Author Topic: Deleted threads in the PSR-E Keyboard section  (Read 431 times)

Offline SciNote

Deleted threads in the PSR-E Keyboard section
« on: May 14, 2020, 08:52:54 AM »
Just curious as to what happened to two threads in the PSR-E section, as they appear to have disappeared.  I did not start these threads, but I commented in them.  At least when I checked them, they didn't seem to be offensive or violating a policy.  One was a question about converting an mp3 file to a MIDI file, and the other was a question asking advice about setting up styles and registrations on the PSR-E433.  Were they deleted intentionally, and if so, why?  Or is there a bug in the forum causing random threads to be deleted?  And that is not sarcasm -- there have been bugs in the past that deleted threads.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:08:55 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Online overover

Re: Deleted threads in the PSR-E Keyboard section
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 11:12:22 AM »
Hi Bob,

I clicked on your profile, then on >>> "Show Posts" and found these two threads:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55425.msg432206.html#msg432206

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55336.msg431593.html#msg431593

Are these the threads that you think have been deleted? They may just have been moved.

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: SciNote

Offline SciNote

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 11:54:36 AM »
Hey, thanks for the help!  I didn't even think to check to see if there was a way that I could research my own posts like that.  And you were exactly right -- they were simply moved to different sections of the forum.  I didn't catch that right away because I was under the impression that when a thread is moved, there is still a kind of marker thread and post in the original section where it was posted that can then redirect you to the new location.  In the case of these threads, they were just gone from the PSR-E section altogether.

It's curious that they were moved.  Their new locations are certainly logical categories, but so was the original location, as the OP was asking questions about how he can use these specific features on his keyboard, which is a PSR-E433.
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 02:38:27 PM »
Hey, thanks for the help!  I didn't even think to check to see if there was a way that I could research my own posts like that. ...

My pleasure, Bob! :)

P.S.
I often use the following method to find recent posts of a certain user (or mine ;) ):

On the home page of the forum (https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php), scroll down to "Recent Posts" section and highlight some characters here with the mouse (for example the word "Recent"). Use "Cmd + F" to call up the Search function of your browser. Type in the search term (for example "sci") and press "Enter" if needed. Press "F3" to jump to the next find (see also the attached picture).

If you use the firefox browser, you can set it so that the current page is searched automatically when you type in text. So, you don't need to press "Cmd + F".

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 03:36:13 PM by overover »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 03:32:53 PM »
Bob,

Are you sure the thread was moved? I'm not trying to be sarcastic either, but normally when a thread is moved, a response to the original post is made indicating where it was moved. There is no such post in your case.

Are you sure it was moved (in which case we should investigate the problem), or could you have posted it to the current board by mistake?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 03:47:11 PM »
Thanks Chris. I didn't think of using the search function! Great!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline SciNote

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 04:08:59 PM »
Bob,

Are you sure the thread was moved? I'm not trying to be sarcastic either, but normally when a thread is moved, a response to the original post is made indicating where it was moved. There is no such post in your case.

Are you sure it was moved (in which case we should investigate the problem), or could you have posted it to the current board by mistake?

Cheers,
Fred

99.9% positive that they were moved.  Since I have a PSR-E433, I always check that board (the PSR-E series board) to see if there is anything new, and those two threads were in that section.  The one about converting mp3 files to MIDI disappeared from that board first, and then the one about set-up and registrations was gone next.  I didn't start the threads, but they were both moved shortly after I posted in them.  Since I didn't realize that they were moved, and just thought they were deleted, I was concerned that maybe I posted something inappropriate or went off topic or that my post was misunderstood and thought to be negative or sarcastic.  Glad to see the threads were just simply moved.

I thought there would be a marker post in the original thread, as well.  But as I looked at other boards in the forum, I didn't see any marker posts for moved threads like I used to see, so maybe that feature has been turned off.

Another reason that I'm virtually sure that these threads were originally in the PSR-E section is that I often just check the forum without logging in, and then I'll log in to post a reply if I see something that I want to respond to.  Well, the new boards that these threads were moved to are not visible when not logged in.

And yes, that is a good idea to use the search function on the start page to find threads -- after logging in, of course, so that the search will pick up posts in all forum threads, not just those visible as a guest.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 04:14:54 PM by SciNote »
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520