Author Topic: styles from usb  (Read 14742 times)

windywoo

styles from usb
« on: May 11, 2020, 08:00:21 PM »
hi all
can anyone tell me how to get styles
from my usb stick onto my tyros
im a cpmplete newbee at keyboards and i havent
got a clue  ::) ::)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: styles from usb
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »
hi all
can anyone tell me how to get styles
from my usb stick onto my tyros
im a cpmplete newbee at keyboards and i havent
got a clue  ::) ::)

First, you can load styles from your USB. Lots of people have their keyboard set up that way.

Second, where do you want them on your Tyros -- the User drive, or the hard drive?

Regardless, press the Styles button (D). On the top right of the display you will see tabs for your drives (eg, User, HD1, USB1, etc.). Navigate to the USB stick by using the Tab buttons near the top right of the display. When USB1 is highlighted, it will display the style files on that drive. You may have to navigate through some folders to get to the styles you want.

Once you have your styles displayed, press Copy (one of the buttons at the bottom). Now select the files you want copied. You can select as many as you want. Press OK. Navigate to where you want them copied to (ie, the User or Hard drive). Once there, press the button for Copy Here.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 09:07:05 PM »
Hi windywoo,

Tyros 3 manual:
https://de.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/313567/tyros3_en_om_c0.pdf

Yamaha keyboard lessons:
https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html

Take your time and have fun  :)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 09:52:03 PM »
How did it go? You will get the hang of it! All the button pushing can be a little scary at first, an awful lot of buttons on those beasts! :) Don't be afraid to ask for help, we are all a big family here :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 10:20:00 PM »
windywoo. I you wish styles can be played direct from USB, they don't have to be copied to the Tyros.
DGX670

Geoff P

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 10:57:04 PM »
Hi. Please help; as a   Newbie I have tried to copy a gig disc (Graham’s) to my tyros 3. The file is copied fully to the usb drive but when I navigate to the correct tab I get an almost blank screen. There is an icon of a folder but no further information.  Pressing “view” doesn't help either. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 12:07:02 AM »
Hi. Please help; as a   Newbie I have tried to copy a gig disc (Graham’s) to my tyros 3. The file is copied fully to the usb drive but when I navigate to the correct tab I get an almost blank screen. There is an icon of a folder but no further information.  Pressing “view” doesn't help either. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Geoff,

- unzip the downloaded .zip file into a new folder on your computer.

- Copy this folder containing the individual Style files (e.g. .sty,  .prs, .sst etc.) onto a USB stick.

- Connect the stick to the Tyros3.

- Open the Style Selection display (e.g. by pressing one of the Style category buttons, or pressing the [D] display button when you are in the Main display).

- Use the TAB buttons to go to USB1 tab. Select the desired folder (to open it) and select one of the Styles (to load it).

- Now you can play the Style as usual. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:55:49 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Geoff P

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 03:00:17 PM »
Many thanks Chris. All is well now. I am most grateful and I look forward now to browsing the Forum.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 04:59:37 PM »
Many thanks Chris. All is well now. I am most grateful and I look forward now to browsing the Forum.

Thanks for your feedback, Geoff!

By the way: You can find thousands of Styles for your Tyros3 on the PSR Tutorial main site:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/Tyros3/tyros_3.html

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)