The Voice Set file is only used for Right and Left Voices.

Joe H
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:52:35 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 01:33:03 AM »
... how can i create a custom voice without the need to put it in a pack(using YEM)?
i.e downloading the Henny voices here on this site i just need to unzip them and use them directly from a usb flash drive,if i don’t get wrong
how did they make those voices? ...

Hi chitarrone,

in addition to Joe H's post:

A distinction is made between Custom Voices and User Voices.

1. Voices in Expansion Packs (.ppf/.cpf Pack formats) are called Custom Voices. There are also Custom Voices from previous keyboard models e.g. .uvn/.uvd (Tyros3/4) or .tvn/.tvd (Tyros2). These Custom Voices can be based on their own (new) Samples OR can be based on Preset Samples of the keyboard with which they are created OR a combination of both (based on internal and external Samples).

2. User Voices (also called "Voice Set files"), on the other hand, are something completely different. (Joe H has already described this above.)

The voices in >>> "Henni's Voice Collection" are such User Voices. They can have different file extensions, depending on which Preset (or Custom) Voice they were originally created from. (The Voice Set files of all Expansion Voices (installed Custom Voices) are .vce files, stored in the "Expansion" folder in the User drive.)

File extensions of User Voices:

.vce .VCE = Regular
.liv .LIV = Live!
.clv .CLV = Cool!
.swv .SWV = Sweet!
.nlv .NLV = S.Art! (Tyros5 / PSR-S970/975 / Genos / PSR-SX)
.sar .SAR = S.Art!
.sa2 .SA2 = S.Art2!

.mgv .MGV = MegaVoice
.org .ORG = Organ Flutes

.drm .DRM = Drums
.ldr .LDR = Live! Drums
.rvd .RVD = Revo! Drums
.rvs .RVS = Revo! Drums (AfroCubanKit, BrazilianKit, PopPercKit)

.sfx .SFX = SFX!
.lsf .LSF = Live!SFX

How to make a User Voice (file) on PSR-S975/775:

- Select the desired Keyboard Part (e.g. Right 1), open the Voice Selection display and select the desired Preset Voice for this Part.

- In the Voice Selection display (make sure you are in Menu 1!), press "Voice Set" (lower button 5).  For the parameters to be edited please refer to the S975/775 Reference Manual, starting with page 15. If you not have this Manual, you can download it here:

>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s975/downloads.html#product-tabs

- You can also open the Mixing Console and make the desired changes there (e.g. Filter, Tune, Effects, EQ parameters).

- When you have finished in the Mixing Console, press [Exit] button to come back to the Voice Set. If you have NOT previously opened the Voice Set display, open it NOW.

- Finally press "Save" button in the Voice Set to save the edited voice as a User Voice file (in the User drive or on a USB stick). :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:11:04 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, wersianer

chitarrone

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 08:57:52 AM »
hello! how precious you are!i learn something i didn’t know,you were a big big help,thanks you
Overover and Joe H!
see you soon!