Author Topic: Multipad stop with registration changing  (Read 2555 times)

andorra

Multipad stop with registration changing
« on: May 11, 2020, 02:51:26 PM »
There are video tipps for Genos after multipad syncronstart to stop it with choosing other registration bank. I try follow this tips, but the multipad doesn't stop after change registration well the multipad have been replaced for a mute multipad. Works it only at Genos?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Multipad stop with registration changing
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »
There are video tipps for Genos after multipad syncronstart to stop it with choosing other registration bank. I try follow this tips, but the multipad doesn't stop after change registration well the multipad have been replaced for a mute multipad. Works it only at Genos?

Andorra,

From what I can tell, you're trying to use a Padstopper. This works with every model; it's not unique to Genos.

In the registration where you want the multipad to stop, you just load Padstopper, with the pad (or pads) you want stopped activated.

If you need the Padstopper file, it's here: PadStopper

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 03:42:01 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 03:37:33 PM »
Have you tried the so-called 'stop pad'? In a registration you turn it on (all 4 buttons). Then save it in the relevant registration. As soon as you tap this, the Multipad stops, because it has the shortest possible voice. To run a Multipad again, simply click on the next registration. You can do this if necessary. to repeat. Of course you can also just press the Stop button of the Multipad ... If you search on 'stop pad' you will see more information. I hope this helps you, have fun ...

(OK, I just saw Fred has answered in the same time..)
My best regards,
Ton

andorra

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 04:14:12 PM »
Thank you all. It doesn't work. At the second registration (for stop) the MultiPad item was marked only the other ones were emty.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »
Thank you all. It doesn't work. At the second registration (for stop) the MultiPad item was marked only the other ones were emty.

It does work, Andorra. Why would you think we would post something that didn't work?

Did you use Padstopper in the second registration? Did you SyncStart it?

Post your registration so we can take a look at it for you, and help you out with it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

andorra

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Fred. I didn't think padstopper required the syncronstart too.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »
You could turn all the pad volumes to zero

Mixer/EQ > Panel > M.Pad > 0 > Save in desired Registration Bank
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 08:17:39 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Fred. I didn't think padstopper required the syncronstart too.

You are amazing... I agree with Fred, you asked for help but don't accept the instructions given here.

Maybe you should my article and download the registrations files to see for yourself how this works.  Yes you need to used Multi Pad Sync Start with every registration. If you take the time to read my article and download the demo files it will all became clear to you.

Even though I focused on dance music for the article the process and technique works with all keyboards and genre of music.

Joe H

http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

andorra

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 09:16:21 AM »
OK. I made a silent pad  it was part of my question. I asked only one information to this, why doesn't work this stop method for me. I got this information from Fred i'm glad. Your link come late, but t.y. too. Each of us is different, maybee I'm skilled in other ways.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:24:28 AM by andorra »

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 09:24:31 PM »
Hi andorra,

if you haven't seen these videos by Throalf Abgarjan:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Keyboardseminare/search?query=multi

I recommend you watch also the first video (it's about 14 minutes long). Unfortunately it is only available in German so far.

He does NOT work with special "pad stoppers", but simply with (any) "One shot" preset multi pads and sets the multi pad volume to zero if necessary.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

andorra

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 07:10:54 AM »
Thank you Overover. This is the same solution what we talked about.  ;)  At Genos it's a little simpler.